Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Sign another big man this year?

The Bulls can afford a tall offensive big man who can play center. Probably the best player available would be forward/center, Melvin Ely. Hes got good size at 610, 255 pounds. He shot an impressive 50.8 FG%, averaged 10 points a game and about 5 rebounds last season. His last team he played with was the Bobcats so he probably would prefer to play on a better team. At this point I only see P.J. Brown to back up Ben Wallace when he gets tired, but hell mostly play at power forward. Other players like Malik Allen would maybe fit at center but his game is more from mid-range shots and hopefully Michael Sweetney will never play the center position again, come on he's only 6'8, Ben Wallace is the smallest you can go at 69. I know the Bulls recently traded for Martynas Andriuskevicus whos our tallest player at 72, but hes very raw and hasnt proven anything yet. I dought that hes ready to help out the team right away. Another available big man is Michael Olowakandi, aka the Candy Man. Hes a true center and stands at 70. He also played for a while and knows the game well. So if the Bulls sign another big man this season as a sub for Ben Wallace then it should either be Melvin Ely or Michael Olowakandi. This would be a good idea for this year, before we get the big man were really hoping for which is Greg Oden or some one in next years free agent market.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

I was reading somewhere they were looking at Lampe...
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Not bad, Lampe has the potential to be an offensive threat down low. He's got the size and is getting better and better. I'll tell you one thing it's smarter than Martynas Andriukevicus. It would be interesting to see Lampe as part of the Bulls.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

On 9/17/06 at Nba.com, I read that Andrew DeClercq is going to spend the week working out with Bulls hoping to impress them, so that he can be invited to training camp. The 6'10 center has career averages of 50.7 FG%, 4.2 rpg and 4.8 ppg.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation
Thumbs up

i heard SHAWN KEMP is trying out 4 da bullz this week.....damn we have everyone wanting 2 play in chicago now!! i sure hope we get a good big man who can back up big ben...im sure pax and skiles will make a good choice..we have options
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:53 AM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Sweet, Shawn Kemp he was always an above average player, if he came back to the NBA he would probably be average. He might still have some game left in him and if he can produce good numbers on the court then it would be a hell of a pick up for the Bulls. I would only sign him to a one or two year deal due to his age, he's going to turn 38 in two months. He's most likely going to retire at age 40. If he wasn't as good of an athlete as he is then it would be a risk to sign such a player, but Shawn Kemp is an exception, especially if he still shows that he can play. Also, he wouldn't be the oldest player on the team because P.J. Brown is a month older than him. The only question is, will Shawn Kemp be able to play at a good level after not playing since the 2002-2003 season with Orlando?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:28 AM   #7
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
The Bulls can afford a tall offensive big man who can play center. Probably the best player available would be forward/center, Melvin Ely. Hes got good size at 610, 255 pounds. He shot an impressive 50.8 FG%, averaged 10 points a game and about 5 rebounds last season. His last team he played with was the Bobcats so he probably would prefer to play on a better team. At this point I only see P.J. Brown to back up Ben Wallace when he gets tired, but hell mostly play at power forward. Other players like Malik Allen would maybe fit at center but his game is more from mid-range shots and hopefully Michael Sweetney will never play the center position again, come on he's only 6'8, Ben Wallace is the smallest you can go at 69. I know the Bulls recently traded for Martynas Andriuskevicus whos our tallest player at 72, but hes very raw and hasnt proven anything yet. I dought that hes ready to help out the team right away. Another available big man is Michael Olowakandi, aka the Candy Man. Hes a true center and stands at 70. He also played for a while and knows the game well. So if the Bulls sign another big man this season as a sub for Ben Wallace then it should either be Melvin Ely or Michael Olowakandi. This would be a good idea for this year, before we get the big man were really hoping for which is Greg Oden or some one in next years free agent market.

I like Melvin but, where will he get the playing time, as for Olowakandi...he is bad....this is just a roster spot to fill out the rest of the bench they should get a guy who is going to come in and know there role in case Ben, PJ, or Thomas go down (I hope that wont come down to that case)
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Andrew Declercq and Shawn Kemp will be both at the Bulls training camp to see if they can fill the last spot available on the roster, but some sources say that the leading candidate is Luke Schenscher, who played for the Bulls last season. Which of these three players would you most like to see fill the final spot on the roster for next season?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #9
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

As diehard says whoever gets it is just filling up a space on the roster and wont really play... So then I guess Luke is the best option as he is the only one of the 3 with any chance at a decent future since the other 2 are old.

Is kemp still fat?
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #10
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

He got back into shape, he claims that he weighs 257 pounds, which is 3 pounds lighter than when he was in his prime. Luke Schenscher, I guess is all right he's developing some offensive game, but still has some work. Shawn Kemp may argueably be more favorable in the sense that he had a much more successful career over Andrew Declercq who played in the NBA for about the same amount of years, Kemp played 14 years and Declercq played 11 years. Kemp being a 5 time all star and having many years of playoff experience might help him look more appealing. He's 36 years old and soon to be 37, just like P.J. Brown. A veteran might be better than a raw player like Luke. If he plays as good or close to P.J. Brown than I would have to pick Kemp over Schenscher. I wouldn't say that the Bulls are looking to just fill the last spot in the roster just so he sits on the bench. I heard that the Bulls are looking for a legitimate player to back up Ben Wallace. So they won't necessarily go for someone they can't rely on. Also, Scott Skiles likes to play all of his players, whether it's in the beginning of games or the end.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:53 AM   #11
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

I thought Kemp owned a USBL team last I heard.

I thought Schenscher was under contract?

Word out of Charlotte is Melvin Ely will be traded to Memphis for Bonzi Wells and a pick.

Macej Lampe? Ok, what do we do with Andrykevicus?

I'm still hoping for K.G. to come home and team with Ben wallace as a 1-2 in the paint.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: