Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Default The Bulls ARE interested in Kaman

On the ISH rumors page, it claims the Bulls are monitoring the Chris Kaman situation, and are still interested in aquiring him.

The Clippers want to see how things works with the recent trades they pulled before they let Kaman go.

This is really good news because it shows the Bulls organization is actually interested in giving us a winning team before 2010.

Let's hope the Clippers keep bombing(Sorry Clips fans). Kaman would sure up our front court, providing much needed offense in the paint and rebounding.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: The Bulls ARE interested in Kaman

I have 3 true intentioned questions here. They might sound negative, but its the truth.

1. What exactly is a realistic trade for Kaman? What can they offer that seems reasonable?

2. With Kaman's talent, and the Bulls' lack of consistent perimiter shooting, how well of a fit do you think Kaman is?

3. Depending on what they trade, how can they still make the team better in 2010?

I still think they should move Hinrich now, go after Boozer in 2009, then bring in a high compliment SG in 2010. Mike Miller comes to mind, cheap and fairly young. A core of Rose, Miller, Deng, Boozer & ??? is a solid second round or better playoff team for the next 4 years.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I have 3 true intentioned questions here. They might sound negative, but its the truth.

1. What exactly is a realistic trade for Kaman? What can they offer that seems reasonable?

The ideal trade in my opinion would involve Nocioni with filler. Maybe Nocioni+Joakim, Sefolosha, or Tyrus?

Quote:
2. With Kaman's talent, and the Bulls' lack of consistent perimiter shooting, how well of a fit do you think Kaman is?

It's a fact that without an inside game, the shooters are going to suffer the most. That is what's going on with the Bulls. There's no inside threat, and teams can focus on shutting down the perimeter scoring. With Kaman, he'd give this team the inside option to relieve the pressure on the shooters

Quote:
3. Depending on what they trade, how can they still make the team better in 2010?

It really does depend on what they'd trade. I'd say get rid of anything but Derrick Rose or Luol Deng(in his case, it depends on the offer). We can pretty much conclude that the management will not let go of Deng anytime soon. If Nocioni is traded for Kaman, that'd be the best case scenario since we'd be trading a 5 year contract for a four year contract. We'd be in the same situation as before the hypothetical trade. Gooden, Gordon and Larry Hughes are all off the books by 2010. There would be enough cap space to afford a superstar in the 2010 free agency.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

The ideal trade for me would be Deng as the primary piece and then the necessary filler. Nocioni is playing too well right now with Rose for me to give him up. However, the Bulls need a competent big and sometimes tough choices must be made.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 11-29-2008 at 04:48 AM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
ProdigyI
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
The ideal trade for me would be Deng as the primary piece and then the necessary filler. Nocioni is playing so well right now with Rose for me to give him up. However, the Bulls need a competent big and sometimes tough choices must be made.

I just signed up....does anyone know why I can't start a thread?
ProdigyI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
The ideal trade for me would be Deng as the primary piece and then the necessary filler. Nocioni is playing so well right now with Rose for me to give him up. However, the Bulls need a competent big and sometimes tough choices must be made.

The trade wouldn't match for Deng, unless the Clippers gave us Kaman plus someone else, it wouldn't work finantially.

I love Noc too, but he'd be the best trading piece at this time if the Bulls wanted to still be in the mix for 2010. There must be cap space for 2010, and a solid big in place to make the team more attractive. Like everyone says, the window to championships may be blocked for a long time after this lavish free agency.

I'm not saying get rid of Nocioni for just anyone, but for this particular trade, if possible. Deng at his worst still provides more than Nocioni anyways. Noc just has a lot of heart and vigor, that always makes someone a fan favorite. As it should.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
The ideal trade in my opinion would involve Nocioni with filler. Maybe Nocioni+Joakim, Sefolosha, or Tyrus?
I know you want the best for the Bulls and all... but I said realistic, not ideal. Kaman starts on 75% of the teams in the NBA, I have a hard time thinking up 5 teams Nocioni could start on. They wouldn't trade a starter for a bench player (no... Noc won't start over Thornton).

Quote:
It's a fact that without an inside game, the shooters are going to suffer the most. That is what's going on with the Bulls. There's no inside threat, and teams can focus on shutting down the perimeter scoring. With Kaman, he'd give this team the inside option to relieve the pressure on the shooters
Okay, reasonable.

Quote:
It really does depend on what they'd trade. I'd say get rid of anything but Derrick Rose or Luol Deng(in his case, it depends on the offer). We can pretty much conclude that the management will not let go of Deng anytime soon. If Nocioni is traded for Kaman, that'd be the best case scenario since we'd be trading a 5 year contract for a four year contract. We'd be in the same situation as before the hypothetical trade. Gooden, Gordon and Larry Hughes are all off the books by 2010. There would be enough cap space to afford a superstar in the 2010 free agency.
Actually they'd be worse off. Nocioni has a negatively scaled contract, Kaman has a positively scaled contract. In 2010 Kaman would be making $11.3M while Nocioni would only be making $6.5M. So it does decrease the chances of getting a star in 2010.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
I know you want the best for the Bulls and all... but I said realistic, not ideal. Kaman starts on 75% of the teams in the NBA, I have a hard time thinking up 5 teams Nocioni could start on. They wouldn't trade a starter for a bench player (no... Noc won't start over Thornton).

No, you said what trade seems realistic that's reasonable. That would be the realistic and reasonable trade that the Bulls can offer, and really the only thing they can offer in a trade for Kaman at this time. Noc is held in high regard by LOTS of GMs. He can be a game changer, especially in a new system. Like I said, it couldn't be done straight up for Noc. It'd have to involve other pieces. I'm no expert, just giving my thoughts. There has been way more lopsided trades in NBA history.

Quote:
Actually they'd be worse off. Nocioni has a negatively scaled contract, Kaman has a positively scaled contract. In 2010 Kaman would be making $11.3M while Nocioni would only be making $6.5M. So it does decrease the chances of getting a star in 2010.

With Hughes, Gordon, and Gooden all gone by 2010 and let's just say Tyrus's contracts was gone too, we'd still have cap space to sign a max contract while already having a really solid team.

If Chicago thought they had no chance at aquiring Kaman, then trust me, the situation would not be monitored. They're waiting for him to go back on the block because there's a chance the Bulls have something the Clippers want. I could be way wrong on who would be included, but obviously an offer will be made by management IF he becomes available. Whether the Clippers turn it down or accept, the odds are against us, but at least Pax is showing true interest in winning.

Last edited by Undisputed : 11-28-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
With Hughes, Gordon, and Gooden all gone by 2010 and let's just say Tyrus's contracts was gone too, we'd still have cap space to sign a max contract while already having a really solid team.

I'm not going to go over this again... but long story short... probably not. With the salary cap trends and the maximum contract trends, especially after making this type of trade, the superstar will have to take a less than maximum contract. Otherwise they'll have 6-7 players under contract and already be over the cap.

They'd have to fill the bench with minimum level veterans and rookie contracts.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #10
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
I'm not going to go over this again... but long story short... probably not. With the salary cap trends and the maximum contract trends, especially after making this type of trade, the superstar will have to take a less than maximum contract. Otherwise they'll have 6-7 players under contract and already be over the cap.

They'd have to fill the bench with minimum level veterans and rookie contracts.

Something can be done to make it happen. The Bulls management thinks so also, obviously. Like I said, there wouldn't be any interest in trying to aquire Kaman if it would jeoperdize the chances for signing someone in 2010. Why do you think the management almost immediately put the Zach Randolph rumors to rest?

There's still two years until 2010, and this team can get better through trades and still be able to sign a max contract with all the expirers we have. If we can get Kaman, they better bite. It's not easy to find a solid big man, and it won't be easy to sign one in 2010. Our best bet is to focus on trying to get a solid big man, and sign a 20ppg SG in 2010.

Last edited by Undisputed : 11-29-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:03 AM   #11
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

If it came down to trading Nocioni or Deng I'd trade Nocioni. I like Nocioni a lot but I'd still rather take a healthy Luol Deng. But I love that idea of Nocioni & Noah or especially Kirk Hinrich & Noah.

Imagine that...

Starting lineup:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Chris Kaman

Bench:

PG: Lindsay Hunter
SG: Larry Hughes/Sefolosha
SF: Andres Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas
PF: Aaron Gray
C: Noah

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 11-29-2008 at 02:05 AM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:35 AM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Sorry if I don't see it like you guys... but the reason they'd be trading Kaman would be to either sure up their SG (depending on if E. Gordon's play falls off), or just to plain clear cap to bring in a superstar.

The thing most people don't realize with all these Kaman rumors, is they don't have to trade him if they don't want to. Its not like this is some situation where if they don't move him now, they are going to hit luxury tax. I mean, they are only ~100k over the cap, one of the lowest teams in the league. They are in no rush to trade for garbage IMO.

Everyone can dream, but you sitting back thinking Nocioni/Hinrich for Kaman sounds reasonable, is like me as a Heat fan sitting back thinking Haslem for Kaman sounds reasonable. Feel free to post the Nocioni/Kaman trade idea in the main forum and see how many people clown the idea.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #13
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Sorry if I don't see it like you guys... but the reason they'd be trading Kaman would be to either sure up their SG (depending on if E. Gordon's play falls off), or just to plain clear cap to bring in a superstar.

The thing most people don't realize with all these Kaman rumors, is they don't have to trade him if they don't want to. Its not like this is some situation where if they don't move him now, they are going to hit luxury tax. I mean, they are only ~100k over the cap, one of the lowest teams in the league. They are in no rush to trade for garbage IMO.

No one here said Kaman had to be traded. I stated in the thread post that the Clippers were going to see how things worked with their new group. Which I think they've found the answer suring up the 4 spot with Randolph. If things keep going bad for them, we'll see. It's no sure thing. I never said it, no one in the thread has said something that idiotic. Even if he does become avaliable, the Bulls have about a 25% chance at best of landing that trade. There are many other teams that could offer better for Kaman, but it could happen.

Nocioni isn't as garbage as you think. He's just off to a slow start. He's not the player that you can judge by stats only. He'd be appealing in a package trade.

No Kaman trade, so be it.

Quote:
Everyone can dream, but you sitting back thinking Nocioni/Hinrich for Kaman sounds reasonable, is like me as a Heat fan sitting back thinking Haslem for Kaman sounds reasonable. Feel free to post the Nocioni/Kaman trade idea in the main forum and see how many people clown the idea.

Of course a lot of people will bash it on the main forum, that's why there's individual forums so fans can discuss amounst themselves.

Funny, I bet you would've said the Bulls had not even a dream of grabbing the #1 pick over the Heat. I bet you and everyone else would've "clowned" that idea. One percent to twenty-five percent? Never! Right?

As long as the Kaman rumors are in limbo and the Bulls have expressed interest, it's going into discussion. Don't like it? Feel free to take yourself back to the Heat forum where you belong.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: