Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 12-02-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Houston Coments to cease operations

Hey look, a WNBA thread!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081202...usawomencomets

There'll be a draft before the next season to send their players to other teams.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Houston Coments to cease operations

WTF!

I was about to make this thread!

Pacers fans think alike.

But seriously, these guys won the first 4 WNBA championships.

Just further goes to show what a joke of a league it is.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

What does it say about the rest of the league when one of the original and flagship franchises goes out of business? We already known that the league itself is on shaky ground, and the NBA brother teams have already bailed out on their sister teams, leaving a lot of the franchises to non-NBA ownership.

The Rockets sold off the Comets sometime last year, and going by the fact that the Comets are shutting down means that obviously the new ownership lost a lot of money, and in this current ecomony, it's understandable why.

RIP Houston Comets (1997-2008)
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sigh....shutter the league now. The WNBA without The Comets is not the league that I grew up with. Cynthia Cooper was my grrrrl.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I just read about this a few hours ago. This is most def, some sad news. Like someone already posted. If the Comets, the OGs of the league, fold the WNBA is just not the same.

I am a big fan of the WNBA and I will watch and support it as much as I can. But man, this really hurts. The WNBA will not be the same without the Coments.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: