Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation
Default Marbury For Nash

There's alot of speculation that Nash might sign with the Knicks! I been saying this for sometime since Mike A'ntoni left to the Knicks! I won't be surprised if, they went after Amare too. I really think the Suns should maybe trade Nash for a Marbury? Marbury contract will be off the books and the Suns would have money go after one of those elite free agents. I think they should trade Nash now then the middle of the season. It would give Marbury sometime to get the plays down and I think he would play great here again! He did have a career season with us when he was with us. Minus well get something for him now while his value is up then nothing.
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
KnicksFan11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KnicksFan11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marbury For Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo84
There's alot of speculation that Nash might sign with the Knicks! I been saying this for sometime since Mike A'ntoni left to the Knicks! I won't be surprised if, they went after Amare too. I really think the Suns should maybe trade Nash for a Marbury? Marbury contract will be off the books and the Suns would have money go after one of those elite free agents. I think they should trade Nash now then the middle of the season. It would give Marbury sometime to get the plays down and I think he would play great here again! He did have a career season with us when he was with us. Minus well get something for him now while his value is up then nothing.

I kinda thought the same thing too. Steve Nash is very likely to join the Knicks after his contract expires, Which i think is in 2010, and Marbury expires this year. But who's gonna play good as a point guard? Not Marbury.. Suns are better of letting Nash contract expires.. *IMO*
KnicksFan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 AM   #3
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Interesting, but still not happening. It wouldn't be a huge set back to get Marbury for Nash overall, but the pick and roll with Amare would not be the same, which is key. Also Nash is better playmaker but non factor i D. I think it's still better to keep Nash. And doens't Shaq create cap space also in 2010? No matter what, I hope the drama with Steph ends soon and he can play again.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

If Nash was going to sign, I'd see it being with Toronto. There was an interview about that somewhere.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Give us Duhon too and this makes us better now and in the future.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation

How about NO
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #7
barkleynash
High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius07
How about NO

+1
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius07
How about NO

I GUESS YOU LIKE THE WAY THE SUNS ARE LOOKING IN THE FUTURE WITH THE POSSIBLITY THAT NASH IS GOING TO BOUNCE! MINUS WELL GET SOMETHING FOR HIM NOW SO, WE CAN HAVE A BETTER FUTURE.
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
barkleynash
High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

Maybe getting Marbury isn't a horrible idea....... if and only if they wait for the knicks to buy him out and they sign him for the vet minimum. If he can still contribute then sweet, if he's officially washed up then cut his ass.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I GUESS YOU LIKE THE WAY THE SUNS ARE LOOKING IN THE FUTURE WITH THE POSSIBLITY THAT NASH IS GOING TO BOUNCE! MINUS WELL GET SOMETHING FOR HIM NOW SO, WE CAN HAVE A BETTER FUTURE.

Well, the fact is the Suns will not stay contenders forever. This year is pretty much our last year to contend, and I hope Kerr realises that next year is rebuilding time and doesnt try to just work with what we have.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:50 AM   #11
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

No way, Suns is my 2nd favorite team, but, Starbury can bring there ego,rep,morale down. . he's just gonna bring this team down, He isnt that good,IMO. I would trade nash for Shawn Marion. And let Barbosa be Point Guard. That would work
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:17 AM   #12
WonkeyDonkey
live n die by the 3's.

WonkeyDonkey has an OK reputation so far

i rather have hill as my point than barbosa.
WonkeyDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #13
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do not want Marbury in a Suns Uni at the expensese of giving up Nash. I also know that Barbosa as a starting PG is season suicide too, if there is going to be a trade why not send him to the Clippers for BDavis? There is definately better options out there for Nash then Marbury and Duhon. Also I am pretty sure I read somewhere that said Nash would like to end his days playing in Toronto if not in a Suns uni.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
23airjordan23
Nash 4 MVP

23airjordan23 has decent reputation

Nash for Duhon and someone else
23airjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:43 AM   #15
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo84
First of all nash for marbury straight up woulden't work salry cap wise.... second of all if Nash leaves ill respect his desision and take the 13 mil he takes behind in cap room gladly. I would take marbury as a backup anyday, but to trade away the cornerstone of this team for the last 4 years bacause of a "possibility" that NAsh is leaving is truly retarded. And do you honestly believe that Amare will stay in two years if we trade nash and totally tank our next two seasons??
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: