Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We are not talking one on one here though... we are talking about a team game. We are talking about many different aspects aside from whether Shaq could slam it down on Kareem or not. Kareem could score all day on Shaq too.

Ok, let me take a slightly different angle for you. It is quite well known that Shaq does not have the best work ethic being the star that he is. Some people would argue he's lazy or whatever. I argue he just is not that interested in hoop. So, if you took a Shaq, and gave him the heart, soul, drive, and desire that those like Russell, Wilt and Kareem had, it would likely be a different argument.

Shaq has never done a lot to improve his game, nor has he worked hard for it, relatively speaking. Heck, we get surprised now when he comes into season is shape... So, he has a great natural gift that I argue has never been brought to its full potential, and that is a shame indeed.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:13 AM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
We are not talking one on one here though... we are talking about a team game. We are talking about many different aspects aside from whether Shaq could slam it down on Kareem or not. Kareem could score all day on Shaq too.

Ok, let me take a slightly different angle for you. It is quite well known that Shaq does not have the best work ethic being the star that he is. Some people would argue he's lazy or whatever. I argue he just is not that interested in hoop. So, if you took a Shaq, and gave him the heart, soul, drive, and desire that those like Russell, Wilt and Kareem had, it would likely be a different argument.

Shaq has never done a lot to improve his game, nor has he worked hard for it, relatively speaking. Heck, we get surprised now when he comes into season is shape... So, he has a great natural gift that I argue has never been brought to its full potential, and that is a shame indeed.

I know what you mean and I agree with you.

But I just said the only way shaq is better is overpowering kareem with his FAT. I was just showing i knew what some people were talking about in here.

Its kinda like a few weeks ago when Steve Nash talked about What stephon said about being the best PG in the NBA. Steve was saying "well if i played him one on one he would beat me every single time so in a way hes right"

So I am just saying the ONLY way shaq is better is one on one with kareem.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:52 AM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Shaq is a wayyyyy better rapper than Kareem, Wilt, or Russel!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:08 PM   #19
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I know what you mean and I agree with you.

But I just said the only way shaq is better is overpowering kareem with his FAT. I was just showing i knew what some people were talking about in here.

Its kinda like a few weeks ago when Steve Nash talked about What stephon said about being the best PG in the NBA. Steve was saying "well if i played him one on one he would beat me every single time so in a way hes right"

So I am just saying the ONLY way shaq is better is one on one with kareem.

1 on 1 at center position is another history...centers can win games alone ,can win titles alone ,can change rules,not necessarily playing "team game"...its the crucial position...i cant say the same about PG

ps.:prime shaq wasnt FAT...that was MUSCLES =]

Last edited by rzp : 09-17-2006 at 10:22 PM.
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #20
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
I think Shaq is a wayyyyy better rapper than Kareem, Wilt, or Russel!

co sign =]
Old 09-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #21
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Kareem is way better. And there is few true centers now of day. Kareem use to train with Bruce Lee. And not only can he still kick Shaq ass. He would beat him one on one in B-ball.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #22
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Kareem is way better. And there is few true centers now of day. Kareem use to train with Bruce Lee. And not only can he still kick Shaq ass. He would beat him one on one in B-ball.

and Wilt almost kicked Conan the Barbarian ass!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:50 AM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Once again, I know we arent talking about one on one.
lool
Old 09-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #24
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

Quote:
Classic!!!

The likes or Kareem, Wilt, and Bill Russell might have mopped the floor with Shaq.

On the other hand, Shaq had incredible speed and quickness for a man of his size, so that might have made up for the skills difference.

actually is the other way around, have you seen shaq vs ben wallace ?? thats exactly what would happen between russell and shaq.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #25
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
pay attention and get your facts straight before you spew your ignorance...

according to NBA.com Shaq is 4-TIME first-team All-NBA, not 8.
if you think All-D is BS, then you got screws loose.

If Shaq was more dominant, at his most dominant he would have averaged more rebounds than Kareem at his most dominant (he didn't), or at least more blocked shots (he didn't), or maybe more points (he didn't), or maybe Shaq played against tougher centers (he didn't).

ps I love Shaq and wish he was still a Laker. He has been the best center of his era, no question. But he is not the best center ever.

kareem is the best center ever, no questions about that, but anybody who doesnt have shaq on his top 5 is an idiot, and YES, he IS better than chamberlain who was a scorer who never cared about team succes.

1- kareem
2- russell
3- hakeem
4- shaq
5- wilt
6- moses malone.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #26
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
I respectfully dont really agree with you here. Read what I wrote above. And as far as domination from a physical perspective, I don't think Shaq could have pushed Wilt or Russell around that easily, and Shaq would have actually had to play some real defense for a whole game and a whole season.

russell was 6'9 and 230 pounds, shaq would have no problems pushing him around. wilt is a different story.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #27
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

I had posted this on the Best Low Post Game Since 86? And thought it would also fit well in this thread. Here is why KAJ is better than Shaq I pasted it in full because I think the information is interesting when looking at 3 other post players compared to Shaq he is a great player but was not undisputedly the best low post player in fact he might not even be in the top 3. (REMEMBER THIS IS FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD SO NOT ALL INFORMATION IS PERTINENT TO THIS TOPIC)

To me there is no question Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 1st in career point with 38,387 and 3rd all time in rebounds with17, 440. Then I have to go with Karl Malone he is 2nd in career point with 36,928 and 6th all time in rebounds with 14,968. To round off a top 3 Hakeem Olajuwon was 7th in career points 26,946 and 11th in rebounds with 13,748. The only post players to have better #ís on both ends points and boards were Wilt and Bill.R but both do not meat the in the last 20 years criteria so there you are no more need for debate the numbers and accolades say it all you donít have to agree but you wont be correct either.

There is no way to say Shaq (just an example since he is the most dominant current post player close to retirement) is better then the above mention without taking some stats into consideration. Shaq has 24,764 career point 13,623 less the KAJ 12,164 less then the mailman and 2182 less then The Dream. Shaq has 11,082 rebounds 6358 less than KAJ 3886 less then the Mailman and 2666 less than the Dream and I donít think there is enough Diesel in the tank to catch the above mention with the exception of maybe and that is a huge MAYBE the Dream but I donít see it happening unless he cracks 1000 rebounds a year in his last 3-4 years and since he has only had 3 years with 1000 + reboundís in his career first 2 years in Orlando and then the 99-00 year (1st championship with LA) I can see him catching the Dream in points but thatís about it. No one else in the league today or in the last 20 years has been as good as The Captain the Mailman or The Dream plain and simple!!!
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

if shaq plays ut his last 4 years of his contract he will surpass the dream in most points.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #29
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
if shaq plays ut his last 4 years of his contract he will surpass the dream in most points.

I agree which is why I said I can see him passing the Dream in points and thatís it. I'm sure he will do that he had 1181 pt last year and a few years left should be plenty to catch him in the points just not the rebounds.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #30
rzp
Local High School Star

deleted

Last edited by rzp : 09-19-2006 at 01:25 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: