Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 12:38 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default I just don't know about this team.

Look at how well they played on sunday vs. the Sixers, why can't they play like that every night? Now they lose two in a row to two teams they've already beat.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:30 AM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause
 
Undisputed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,516
Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I just don't know about this team.

Inconsistency has always been the demon of this team. The only reason we look stronger this season than last is because of Rose. Gameplan against the Bulls; pressure Rose and take it to the rim. The roster hasn't changed much from last season, and that's the biggest problem. It was obvious that this group couldn't win together, but the organization chose to jackoff with Ben Gordon the entire offseason. When your team has no chemistry, then "potential" becomes quite useless.

I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but I feel that Rose needs to be rested more. I'd like to see Vinny cut him down to 35 minutes here and there instead of making him play 40+ minutes every game. That'll wear on a rookie, both physically and mentally. I bet if he's rested a bit more, you'll see his turnover numbers drop. Rose had 6 turnovers against the Sixers, and 5 against the Bucks.

GET ROSE SOME DAMN HELP. Kudo's to Luol. The guy produced finally.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:58 AM   #3
beau_boy04
Local High School Star
 
beau_boy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,286
beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I just don't know about this team.

if he rests some more the bulls be out of the playoff and definitely a lottery bounce :)
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Rondo
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I just don't know about this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Inconsistency has always been the demon of this team. The only reason we look stronger this season than last is because of Rose. Gameplan against the Bulls; pressure Rose and take it to the rim. The roster hasn't changed much from last season, and that's the biggest problem. It was obvious that this group couldn't win together, but the organization chose to jackoff with Ben Gordon the entire offseason. When your team has no chemistry, then "potential" becomes quite useless.

I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but I feel that Rose needs to be rested more. I'd like to see Vinny cut him down to 35 minutes here and there instead of making him play 40+ minutes every game. That'll wear on a rookie, both physically and mentally. I bet if he's rested a bit more, you'll see his turnover numbers drop. Rose had 6 turnovers against the Sixers, and 5 against the Bucks.

GET ROSE SOME DAMN HELP. Kudo's to Luol. The guy produced finally.


I for one agree with you entirely we're going to wear out our star point guard in his first year, and really even if that causes us to lose more games that's actually good, because when franchises over achieve one year it sets the whole franchise back kinda like what the Hornets may be going through now for example. We need to be kinda like the Hawks get steadily better over time through a trade or two and the lottery.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:38 AM   #5
trig
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,818
trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: I just don't know about this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
if he rests some more the bulls be out of the playoff and definitely a lottery bounce :)

Playing 82 games and 40+ minutes is tough for any rookie. Esp if your style of play is driving to the basket against the big guys. Plus, getting another lottery pick wouldn't hurt
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: I just don't know about this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
Playing 82 games and 40+ minutes is tough for any rookie. Esp if your style of play is driving to the basket against the big guys. Plus, getting another lottery pick wouldn't hurt

Unless it's another first pick in the draft then forget about it... look who the GM is. The only great player he's chosen from the draft since he's been here is Derrick Rose and that's only because it was the first pick of the draft and everyone was talking about how great he was going to be. The rest of the draft picks have turned out to be decent players at best... Deng, Gordon, Hinrich are good/decent and then there's Tyrus Thomas, Sefolosha and Noah who aren't very good.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy