Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default NBA Live 07 vs. NBA 2k7 Merged Pre-release Comparison Thread

Which one would you buy?! Why?

I own Both live 06 and 2k6, and I'm gonna say Live 07 has way more potential to be a better game, so check one off for Live.

By the way what happened to the tag ESPN or Sega sports on the 2k games?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

EA has purchased the rights for espn in the game.

Is it me or does anyone think the net animation is horrible for 2k7. It doesnt even swoosh. You dont get that satifying shwoosh if u j some one up.

I think 2k is gonna blow away live
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

About the 10th time this discussion has came up, go rent both, shut up and pick your favorite to buy from there.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #4
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
About the 10th time this discussion has came up, go rent both, shut up and pick your favorite to buy from there.

Shut up? The only discussions on it were 06 vs 06, which this ****ing isn't bro.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Look down the 1st page... and considering neither full game has came out, how the hell is someone going to give you a definite answer.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:49 PM   #6
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

I'm planning on buying NBA Live 07 because ever since I became interested in basketball, I've purchased the NBA Live series, and don't plan on changing anytime soon, because what's the difference? I mean really, a basketball game's a basketball game in my eyes. The stupid little differences aren't as important as the big stupid things they have in common.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

2k is been kickin live's ass for a while now. even with the dunk contest and new all star weekend..2k has better gameplay and it feels more real playin it.

2k>live

but im gonna buy both as usual haha
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Look down the 1st page... and considering neither full game has came out, how the hell is someone going to give you a definite answer.
:rollingeyes: Forget it bro, I heard people have played demos of both, so I don't see what's wrong with giving an opinion and a reason with it.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
I want to co-sign, yet Im still very interested.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #10
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
That costs $75. ($60 to buy plus $15 for two rentals)

If you just buy both of them ($120), and sell the one you don't like on ebay after a month ($50), it would be cheaper ($70).

Either way, paying an extra $10-15 to become more informed on a $60 purchase seems kind of stupid to me.

Just read reviews, watch movies, download demos. All free.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #11
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.
Default Today, I'm Gonna Get Either Live 07 Or 2K7....Which One??

I've been with Live since 95.. I had 2k03 and took it back to get Live 03..
Gameplay aside, Live's Dynasty option is the reason I get it every year.. Can someone school me on 2k7's 'Dynasty' version?? Do they do the drafts, salary cap, ect, as well as Live??

I'm a little tired of the 'jump from the free throw line, behind the head dunks, running through traffic plays that Live has to offer.. I want something more realistic.. PLUS, I'm tired of going undefeated EVERY season.. I want a challenge, and Live, after all these years, still doesn't provide that..

So, in all honesty, is 2K7 all that it's cracked up to be?? I'll probably go by the store after work to get which ever one, but I wanted to get some feedback this time..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

You're getting either game tooday? I thought the release date was the 25th?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #13
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2k6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Live 06

so if the trend holds true, and you're looking for something more realistic, then go with NBA 2k7
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #14
Bishop
I brick open layups

The sergeant I work with called me from the BX and said she put in for her husband.. Maybe she ordered it.. Whatever, however she got it, I'll be there by 1600, today..
Old 09-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #15
Bishop
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
2k6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Live 06

so if the trend holds true, and you're looking for something more realistic, then go with NBA 2k7

lol.. Ok..
I never even saw 2k6, but that's what I keep hearing..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: