Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #16
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: Joey Graham

I was listening to 'Drive This" on the score and they summed it up perfectly....

" ...and Joey Graham had his 4th annual good game."
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN

" ...and Joey Graham had his 4th annual good game."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Drive This is a solid program.

We really shouldn't even be talking about this. It happens annually, as they say; he plays a good game and everyone goes nuts, and then it's back to good ol Joey. I'll be somewhat excited if he plays 4-5 games like that.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #19
baller1523
Can barely lace up my sneakers

baller1523 has an OK reputation so far

Just a question......Dont we have a D-League team that we can play guys like Solomon, Roko, Graham, Adams, Jawai in?
baller1523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #20
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think the rules are that the play being assigned to the D-League has to have less than 3 years experiance professionally, so only Jawai would qualify (maybe Adams I can't remember his draft year.. I think it was 2005).
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #21
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

Many of you mentionned it but Espn's John Hollinger sums it up best:

"The Raptors drafted Graham three years ago hoping his basketball IQ would catch up with his athleticism, but it's becoming increasingly apparent that such a day will never come. He's a great athlete and a smart, well-behaved guy ... who nonetheless is saddled with terrible basketball instincts that are submarining his career."

Unfortunatly for the Raptor's organisation and use fans, he will never live up to his potential and become the beast that he should be at small forward.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #22
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

would yu guys get off his back, I mean so yeah his basketball iq isn't the greatest, but the guys working his *** off this year and in the last three games he's been our 2nd best wing
hpfully I havent jinxed him and he keeps playing like he's been lately
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:15 AM   #23
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassano
would yu guys get off his back, I mean so yeah his basketball iq isn't the greatest, but the guys working his *** off this year and in the last three games he's been our 2nd best wing
hpfully I havent jinxed him and he keeps playing like he's been lately

2nd best wing on one of the league's worst 2/3 combo, Congrats Joey! With his physical attributes, Graham should be a starter and the second scoring option we all pray for before falling asleep at night, but instead we're stuck with a "hard working" incompetant player. His potential and physical skills got him through college and into the NBA, but his inability to make good decisions and put himself in the best position on offense or defense finally caught-up to him.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #24
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketWs

2nd best wing on one of the league's worst 2/3 combo, Congrats Joey! With his physical attributes, Graham should be a starter and the second scoring option we all pray for before falling asleep at night, but instead we're stuck with a "hard working" incompetant player. His potential and physical skills got him through college and into the NBA, but his inability to make good decisions and put himself in the best position on offense or defense finally caught-up to him.

exactly, this isnt new, we've known this for a while now
so basically anything we get out of Joey is a bonus
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I don't think the Raptors have much of a problem with Joey's scoring , it's his (like others have said) basketball IQ that keeps him off the floor. His inability to find the right spots on the floor and lack of defensive intelligence is what really hurts him IMO.

With that body he should be destroying other SF's, instead he bails them out with dumb fouls or positioning. If Joey Graham could learn to play more intelligent you would see him a lot more.

more PT = increased basketball IQ

you need to be on the floor consistently to learn the game at the professional level.. joey was robbed of this portion of his development..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #26
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
you need to be on the floor consistently to learn the game at the professional level.. joey was robbed of this portion of his development..

You'd think that. However it has been 3+ years and Joey still has not figured out that putting a forearm into a defender's throat is an offensive foul. Trying to take a charge inside the circle (Bynum alley oop). Switching off while defending without communicating (hangs his teammate out to dry)

No amount of minutes can cure the inherent basketball idiocy that Joey Graham brings with him on the court. Besides if anyone has given him chances to prove himself, it was Sam Mitchell (for better or worse).
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #27
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

If we're going to run more, it should definitely play into one of Joey's biggest strengths. He probably stands to gain the most from Sam's release. I really think he got into Joey's psyche in a negative way and he became to fearful of allways being centered out if he made a mistake. It's a tough game to play if your allways too tight. He needs to relax and gain some confidence and trust from his coach. Play through some mistakes. Play more with members of the first unit on the floor and not allways with 4 other backups. It's time to actually try to develop Joey's game and than if he fails, what you decide to do with him after that will be an easy decision.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #28
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Nice game by Joey against Utah, showed some real athletism on several of his plays. Let's hope Sam was the problem as far as Joey goes because he's definitely making himself relevant again based on the last few games. Couldn't come at a better time that's for sure. Go Joey go!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #29
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Graham had the best stretch of his career under Sam Mitchell. He's just an inconsistent player.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #30
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

I hope Joey gets more time under Triano.

He's been playing pretty good these past few games, and since Triano is talking about a more up tempo offence....I think Joey would be a perfect fit for it.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: