Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #31
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
I had posted this on the Best Low Post Game Since 86? And thought it would also fit well in this thread. Here is why KAJ is better than Shaq I pasted it in full because I think the information is interesting when looking at 3 other post players compared to Shaq he is a great player but was not undisputedly the best low post player in fact he might not even be in the top 3. (REMEMBER THIS IS FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD SO NOT ALL INFORMATION IS PERTINENT TO THIS TOPIC)

To me there is no question Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 1st in career point with 38,387 and 3rd all time in rebounds with17, 440. Then I have to go with Karl Malone he is 2nd in career point with 36,928 and 6th all time in rebounds with 14,968. To round off a top 3 Hakeem Olajuwon was 7th in career points 26,946 and 11th in rebounds with 13,748. The only post players to have better #’s on both ends points and boards were Wilt and Bill.R but both do not meat the in the last 20 years criteria so there you are no more need for debate the numbers and accolades say it all you don’t have to agree but you wont be correct either.

There is no way to say Shaq (just an example since he is the most dominant current post player close to retirement) is better then the above mention without taking some stats into consideration. Shaq has 24,764 career point 13,623 less the KAJ 12,164 less then the mailman and 2182 less then The Dream. Shaq has 11,082 rebounds 6358 less than KAJ 3886 less then the Mailman and 2666 less than the Dream and I don’t think there is enough Diesel in the tank to catch the above mention with the exception of maybe and that is a huge MAYBE the Dream but I don’t see it happening unless he cracks 1000 rebounds a year in his last 3-4 years and since he has only had 3 years with 1000 + rebound’s in his career first 2 years in Orlando and then the 99-00 year (1st championship with LA) I can see him catching the Dream in points but that’s about it. No one else in the league today or in the last 20 years has been as good as The Captain the Mailman or The Dream plain and simple!!!

omfg wat bull****...all those players played until 175 yrs old...shaq is only 34
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #32
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
omfg wat bull****...all those players played until 175 yrs old...shaq is only 34

What is BS?

So what if they played till there late 30's!!!

Shaq as it stands will retire at 38 and will not get even close to The Captains numbers you going to argue that point?

You could give Shaq another 2 years on top of the 4 he has left so he retires at 40 and he still wouldn't challenge KAJ's numbers.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #33
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp

Kareem also played a full four years at UCLA where he was a national champion there.

Shaq played I think one or two years at LSU... correct?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #34
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp

I actually Like players who play when they are very old. It shows they are tough. true warriors. And look at kareem's stats, Theyre al wayyy better than Shaq's stats. so even if shaq plays until hes like 45 (which I highly DOubt) there is still no way he would catch up to kareem.

and look how much shaq is losing his talent and strength. He should be embarrased making 20 mill a year.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #35
schyza
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Kareem also played a full four years at UCLA where he was a national champion there.

Shaq played I think one or two years at LSU... correct?

Yet Shaq had the audacity to call Bynum a delinquent since he hadn’t been to collage before coming to the NBA and Shaq got his degree at 32-33 years old. So Bynum has what 15 years to complete collage if he is following the Shaq plan. (I prefer the 4 year plan better)
Old 09-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #36
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
What is BS?

So what if they played till there late 30's!!!

Shaq as it stands will retire at 38 and will not get even close to The Captains numbers you going to argue that point?

You could give Shaq another 2 years on top of the 4 he has left so he retires at 40 and he still wouldn't challenge KAJ's numbers.

so using ur logic u would pick Malone before Shaq?
ps:omg again...somalian KAJ played against 6'6''/220 centers...while shaq played against all those GOAT big guys (include PF´s)in their primes...add alot of stupids 7'0''+ centers ( ya ...but still 7'0'' who probly would kik ass on 70´s and 80´s)
Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #37
rzp
Local High School Star

do u really think Wilt would average 50 ppg in the 90´s and 00´s?
KAJ would be really that dominant(REMEMBER...225 lbs...seems like a Mutombo to me)playing today?
can´t u see the level difference between the years?
can u see players like steve nash,dirk,ginobili in the old nba?
its a mutch more competitive NBA...

Last edited by rzp : 09-19-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #38
schyza
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
do u really think Wilt would average 50 ppg in the 90´s and 00´s?
KAJ would be really that dominant(REMEMBER...225 lbs...seems like a Mutombo to me)playing today?
can´t u see the level difference between the years?
can u see players like steve nash,dirk,ginobili in the old nba?
its a mutch more competitive NBA...

Seriously how old are you? Your trying to compare eras like now is so much better or stronger competition then the past. Nash, Manu and Dirk in the old NBA WOW the players would have been shaking in there Nike’s!!! I'm sure that the Mailman would be nothing against Dirk and Nash and Manu would have just run circles around Magic and Isaiah if we are going to use your logic (I’m pulling one out of your book) Oh and for the comment “KAJ played against 6'6''/220 centers” last time I checked Ewing, Mchale and many other very dominant centers from that time were allot bigger then 6’6 220 and as for Shaq “played against all those GOAT big guys” last time I checked he never played against Wilt, Russell, KAJ and he was owned by the Dream. Now I will give him the benefit of the doubt he was a rookie and I am not some Shaq hater but you need to be honest with yourself there was not a huge difference in talent between the era’s both had phenomenal dominant players at every position on the floor but when it comes down to it the # at the end of you career and the awards/accolades you get during that career is what will determine who is better and as it stands KAJ is better just except it and move on it will help your healing prosses.

Oh I almost forgot to answer you question.

"so using ur logic u would pick Malone before Shaq?"

Answer depends what do we need on the team if you say PF then I go with the Mail Man if you say center then I go with Shaq if you say work ethic once again I go with the Mailman
Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #39
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Nash, Manu and Dirk in the old NBA WOW the players would have been shaking in there Nike’s!!! I'm sure that the Mailman would be nothing against Dirk and Nash and Manu would have just run circles around Magic and Isaiah
i was talking about foreigners comin to NBA...that was my point MR 50 YRS OLD

Last edited by rzp : 09-20-2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:26 AM   #40
rzp
Local High School Star

deleted

Last edited by rzp : 09-20-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #41
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
and he was owned by the Dream. Now I will give him the benefit of the doubt he was a rookie

typical Shaq-hater excuse...i watched that series many times and shaq was always DOUBLED/TRIPLED...and The Dream wasnt
gm1:
Shaq 26,16,3,9ast
Hakeem 31,6,4,7
gm2
Shaq 33,12,0,7
Hakeem 34,11,4,2
gm3
Shaq 28,10,3,6
Hakeem 31,14,0,7
gm4
Shaq 24,12,4,3
Hakeem 35,15,0,6

When exactly Shaq got "OWNED"?

Last edited by rzp : 09-20-2006 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #42
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Oh and for the comment “KAJ played against 6'6''/220 centers” last time I checked Ewing, Mchale and many other very dominant centers from that time were allot bigger then 6’6 220 and as for Shaq “played against all those GOAT big guys”

Too hard to find two guys huh????
Ewing (start in 1986,240lbs,probly less in his first years...not really a monster) and Mchale(210LBS!!!!WAT THE F*K)? BE SERIOUS PLZ, very dominant centers where???on WNBA???
i give to u prime malone,prime DREAM,prime D-ROB,prime EWING,KG,TD+D-ROB!(u need more than that!?!),Sheed+Sabonis,Mutombo,Rodman,prime Barkley,Kemp,
Webber+Divac,ZO (ADD SHAQ WAS ALWAYS F*KIN DOUBLED NO MATTER WAT CENTER, i doubt some of those guys need help to shut down KAJ)...and u give me BABY Pat and Mchale?

u have no point here, just accept it

Last edited by rzp : 09-20-2006 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:35 AM   #43
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:

Oh I almost forgot to answer you question.

"so using ur logic u would pick Malone before Shaq?"

Answer depends what do we need on the team if you say PF then I go with the Mail Man if you say center then I go with Shaq if you say work ethic once again I go with the Mailman

DNT BE A GM PLEASE
put shaq and mailman on the same draft...SHAQ will be 1st pick 10 in 10 times no matter wat the team needs unless u are Isiah

Last edited by rzp : 09-20-2006 at 03:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:36 AM   #44
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yet Shaq had the audacity to call Bynum a delinquent since he hadn’t been to collage before coming to the NBA and Shaq got his degree at 32-33 years old. So Bynum has what 15 years to complete collage if he is following the Shaq plan. (I prefer the 4 year plan better)

Shaq earned degree at 28 years (cuz he´s too busy making 30 mi/year,just like Bynum right?)...(hahah Shaq hater )
Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 AM   #45
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Try to avoid the many posts back to back. please
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: