Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Eddie Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I though Silas fell off the face of the Earth.
Last year he got beat out for the Bobcats job by Sam Vincent, but still living in NC. Wouldn't hurt to give him a call. Had some good seasons with those Davis/Mashburn Hornets.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #17
Trovez
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Trovez has an OK reputation so far

It's unbelievable how many coaches I would take over Sam Mitchell right now. Quite sad really.
Trovez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #18
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Should be simple enough.

Should we or shouldn't we?

You can go ahead and add me to the abso-f*cking-lutely camp on Eddie Jordan. It's time for a change, and I think he'd fit the Raptors very well. An intense guy but seems to know how to relate to his players in order to get the best out of them - I doubt Arenas, Jamison and co would have much bad to say about him. When it comes down to it, players with actual potential to live up to like Bosh, Bargnani etc need more out of a head coach than just 'I thought we played well, we missed some defensive assignments, we weren't hitting shats'. On another note, the Princeton offense he's known for is tailor-made for a team with a strong post presence, great shooters, and someone capable of getting to the basket. Hi there. If they all bought in, players like Bosh, Calderon, Bargnani, Moon, Kapono could thrive in that kind of regulated system-oriented offense. Imagine, having an actual plan on offense night in and night out.

As for Avery Johnson, he's been terribly overrated as a coach. He's coached a single team, a championship contending team which was handed to him his rookie head coaching year so that Don Nelson could take a nap, and after year one somehow allowed it to slight right backward from there.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #19
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

If we lose to Charlotte tonight, I think it almost becomes inevitable that Sam loses his job. There's only so much a GM can take before he makes a move for an actual coach (ie. Avery, Eddie, PJ). 3 losses in a row at home is unacceptable, especially because that NJ loss happened entirely because Sam couldn't even run an inbounds play that would work.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #20
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
You can go ahead and add me to the abso-f*cking-lutely camp on Eddie Jordan. It's time for a change, and I think he'd fit the Raptors very well. An intense guy but seems to know how to relate to his players in order to get the best out of them - I doubt Arenas, Jamison and co would have much bad to say about him. When it comes down to it, players with actual potential to live up to like Bosh, Bargnani etc need more out of a head coach than just 'I thought we played well, we missed some defensive assignments, we weren't hitting shats'. On another note, the Princeton offense he's known for is tailor-made for a team with a strong post presence, great shooters, and someone capable of getting to the basket. Hi there. If they all bought in, players like Bosh, Calderon, Bargnani, Moon, Kapono could thrive in that kind of regulated system-oriented offense. Imagine, having an actual plan on offense night in and night out.

As for Avery Johnson, he's been terribly overrated as a coach. He's coached a single team, a championship contending team which was handed to him his rookie head coaching year so that Don Nelson could take a nap, and after year one somehow allowed it to slight right backward from there.

Actually, the Princeton requires a lot of ball handling out there on the perimeter. With the personnel the Raptors have, I'm not sure their wings could handle that. However, I think Jordan is a fine coach.

Agree on Avery Johnson as well. Offense consisted of isolations and he had great defenders on that team already (gets too much credit for that aspect).

Still wondering whether Flip Saunders is available. Silas is intriguing.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

edit: nevermind. see someone already posted about flip
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #22
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Silas would be an interesting choice. I am not sure why this guy hasnt gotten a job in the NBA already.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:07 AM   #23
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Actually, the Princeton requires a lot of ball handling out there on the perimeter. With the personnel the Raptors have, I'm not sure their wings could handle that. However, I think Jordan is a fine coach.

It's really more passing than handling the ball, and running it through Bosh you could theoretically have guys like Parker, Moon and even Graham cutting to the basket without the ball - but that's assuming they made a concerted effort to do so, which would be asking a lot after years of this team jacking up long jumpers. It's easy enough to talk about Bosh/JO creating open shots for the perimeter guys, but when you're actually running a system based on that, it'll happen a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, this is all just me thinking best case scenario. I doubt Mitchell is going anywhere unless the team really starts to tank.

Flip would peak my interest too.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #24
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

We need a playoff tested coach. Van Gundy, Byron Scott or Rick Adelman type. I think all these guys would be good here but will MLSE dole out the money to get a top tier coach? I hope they do this team needs to take the next step...and that does not include Smitch IMO
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: