Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb KG sweepstakes :)

hey guys i was just thinking to ma self and i was like ...every one wants in on this "KG deal" so i was thinking right... beside the knicks we are the only team that could offer a great deal in getting kg...the thing is who would u guys want to give up n order of getting kg..... is any one "off limit" persay???
my thing is if we would want to get him the deal would have to be even sweeter than what isiah and the knicks could offer with their "Fifa USA basketball" squad....
.................................................. ............................................
i'm thinking something along the lines of;
SAR,garcia,kenny,"big nasty"williamson,potapenko, salmons 2 future 1st round picks and maybe some cash

for;
kg hudson madson n maybe hassel

i dnt kno if the salaries match up and i jus was throwing in some names. but i would really like to hear you guys feed back and what you think is a good package for the almighty "KG"

*dnt get get on my case now guys please i just was thinkin bout some stuff*
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

the Kings do not have money to offer KG without going over the luxury tax. and wtf...Kings lose too much in this deal...SAR, our future in francisco...salmons who we just signed, kenny...2 1st round pics..c'mon now. I know KG would be great I just don't see it happening. I think petrie will hold those expiring contracts for next year's free agency, which will be a whole lot better than this year's.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:05 AM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
the Kings do not have money to offer KG without going over the luxury tax. and wtf...Kings lose too much in this deal...SAR, our future in francisco...salmons who we just signed, kenny...2 1st round pics..c'mon now. I know KG would be great I just don't see it happening. I think petrie will hold those expiring contracts for next year's free agency, which will be a whole lot better than this year's.

When you make a trade the incoming salary and outcoming salary have to be nearly equal... It wouldn't push the kings over the tax.

Minny isn't giving up a first ballot hall of famer for SAR, a bad contract(Kenny), a few expirings, a random 6th man(Salmons), and 2 low first rounders. We'd need to give em Bibby atleast, and IMO if we did we'd still be a contender with Salmons/Martin/Artest/Garnett/Miller as the starting line up.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:13 AM   #4
Targus™
Good college starter

yeah thats true, but why would the Wolves want Bibby if they just got Mike James? they'd probably ask for something else...
Old 09-15-2006, 02:31 AM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
yeah thats true, but why would the Wolves want Bibby if they just got Mike James? they'd probably ask for something else...

Because Mike James becomes trade bait/6th man if you have a PG as good as Bibby.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:

it really looks like u dnt like to read ppls post good bro take your time and read....like i said i was jus throwing out some names jus to make a thread.... what i really wanted was to hear u guys opinion thats all.......

and bradmiller i agree bro... we could send bibby n that package and let salmons develop ..... i mean he could be way better than bibby ever was for the kings if givin a chance.... he plays better d' is just as good of a shooter than him.....i like that line up bro honestly......

but just imagine if minny jus made it clear that they only want to work with sac....and they want the perfect deal and they show major intrest in bonzi..... would u want to go into the lux tax to get KG.... so maybe we would get to keep bibby or jus send bibby and bonzi..... for KG, madson and hudson ??? what do u think???
Old 09-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far
Default Keep Dreaming--No KG in Sac

It's always fun to fantasize and speculate about getting a superstar. KG's contract is $67Mil. for the next three years. That would be equal to one third of the money the Kings would spend on player salaries. (He will probably want even more than that when he opts out after this season.) Garnett is more than likely going to end up in New York. Only teams in large market areas or teams with billionaire owners who are willing to pay the luxury tax can afford players like Garnett.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
It's always fun to fantasize and speculate about getting a superstar. KG's contract is $67Mil. for the next three years. That would be equal to one third of the money the Kings would spend on player salaries. (He will probably want even more than that when he opts out after this season.) Garnett is more than likely going to end up in New York. Only teams in large market areas or teams with billionaire owners who are willing to pay the luxury tax can afford players like Garnett.

KG's salary is similar to C-Webb's when we traded him. It's a bit more but it wouldn't push us over the tax and with a line up of Salmons/Martin/Artest/Garnett/Miller you're a definite contender. Who cares if he makes a lot of money, he probably won't want more when his contract is up(he'll be 32 and he'd be able to slash salary and that could make the team even better).
Old 09-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

^ i agree brad.... plus i'm sure he would want to play with artest way more than he would want to play with "the best point guard in the league" :rollingeyes: strawberry
Old 09-15-2006, 06:37 PM   #10
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far
Default Garnett won't Come Cheap

[quote=BradMiller52]KG's salary is similar to C-Webb's when we traded him. It's a bit more but it wouldn't push us over the tax and with a line up of Salmons/Martin/Artest/Garnett/Miller you're a definite contender. Who cares if he makes a lot of money, he probably won't want more when his contract is up(he'll be 32 and he'd be able to slash salary and that could make the team even better).[/QUOTE

Both Martin and Artest will be able to opt out after next season ('08 - '09). Martin will be looking for around $6 Mil and Artest will want around $l3 Mil. Jusr for the starting five you would have: Artest ($13 Mil.), Miller ($12 Mil), Salmons )$5 Mil.), Martin ($6 Mil.), and Garnett ((24 Mil.) That would total $60 Million (('08 - '09) and money would needed for the other ten players.

Yes, we could squeeze by for a couple of years but there would be a day of reckoning. Also, I don't feel good about parting with Mike B. I've never seen Salmons play. What I have heard more than a few time is that he sucks. I hope it's not so.

I continue to believe that a superstar like Garnet will end with a team like the Knicks who can afford to pay the luxury tax.

But hey, Brad Miller52, if you and Geoff P. can devise a plan which will work, GO FOR IT!
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
Targus™
Good college starter

call me crazy but I don't really know If i'd want to give up mike bibby and somebody else for KG..
Old 09-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #12
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

fan_since_85 has an OK reputation so far

The only way I would take KG is if we kept Bibby and Artest. Otherwise what's the point?
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #13
Targus™
Good college starter

exactly^....but then who else do we have to give that the T-Wolves want?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #14
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

fan_since_85 has an OK reputation so far

I don't see it happening. But what if they sign and traded Bonzi with the trade package to even out the salaries? Kg, Artest, and Bibby.....NICE! I still don't see it happening though.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #15
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

i agree^ bro.... that would be the best trio in the history of the nba....imo
but how ever i think we would have to unload atleast brad miller and SAR if that is going to happen or brad kenny and SAR ....for a trade like this we (i hate my self for saying this) but! would have to send bibby packing. i guess u could say its a win win situation cuz u have a trio of bibby artest and KG.... or a trio of brad KG and artest......

KG posts up he's doubled team he kicks out to brad for a three or a 20 footer how ever the ball bounces having KG for who ever we send packing would/will be great imo..... once he and artest are on the same team........ i smell 5 peet
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: