Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Devlin says some stupid things!

This man goes, " Toronto, we excepted to lose to lakers, they the lakers, but the Nuggets we didn't except this! "

Okay, this man is stupid ........ Indiana just beat the lakers in a close game, it wasn't fluke either. Raptors shouldn't except to lose to anybody, even if there they lakers ........ Chuck WE MISS YOU MAN!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
MasterKey68
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MasterKey68 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Devlin says some stupid things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
This man goes, " Toronto, we excepted to lose to lakers, they the lakers, but the Nuggets we didn't except this! "

Okay, this man is stupid ........ Indiana just beat the lakers in a close game, it wasn't fluke either. Raptors shouldn't except to lose to anybody, even if there they lakers ........ Chuck WE MISS YOU MAN!

For one thing, I thing, I think you mean "expected" not "excepted". Second, yeah, you're right. I found out the Pacere beat the Lakers and I thought "geez, Indy can beat them but we can't?". If that's the case, Indy might make the playoffs.
MasterKey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

yeaaa but this man is saying Toronto was going to lose to L.A and there is noteven a chance, and than Pacers go and beat them ..... he should say stupid things like that!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He spoke the truth.. Sure, its always a possibility that we can beat a top tier team like the Lakers, Celtics, or whoever else, but we are a middle of the pack team and so it's not an expectation. If the Pacers had lost to the Lakers for example, nobody would've been surprised. Maybe he could've not said that statement on the air, but we were all thinking it realistically.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

realistically? .... Toronto isn't going to make the playoffs than.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

He called Bargnani, Bosh and O'Neal the Big Three a couple times.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
He called Bargnani, Bosh and O'Neal the Big Three a couple times.

What a joke.

I agree with bokes though, speaking the truth, it's better to have a realistic announcer rather than a huge homer.

Saying we were expected to lose to the Lakers is not out of line at all, and if we had beat one it would be a massive upset. I do think he was wrong though in thinking that we had a more than decent chance against Denver.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

it's really on Bargnani that Sam is gone ..... the plan was for bargnani to grow and become a border line allstar ...... Sam was stuck with a 7ft inconsisteint jump shooter who was learning how to play defense in his 4th year ..... i wouldn't blame all this on sam, who else did he have ? Joey ****king Graham? and a banged up new player J O'niel who hasn't played in couple games ...... common now look what sam was given to work with!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Wrong thread?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
MasterKey68
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MasterKey68 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
it's really on Bargnani that Sam is gone ..... the plan was for bargnani to grow and become a border line allstar ...... Sam was stuck with a 7ft inconsisteint jump shooter who was learning how to play defense in his 4th year ..... i wouldn't blame all this on sam, who else did he have ? Joey ****king Graham? and a banged up new player J O'niel who hasn't played in couple games ...... common now look what sam was given to work with!
A good coach would have been able to turn Bargnani into an allstar. And maybe even turn Joey into a decent off-the-bench guy. If he had developed Bargnani like he should have, there would have been no reason to trade for J.O. and sam wouldn't have a "banged-up" player as you described him. Sam had to go, end of story.
MasterKey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKey68
A good coach would have been able to turn Bargnani into an allstar. And maybe even turn Joey into a decent off-the-bench guy. If he had developed Bargnani like he should have, there would have been no reason to trade for J.O. and sam wouldn't have a "banged-up" player as you described him. Sam had to go, end of story.

Yea thats true .... all that work in the post for the first 3 years playing PF/Center and out of know where throwing him at the Small Forward spot .... that's like playing with someones head still ..... they really should of kept him at one spot and let him go to work there .....
Old 12-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #12
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKey68

Sorry buddy, I disagree. Mitchell did wonders on Bosh's game. I don't think any coach could have helped Bargnani that much, that guy just needs to put it all together..hes killing this team.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 AM   #13
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

i like what i've seen from bargnani this season.. if he was a franchise player for another team he could be a 20ppg with prob a decent %.. i'm surprised he doesn't get a lot of props for his improvement especially in bpg.. ps devlins a homo
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #14
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I love Devlin. Like him much more than the Swirsky near the end of his tenure. I liked Swirsk early, but then he turned into a super homer and barely analyzed the games when they happened (and always referred to Leo about a question during the games, couldn't analyze by himself). The thing I loved about Chuck was his Chuck Checks In and the blog...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

What about Leo ...... i hate that guy
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: