Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 09-15-2006, 05:02 AM   #1
Adrian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Will Powell be released???

hi to everybody! i'm an italian guy and i'd like to know if Josh Powell will be released as it seems based on the rumors i heard...
I't so important for me knowing this information beacause Powell has a pre-contract with the team of my heart: NAPLES!
Powell will complete our roster which compete in the italian league and in the european league...

thank you all
bye
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

it seems indy still needs some size b4 they start cutting players. assuming they cut one or two of the remaining lower tiered guards(marshall,greene, or hunter) that would leave edwards, baston, and powell.

baston had previously played for the raptors and played very well overseas. edwards supposedly outplayed andrew bogut(i think) in last year's summer league and impressed the atlanta hawks enough to sign him to a 2 year deal. powell on the other hand, played limited minutes for dallas and had probably played a bit of development league ball. based on these facts, i would say that powell looks to get cut, leaving baston and edwards to duke it out for the remaining spot.

but who knows, i'm not an nba analyst so all that i just typed could be a bunch of crap.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
it seems indy still needs some size b4 they start cutting players. assuming they cut one or two of the remaining lower tiered guards(marshall,greene, or hunter) that would leave edwards, baston, and powell.

baston had previously played for the raptors and played very well overseas. edwards supposedly outplayed andrew bogut(i think) in last year's summer league and impressed the atlanta hawks enough to sign him to a 2 year deal. powell on the other hand, played limited minutes for dallas and had probably played a bit of development league ball. based on these facts, i would say that powell looks to get cut, leaving baston and edwards to duke it out for the remaining spot.

but who knows, i'm not an nba analyst so all that i just typed could be a bunch of crap.

how many probabilities he has to be cutted???and when it's will be official? i say this 'cause our g.m. says that we're gonna wait untill this monday then we will exclude his arrival...
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Roy M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
hi to everybody! i'm an italian guy and i'd like to know if Josh Powell will be released as it seems based on the rumors i heard...
I't so important for me knowing this information beacause Powell has a pre-contract with the team of my heart: NAPLES!
Powell will complete our roster which compete in the italian league and in the european league...

thank you all
bye

Sorry that I'm cutting your celebrations, but Powel had agreed terms with Maccabi, if he will be release from Indiana. Napoli GM had denied any conecction with Powel.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M
Sorry that I'm cutting your celebrations, but Powel had agreed terms with Maccabi, if he will be release from Indiana. Napoli GM had denied any conecction with Powel.

ouch. maybe powell won't be going to italy afterall.

anyway, i'm betting the cuts will happen after the preseason?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #6
Roy M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
ouch. maybe powell won't be going to italy afterall.

anyway, i'm betting the cuts will happen after the preseason?

Powell can be cut till 2nd of October due to his contract.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Well, I dunno I still think the Pacers could make one more trade to finish things up on the roster. So their are still several possibilities out there for Mr. Josh Powell. The two forwards Rawllee (spell check) Marshall and Josh Powell, are two very nice young players that have some nice potential.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
Well, I dunno I still think the Pacers could make one more trade to finish things up on the roster. So their are still several possibilities out there for Mr. Josh Powell. The two forwards Rawllee (spell check) Marshall and Josh Powell, are two very nice young players that have some nice potential.

yeah, don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind seein' the kid on our team. i just think it might be a long shot, that's all.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:13 AM   #9
ritchmaq
I airball my layups

Default powell

i like powell's game more than edward's, baston's or other bench guys left in the team. he's young but he had little experience in dallas and i think he's very fit for the new uptempo offense for the team. KEEP POWELL!!!!
ritchmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchmaq
i like powell's game more than edward's, baston's or other bench guys left in the team. he's young but he had little experience in dallas and i think he's very fit for the new uptempo offense for the team. KEEP POWELL!!!!

i agree that powell is better than edwards. i watched edwards play and he doesn't seem to have nba caliber skills. whenever he went for a block it just seemed so half-hearted. he even had the look on his face like he really wasn't into the game. i was so surprised when atl signed him to a 2 yr deal.

i can't say anything about baston, cause i never seen him play.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Maceo Baston had a small stint with Toronto in 03-04. He then went to Maccabi Tel-Aviv, and teamed up with Jasikevicius to win Euroleague titles. He is a nice defensive player, who can block shots, get rebs, and run the floor real well. Kind of in the mold of Jeff Foster, only Jeff is a better rebounder, and Maceo is a better shot blocker. He should be a nice energy player to bring off the bench. I look forward to seeing him play.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
Maceo Baston had a small stint with Toronto in 03-04. He then went to Maccabi Tel-Aviv, and teamed up with Jasikevicius to win Euroleague titles. He is a nice defensive player, who can block shots, get rebs, and run the floor real well. Kind of in the mold of Jeff Foster, only Jeff is a better rebounder, and Maceo is a better shot blocker. He should be a nice energy player to bring off the bench. I look forward to seeing him play.

well if that's true, then i'm looking forward too. maybe it'll come down to baston and powell? i can't wait to see some preseason action...live.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #13
PFB

Quote:
Napoli GM had denied any conecction with Powel.
And I deny what you are saying.
PFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #14
Roy M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFB
And I deny what you are saying.

Read my lips: If Powel will releace from Indiana, he will play in Maccabi.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Read my lips: If Powel will releace from Indiana, he will play in Maccabi.

i don't know where he'll end up if he's cut, but his current teammate, sarunas, did play there so...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: