Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 09-25-2006, 03:49 PM   #31
Block_Party
I brick open layups

Block_Party has an OK reputation so far

I'm a Pacers fan (I was born in IN) and a Mavs fan (lived in Dallas for a few years) and I saw Powell play in Dallas's summer league last year and he can play. He's strong and quick. His baskeyball IQ is low as the day is long and often misses cuts, misreads passing lanes and misses open shots but he hustles like it's going out of style and is a tenacious rebounder. Under a good coach he might become a 8-7-1 guy who plays nail down D on the other team's 3 or 4. I hope Indiana hangs onto him, but with Harrington, Daniels, Granger, and Jermaine they might not.
Block_Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #32
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block_Party
I'm a Pacers fan (I was born in IN) and a Mavs fan (lived in Dallas for a few years) and I saw Powell play in Dallas's summer league last year and he can play. He's strong and quick. His baskeyball IQ is low as the day is long and often misses cuts, misreads passing lanes and misses open shots but he hustles like it's going out of style and is a tenacious rebounder. Under a good coach he might become a 8-7-1 guy who plays nail down D on the other team's 3 or 4. I hope Indiana hangs onto him, but with Harrington, Daniels, Granger, and Jermaine they might not.

nice post and very informative. maybe powell has a chance afterall.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 AM   #33
HENRY VIII
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HENRY VIII has an OK reputation so far

Powell won't continue in our team.i think that he will be released during this week or next week,he is a very talented lad but we just don't need him,its better for him to go to a place that he can be a roll player cos here he doesn't have a chance.
i heard today that the Staff praised him but he won't be in the roster for next season
HENRY VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:24 AM   #34
Roy M

Roy M has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENRY VIII
Powell won't continue in our team.i think that he will be released during this week or next week,he is a very talented lad but we just don't need him,its better for him to go to a place that he can be a roll player cos here he doesn't have a chance.
i heard today that the Staff praised him but he won't be in the roster for next season

As I understood, Powel has a temporery contract till 2nd October.
Does Indiana must decide till Monday about him?
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #35
HENRY VIII

He has a contract that says that the Pacers can release him during the training camp.don't know if its 2nd of october but they are going to release him maybe this weekend.
Not that he didn't impress,he did,but the Pacers just don't need him so they will release him.i guess tomorrow of saturday
Old 09-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #36
HENRY VIII

According to WNDE Radio station,Josh Powell will be released during the weekend.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #37
Roy M

Quote:
According to WNDE Radio station,Josh Powell will be released during the weekend.

They (WNDE) have any link?
Old 09-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #38
HENRY VIII

They have website

http://www.wnde.com/main.html
Old 09-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #39
Roy M

Quote:

TNX.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #40
hoopsjnkie

hoopsjnkie has an OK reputation so far

Information regarding Josh Powell being released is not correct..he has not been released and this will further be proved with his involvement with media day today where he will be in attendance...i don't know about this am radio station report..but that information is false...there is strong interest in Maccabi and Napoli but they must wait to see if he makes the team first...both are great teams but unfortunately they will have to wait until after camp to see if he will become available..hope he makes the Pacers...I am a BIG fan of his as well as all NC STATE players...
hoopsjnkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:11 AM   #41
Adrian

Adrian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsjnkie
Information regarding Josh Powell being released is not correct..he has not been released and this will further be proved with his involvement with media day today where he will be in attendance...i don't know about this am radio station report..but that information is false...there is strong interest in Maccabi and Napoli but they must wait to see if he makes the team first...both are great teams but unfortunately they will have to wait until after camp to see if he will become available..hope he makes the Pacers...I am a BIG fan of his as well as all NC STATE players...

"wait until after camp" means 31 october?
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #42
hoopsjnkie

hoopsjnkie has an OK reputation so far

this weekend means this weekend, which means that he was not released which means that he is currently still with the team..I did not say they were going to keep him, what I said was that he was not released this weekend as the person mentioned earlier...
hoopsjnkie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: