Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 AM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Default Should we let Gordon walk?

this is a tough call for me... he is our best scorer right now, but I also don't trust him to a 5 year deal... if he asked for market value i.e. 5 years, 9 million per then I say we keep him...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 AM   #2
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Default Re: Should we let Gordon walk?

Gordon is such a good player sometimes. If he could consistently play that aggressive on the defensive end, I'd say try to resign him to nothing more than 9mil a year. I highly doubt he'll accept unless he and Rose become ridiculous down the stretch. I prefer Gordon off the bench as opposed to starting. Larry Hughes seems to have his shot back, I want to see him start SG. His size is great on the defensive end. I'm really not sold on Gordon, because he plays on both ends one game out of five.

I really don't understand why the coaching was blamed for many of the loses, this coaching is excellent.

The Lindsey Hunter signing has turned out well. The guy still has it.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Sign and trade only if the right player comes along but if no one shows any interest in him and the Bulls do have a chance at getting a better player at the 2 then let him walk.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Sir Chuckalot needs to go...so does probably half the team I would say lol...I would like to see Deng given more opportunity, we paid him a big contract, we gotta make him earn it...Deng, Rose and marquee post player is what I would build around, need role players around them and there you have a championship calibre team...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Should we let Gordon walk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Sign and trade only if the right player comes along but if no one shows any interest in him and the Bulls do have a chance at getting a better player at the 2 then let him walk.

Why would another team want to do a sign and trade involving a UFA? They could just sign him outright and keep the rest of their players. The S&T was only an option this summer, and Gordon will get his contract from the Bulls or someone else based on the way he is playing this year.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
step_back
College superstar

Ben gordon won't sign with the bulls, If he did I would be amazed I expect him to pick up a contract with another team.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Ben gordon won't sign with the bulls, If he did I would be amazed I expect him to pick up a contract with another team.

He's in a better situation with the Bulls than he would be in if he signed a contract with most of the other teams in the NBA. Also, when he goes out into the market expecting $12 million or more, and nobody gives it to him, the $9 million or so that the Bulls are offering, in conjunction to being the leading scorer and playing 30+ minutes/game each night might entice him to stay. I won't be heartbroken if he leaves, but if his contract is reasonable I have no problem with keeping him around for 3-4 more years. We won't find someone to replace his offense this offseason, you can count on that.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

If they can get Boozer or another pick & roll post player then Gordon should be signed to the long term $10M/5yr they offered him before. Because with Boozer you can run a pick & roll with both Rose and Gordon.

If they somehow make a trade for a guy like Kaman, who doesn't really work so well with P&R, then it would be pretty pointless to sign him. Instead they'd need to go after more of a pure spot up 3pt shooter like Miller or Dunleavy Jr.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #9
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
He's in a better situation with the Bulls than he would be in if he signed a contract with most of the other teams in the NBA. Also, when he goes out into the market expecting $12 million or more, and nobody gives it to him, the $9 million or so that the Bulls are offering, in conjunction to being the leading scorer and playing 30+ minutes/game each night might entice him to stay. I won't be heartbroken if he leaves, but if his contract is reasonable I have no problem with keeping him around for 3-4 more years. We won't find someone to replace his offense this offseason, you can count on that.

He might be in a better situation but I don't expect to see him back here with the money he is asking for. IF he is signed to a new contract I expect him to change his game. He doesnt need to be a ball handler! leave that to Rose and his shot selection has got to improve. If he does go in the summer then I expect paxson to trade kirk for someone who can give us the same/better points contribution as a replacement/improvement.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
If they can get Boozer or another pick & roll post player then Gordon should be signed to the long term $10M/5yr they offered him before. Because with Boozer you can run a pick & roll with both Rose and Gordon.

When was the last time you saw Gordon run an effective pick and roll? I don't want him anywhere near that play.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #11
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
When was the last time you saw Gordon run an effective pick and roll? I don't want him anywhere near that play.

Gordon with the ball = Bad news or lucky shot under pressure lol
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: