Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

2K7 has Bill Cosby in it. Or at least it looked like it from the screenshots I was shown in another thread. So if you like Bill Cosby, get 2K7.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #17
*Omni.Slasher*
Kids at the park dunk on me

*Omni.Slasher* has decent reputation*Omni.Slasher* has decent reputation

First of all what system are you talking about?
*Omni.Slasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #18
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Omni.Slasher*
First of all what system are you talking about?

X-Box..

And my apologies.. She reserved 2K7.. On base, if you don't reserve an anticipated video game, they'll run out of it by day 2..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:59 PM   #19
*Omni.Slasher*

yeah I would still go with 2K7. I asked about the system cause you won't have as much sig shots on xbox. I just bought a 360 so i could get the better graphics and sig shots which they have 200.

LeBron real life jumper and NBA 2k7 jumper

And that is just 1 of the 199 sig shots that will be on the 360. I am not sure how many they have on the xbox but they did say they won't all the sig shots. You can start the Association by doing the last years draft. Since you have the xbox version here are the features you will get on it.

My NBA - Plays more like the real NBA than ever before with new player and team tendencies, updated camera perspectives and new animations.

Real NBA Coaching - Take control of the floor with improved coach settings, new team playbooks and on-the-fly substitutions.

Soundtrack - A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Fabolous, E40, and many others. Production by Dan the Automator.

The Association™ - Take total control of the deepest franchise mode in the business now with multiplayer franchise, 3 team trading, progressive fatigue, and season awards races.

2K Sports Online Play - Go head-to-head and compete in leagues and tournaments against the best players on the planet.

# V.I.P. System™ - After your game, save your friends’ profiles to compete when they’re not available! Learn their tendencies, moves, & logic for more heated battles. Get the upper hand in an online tournaments by downloading other players’ VIP profiles.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #20
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

I to have been on the fence about these 2 games and which to get. I had a PS2 with NBA Live 06 and played the Dynasty mode 6 seasons undefeated and needed more of a challenge so I got a used copy of 2k6 and was amazed at the difference in graphics and game play. I then sold my ps2 for an Xbox360 and the store didn’t have a copy of 2k6 for it at the time so I picked up a used copy of NBA live 06 for the 360 and downloaded the demo for 2k7 but the live 06 graphics seem to be better than the 2k7 graphics but then again it is a demo so the graphics might not be as polished.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #21
incxpinoy

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

i just played the 2k7 demo for the 360 and its amazing so far
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:11 PM   #22
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So what's the general consensus for the PS2 for either game? Are either worth it, or are a lot of the big features only on the next generation consoles? I'm on the fence as well, and I don't know which to get, but I'm definately leaning toward 2K7, just because of reviews, and because I've only played Live before, so I'm looking for a change.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #23
*Omni.Slasher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
So what's the general consensus for the PS2 for either game? Are either worth it, or are a lot of the big features only on the next generation consoles? I'm on the fence as well, and I don't know which to get, but I'm definately leaning toward 2K7, just because of reviews, and because I've only played Live before, so I'm looking for a change.

If you can't get a 360 then yeah go with the 2K7 for PS2. The features I named above are for Xbox & PS2. Here are the features for the 360.

* Signature Style - Every player’s play style has been captured for the first time in a simulation for a look and feel that plays as individually as the athlete.

* Shot Stick Pro - The award winning technical achievement of 2K6 is back with more intuitive shooting touch, control and finesse than ever.

* 24/7: Next - Play your way through street mode with a fully developed storyline where you can prove you belong with the NBA's elite.

* Isolated Post Play - Dominate your opposition in the paint with authentic NBA motion captured post moves like quick spins, drop steps, hooks, and fade aways.

* The Association™ - Take total control of the deepest franchise mode in the business now with multiplayer franchise, 3 team trading, progressive fatigue, and season awards races.

* 2K Sports Online Play - Go head-to-head and compete in leagues and tournaments against the best players on the planet.

* Game Soundtrack - A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Fabolous, E40, and many others. Production by Dan the Automator.

* Player Creator - Experience the deepest create a player feature in gaming today. With powerful new technology, every single aspect of creating a player is now at your fingertips.

* V.I.P. System™ - After your game, save your friends’ profiles to compete when they’re not available! Learn their tendencies, moves, & logic for more heated battles. Get the upper hand in an online tournaments by downloading other players’ VIP profiles.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, no shot stick?

And the isolated post thing looks neat as well. Player creator would be cool too, but not that cool.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #25
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Shot Stick Pro
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #26
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Ahhh, definately going with 2K7 for the ol' PS2.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #27
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The player has individual charateristic doesnt sound too important, but it is. Dirk pulls up for threes and hovers outside. Shaq goes straight to the post. THey didnt do that in prior years. This is a HUGE deal that i dont think people will realize until they play.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #28
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

2K7 has better ratings for thier players
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #29
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

NBA Live added this new "In the zone" feature that allows players like Wade to be basically unstoppable if its a big game and momentum is in their favor. It is absolutely ridiculous.

I also finished watching some videos of Live 07 and the gameplay looks absolutely awful.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #30
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The player has individual charateristic doesnt sound too important, but it is. Dirk pulls up for threes and hovers outside. Shaq goes straight to the post. THey didnt do that in prior years. This is a HUGE deal that i dont think people will realize until they play.

That is true. Whenever I want to have four outside players and one post guy, I can't because one of my shooters always stays in the post, and I can't clear the area for my real bigman.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: