Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Banks to Lakers!

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/496470.html

Quote:
The word is that Wolves free agent point guard Marcus Banks is headed for the Los Angeles Lakers. Two years ago, the Boston Celtics and the Lakers made a trade that had Banks going to the Lakers and Gary Payton moving to the Celtics. But Payton failed a physical and the deal was called off. The Lakers have been trying to land Banks ever since, and that is where he is likely to be when the 2006-2007 season starts.

so does this put an end to the roy talk too
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

No.

It is nearly impossible to claim that a free agent is going to sign a certain team this early.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

good luck sharing a backcourt BJ Armstrong... err... Marcus Banks
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here
Default .

FINALS APPEARANCE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Banks is good.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

He's better than Smush Parker.

That should be one of the things under usernames.

"I brick layups"
"I miss dunks, then fall"
"Hits some open shots"
"Athletic playground baller"
"Better than Smush Parker"
"Got some game"
"I slap board on layups"
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #7
mayorhoiberg
I brick open layups

mayorhoiberg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

"I brick layups"
"Hits some open shots"
"Got some game"
"I slap board on layups"

He is better than Parker, but if the Wolves can pick up someone like Brevin Knight, I wouldn't mind losing Banks.
mayorhoiberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Roy talks? L.A has nothing to offer to land Roy. Stop listening to idiots!

sakf posted my thoughts on banks. good job!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #9
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

"I brick layups"
"Hits some open shots"
"Got some game"
"I slap board on layups"

that's cold...pretty funny too!

do it ish! do it!
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
KobeLookLike2Pac
Kids at the park dunk on me

KobeLookLike2Pac has an OK reputation so far

What all the noise for? Banks is a weak mutha****a.
KobeLookLike2Pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

TheGreatNumber8 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Roy talks? L.A has nothing to offer to land Roy. Stop listening to idiots!

sakf posted my thoughts on banks. good job!

Gobb,Odom is nothing? You keep showing your ignorance at every trade rumour that involves the lakers by saying "Lakers have nothing to offer". Go on,give me a bad rep point for calling you out.
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:20 PM   #12
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatNumber8
Gobb,Odom is nothing? You keep showing your ignorance at every trade rumour that involves the lakers by saying "Lakers have nothing to offer". Go on,give me a bad rep point for calling you out.
Trading Odom for a chance at Roy isn't a good idea for either team.

Chicago needs a real post presence. Odom isn't it. The Bulls need a guy who consistently scores and defends inside.

The trade thins the Laker frontcourt so that they're relying constantly on Brown and Mihm, all for a guy who plays the same position as Bryant? Don't give me that "Roy can be the point in the triangle offense" crap. Trading for a player for the purpose of playing him out of position is an awful idea.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #13
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

TheGreatNumber8 has not been impressing people

Seriously you gotta be joking? A SG can play in the triangle. Phil likes bigger guards and most point guards in laker history were big and were usually PG. Smush Parker is suppose to be a SG,the pg of the triangle doesnt even need to bring the ball up. Educate yourself.
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

stop deluding yourself.

the Lakers do not run the triangle exclusively. they use the Kobe offense exclusively. they bring up Triangle sets at times.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #15
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatNumber8
Seriously you gotta be joking? A SG can play in the triangle. Phil likes bigger guards and most point guards in laker history were big and were usually PG. Smush Parker is suppose to be a SG,the pg of the triangle doesnt even need to bring the ball up. Educate yourself.
You're using SMUSH PARKER as an example of a non-PG being successful in the triangle offense? You've got to be kidding. Parker was just the best available scrub free agent to fill the role. Giving up Odom for a player who isn't made to play in that role just isn't worth it. The Lakers would be much better off keeping Odom and signing a real point. Parker shouldn't get more than 15 minutes on most any team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: