Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
Pouch26
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 927
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Alright I did some number crunching for you.

Based on your top 9, with numbers adjusted for Manu (18/4.7/4.1 etc etc).....you are brutal at bds and FG%. To me, those are what you dump.

You are nearly good in blks...maybe the guys you were up against had bad weeks, or maybe the blks are really spread out in your league. So, you could dump blks, or try for blks.

To me, if you moved Bynum, it would do nothing bad to your team (other then blks). Make sure they are good at scoring, low TOs, good FT%. Ideally they would steal/3's. You don't care about their rebounding or FG%. That should be easy as people want good FG% guys.

OR.....deal bynum for another shot blocker, just one that hits more FT%....I am not sure who that is.

David Lee can also go. Again, focus on non FG% and bds cats. Make sure you keep an eye on Turnovers. Nate is hurt, so you should pick up some 3's. Keeping Pietrus might not be a bad idea. Eric Gordon is sure to be a TO machine.

Dealing GWall might be smart too...for better FT%, lower TOs, more 3's/pts.

Finally, you could keep Bynum, for the blks and deal Gwall and his 75% FT on 6+ attempts. Deal Lee, Gwall for scoring, 3's, FT%, dimes.

Finally..again....you could dump FG%, Bds and blks...in which case it gets easier as you deal Lee, Bynum, Hawes, Gwall and Z.....for Pts, 3's, dimes, stls, TOs and FT%. The only problem there....be VERY careful of TOs (keeping Z might not be bad...decent pts, low TOs and great FT%). Marion is untouchable for your team. Target Dirk bigtime (Bynum/Gwall for Dirk + player).

Thanks for the number crunching. You're good. So what do you think about his Dirk and Mo Williams (or T Prince) for my Bynum and G Wallace? What would be a better plan? Too much?

Or I could try to get A Jamison for Gerald Wallace and Spencer Hawes? The person who has Jamison likes those all around players. Or should I trade Gerald Wallace for Brad Miller? Thanks for the help and Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by Pouch26 : 11-27-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
Thanks for the number crunching. You're good. So what do you think about his Dirk and Mo Williams (or T Prince) for my Bynum and G Wallace? What would be a better plan? Too much?

Or I could try to get A Jamison for Gerald Wallace and Spencer Hawes? The person who has Jamison likes those all around players. Or should I trade Gerald Wallace for Brad Miller? Thanks for the help and Happy Thanksgiving!

Mo Will gets too many TOs. I would think that the Dirk/Prince would be great for you.

Jamison would be awesome as well with those low TOs, but his 80% FT won't stick. However, if you can get him for Gwal/Hawes, it's a good deal in terms of your strategy. See if you could get another player with Jamison, a lesser guy who fits your strategy for your bench.

I think you can get more then Bmill for Gwal.

See what others think about those offers. You need dimes too remember.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
Pouch26
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 927
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Mo Will gets too many TOs. I would think that the Dirk/Prince would be great for you.

Jamison would be awesome as well with those low TOs, but his 80% FT won't stick. However, if you can get him for Gwal/Hawes, it's a good deal in terms of your strategy. See if you could get another player with Jamison, a lesser guy who fits your strategy for your bench.

I think you can get more then Bmill for Gwal.

See what others think about those offers. You need dimes too remember.

I think I'll try for Dirk and Prince.

How about Calderon? Who could I offer for him? Would he be a good fit?
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #19
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
I think I'll try for Dirk and Prince.

How about Calderon? Who could I offer for him? Would he be a good fit?

Jose would be an incredible fit. You might want to try for him with a Bynum deal. Bynum/Gwal or Hawes/Gwal or Bynum/Hawes or sub Lee into one of those etc....for Jose + player.

If you get Dirk/Prince...you'll still have Hawes/Lee to shop, with a focus on dimes/3's and low TOs. Jamison would be great (except for 3s). You might want to offer up Lee/Bynum for the Dirk combo....or Lee/Bynum/Hawes for Dirk/Prince....then save Gwall to use to get Jamison or a PG.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #20
Pouch26
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 927
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Jose would be an incredible fit. You might want to try for him with a Bynum deal. Bynum/Gwal or Hawes/Gwal or Bynum/Hawes or sub Lee into one of those etc....for Jose + player.

If you get Dirk/Prince...you'll still have Hawes/Lee to shop, with a focus on dimes/3's and low TOs. Jamison would be great (except for 3s). You might want to offer up Lee/Bynum for the Dirk combo....or Lee/Bynum/Hawes for Dirk/Prince....then save Gwall to use to get Jamison or a PG.


Man, so many options...This is confusing me. What option should I try first? I always 2nd guess myself when I'm trading. Let me show you my competition and see if any obvious first try trade ideas pop out at you. Thanks again.

Here's Dirk's team

Allen Iverson
Peja Stojakovic
Paul Pierce
Travis Outlaw
Kenyon Martin
Richard Jefferson
Chris Kaman
Dirk Nowitzki
Kendrick Perkins
Mo Williams
Tayshaun Prince
Josh Howard
Al Harrington


Here's Calderon's team:

Rudy Fernandez
Ben Gordon
Andre Miller
Rashard Lewis
Thaddeus Young
Amare Stoudemire
Brad Miller
Antawn Jamison
Anthony Carter
Troy Murphy
Jose Calderon
Mike Dunleavy
Marc Gasol
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

Bynum/Z/Lee for Dirk/Prince...he should be worried about big man stats with Kaman hurting.

Gwall/Hawes for Jose/Thad.

Neither may get it done. But it's a start. Dirk's team may drop Outlaw. Which you could pick up if the Jose deal got declined, and you had to offer Gwall/Hawes for Jose...no Thad.

If the Jose deal is a no go, then you ask for Jamison/Thad....but you'll need to deal with dimes in another deal.

You could certainly try the Dirk deal without Lee...but I doubt it will get done. If the Dirk owner would prefer Hawes, then tell him you can make that happen, in place of Z or Lee.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:40 AM   #22
Pouch26
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 927
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

He doesn't want to give up Calderon, but would give me Andre Miller. This is the offer he gave me...
My Bynum and Hawes for his Andre Miller and Thadeus Young. Would you take this offer? Not sure if this will help me as much. The other deal I'm still considering is my Bynum/DLee/Ilgauskas for his Dirk and Tayshaun Prince.


Here's my team:
PG: Baron Davis
SG: Terry
G Manu Ginobilli
SF: Hedo
PF: Gerald Wallace
F: Marion
C: Bynum
UTIL: Ilgauskas
UTIL:Nate Robinson

Bench: Hawes
Bench: Pietrus
Bench: David Lee
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 AM   #23
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Getting killed! Is my team that bad? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
He doesn't want to give up Calderon, but would give me Andre Miller. This is the offer he gave me...
My Bynum and Hawes for his Andre Miller and Thadeus Young. Would you take this offer? Not sure if this will help me as much. The other deal I'm still considering is my Bynum/DLee/Ilgauskas for his Dirk and Tayshaun Prince.


Here's my team:
PG: Baron Davis
SG: Terry
G Manu Ginobilli
SF: Hedo
PF: Gerald Wallace
F: Marion
C: Bynum
UTIL: Ilgauskas
UTIL:Nate Robinson

Bench: Hawes
Bench: Pietrus
Bench: David Lee

Definitely say no to that deal. Outside of a Lee or Hawes straight up for Dre, I'd wait on a deal with that GM. I'd send the Dirk offer, but make it know that he can have 2 of Lee/Hawes/Z with Bynum for Dirk and Prince.

Also, the Calderon owner is probably 0 for 100 in dimes.....what is Jose doing for his team when Jose's biggest asset is useless on a poor dime team? Make him realize that. He'd probably be much better served with bigs that you can offer him. Potentially you could give Bynum in the Jose deal, if the Dirk owner would take Gwal/Z/big. You'll have to feel it out.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy