Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far
Default What do You Think About Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak ?

I Din't Know what Happen with Mitch Kupchak, The Movements and Selections of Rookies that Mitch has Done, since he come to L.A reflect the Lacking knowledge of what Lakers Need to Win. Seven Year - Seven Bad Changes and Bad Rookies.

Example: D.Goerge, B.Cook, S.Vujacic, A.McKie, B.Grant (This Guy Broke everythink) and for Last Bad Movement Shammond Williams, Etc, Etc. Shammond Williams not is a Point Guard that we Need.

Farmar is a Good Player but not is a Leader that We Need. Not is our Point Guard. I Think is a Good Bench Guard for this Moment. We need a Point Guard who Could have Immediate Impact and could cover the Offence without having to develop it.

For Last, to Who Does It Prove to select a Center to develop it (Andrw Bynum) and to become a Good Player in 10 years, after taking a Center as Shaquile O'neal in Our Team.

Thank's

ElebronD
Elebrond@yahoo.com
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is already a discussion on this topic somewhere in the archive that is less than a couple of months ago. Perhaps you could search for it and repost your message there?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
There is already a discussion on this topic somewhere in the archive that is less than a couple of months ago. Perhaps you could search for it and repost your message there?

Your right SoCalMike it was a topic that I titled Mitch Kupchak a GM? the day after I became an ISH member on 8/21 this was the topic that broke me onto this MB and I'm standing by what was initially commented. Surprisingly the responses that I recieved was that most people on this board tends to be satisfied with kupcake doing an ok job as our Lakers GM hmmm?

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-15-2006 at 04:20 PM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ok so the dude is questionable about mitch staying as the GM

It's pretty simple, the man has a plan that might not be adores so much by laker fans. He wants to make this a youth movement, which means keep the young guys, develop them, and in 2 years we might have ourselves a contending team for the finals.

Andrew Bynum I hear is making progress every day and hes even getting bigger, hes been looking very impressive on the summer league squads and a lot more active than last year on defense. Were expecting big things out of him in a few years. and Mitch was criticized for not taking risks...well here you go...this is a risk to watch out becuase so far mitch looks right

Jordan farmar is a player that led his team to the finals in college before losing to florida and he was said to have a lot of knowledge of the triangle offense and hes learning it much more quicker than everyone else...I believe the kid will be ready Post-allstar break.

Aaron Mckie was supposed to come here and be the locker room prescense for the team as our age average is barely ovr 25. He was supposed to bring defense to the team and phil wanted him badly because hes the type of gaurd we need for the triangle offense. But hes just too old now and u can't blame mitch for that.

Now Idk why Brian Cook and Sasha are being called busts here. sasha is going to be an unstoppable pure shooter and he plays great defense on all star gaurds and takes them out of their games at times too. Cook stretches the defense and takes a giant load of Kobe bryant and 8 ppg is a pretty good load considering he didnt average over 20 mpg.

So i think Mitch has a plan and as far as im concerence its working so far as planned. we will have a team full of talent through development and patience instead of making trades and spending big money.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Thumbs down

I miss jerry West, the only good Mitch has done is draft Bynum!! Other then that!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:07 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
I miss jerry West, the only good Mitch has done is draft Bynum!! Other then that!!!

Farmar? Luke? Dont they get any recognition?

What about the gamble on brown? i thought that payed off...hes gonna blow up
Old 09-16-2006, 01:50 AM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Yeah, Kwame, Bynum, and all the draft picks were all worth what, but all in all I want Jerry West. He knows how to negotiate and thinks 10 years later..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:57 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Well true if West and Kupcake were both available i'd hire West
Old 09-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #9
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well true if West and Kupcake were both available i'd hire West

I agree with this....

However, I will stand by my assertion that Kupcake is only a fair GM... he's not horrible, but I don't think he is capable of developing a championship team. Obviously, I could be wrong, but so far, my opinion is that the best he can do is assemble a playoff bound team.

As a realist, I dont see this current Laker squad going past the first round, *maybe* second round of the playoffs.

So, we can look at it two ways.... getting to the playoffs is not all that bad. There are many teams that hardly ever get to the playoffs, so that could be considered a good thing.

-OR-

I could say that we are the FREAKING LAKERS, and its our expectation to get to the finals and win CHAMPIONSHIPS!

So, let me rephrase the original thought and question:

"Is Kupcake capable of making the Lakers a championship team????"

There ya go, a whole new direction for this thread!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #10
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I agree with this....

However, I will stand by my assertion that Kupcake is only a fair GM... he's not horrible, but I don't think he is capable of developing a championship team. Obviously, I could be wrong, but so far, my opinion is that the best he can do is assemble a playoff bound team.

As a realist, I dont see this current Laker squad going past the first round, *maybe* second round of the playoffs.

So, we can look at it two ways.... getting to the playoffs is not all that bad. There are many teams that hardly ever get to the playoffs, so that could be considered a good thing.

-OR-

I could say that we are the FREAKING LAKERS, and its our expectation to get to the finals and win CHAMPIONSHIPS!

So, let me rephrase the original thought and question:

"Is Kupcake capable of making the Lakers a championship team????"

There ya go, a whole new direction for this thread!

Well, Mike, now you've done it...a whole new direction. I know you and I disagree over Mitch. I think he's better than people give him credit for. I believe the Buss' and Magic have lots of influence such that they have to take credit/blame. I like what they have done in drafting Bynum, their first high pick in a long time. I like that they signed VRad for the mid-level. There are no great trades to make...no one is trading a superstar...so we've done fine in that regard.

Answer: yes, mgmt can build a Championship, not because of Mitch or the Buss', but because it's the LA Lakers and good players what to be here.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Mitch gets blamed for things that are out of control. It wasn't his fault Shaq demanded a trade and forced the Lakers' hand.

I do believe that he should've asked for Eddie Jones instead of Brian Grant. He would've been a good role player for us and he would be on the roster. Brian Grant's knees were never dependable and Miami would've parted with Eddie.

I also had reservations about trading Caron Butler, but Kwame Brown started to pan out at the end of last season and if he continues to develop like I think he will, that trade will be okay.

Mitch did the best he could with late first round and second round picks. Brian Cook, Sasha Vujacic, and even Jordan Farmer are late first round picks. Luke Walton was a second round pick. Selected Andrew Bynum made sense. There are so few good seven foot centers in the league right now. If Bynum develops into a good player, then the Lakers will have an asset few teams actually possess.

I like the Shammond Williams signing. He brings scoring off the bench and he can shoot. VladRad is a shooter and he is much cheaper than Peja. Smush Parker was a really nice find. He should get props for that.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #12
SoCalMike

Ok, I will concede one point, and only one point.. (grinning)

Mitch does not have full control of the team. He has Phillip, Jimmy, Jeanie and Dad to deal with.... so yes, this must be a difficult situation. However, because of the way Kupcake is, it probably fits his personality to have others telling him or influencing decisions.

And, as for whether this is a championship team, I will continue to contend that they are far from even getting to the finals... however, this is a point that I would LOVE to be wrong about!

Old 09-16-2006, 02:44 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

To tell you the truth i agree with bleedinpurple, Traditionone i agree with totally.

I dont want him to leave. he justs has a plan that noone else is really feelin right now bcause he just want to win sooo bad even if it is going to cost us some financial problems in the future.

Well look at what we have, We probably have NBA's future center in andrew Bynum and we are going ot have a decent 10-15 point scorer in Ronny turiaf who loves hustling and playing defense more than anything.

Pretty much, mitch wants our lineup to look like this down the road

Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant
Jordan Farmar

He is hoping we have a youth movement. because we cant make good trade ideas with the roster we have, were either giving up too much or Ripping other teams off big time.

So mitch Kuptchak is thinkin, "hey, since noone is going to help us get talent, we will create talent on our own"

And so far it has been working
Old 09-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #14
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Farmar? Luke? Dont they get any recognition?

What about the gamble on brown? i thought that payed off...hes gonna blow up
You are right, but I just can't get that Brian Grant contract off my mind! And missing out on Artest. But I know will couldn't give up Odom, or Bynum.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #15
SoCalMike

I for one, have never said that we should get rid of Kupcake, despite how he frustrates me at times. Although, I hear Isiah may be looking soon... (grinning again)...

Yes, the Lakers team has a lot of potential... but it is important to take an impartial look at the talent the Lakers currently have. I think most would rate it as fair at best. I think the difference maker has and will be Phillip who can bring the most out of these guys. I just don't see a Championship team here. One more player... like Artest... that would have been awesome. I wish we could have got him without sacrificing Odom. It would have been an exciting team!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: