Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
bk15
I hit open layups

bk15 has no real reputation yet.
Default Joey Vs. Gerald Green

You think the raps made a mistake? or good pick?
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Green is a punk, he wouldn't play in Toronto anyway. Green will be better than Joey, but I still think joey was a good pick. A solid, low maintenance player that tries hard to play D.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I don't think that Gerald Green will be a great player though. He is a "Dunk Competition" type player. Joey Graham had a average season this year. I think he might have a way better season now that he nows what he is going into. Just wait for Joey Graham to explode. I don't regret the pick.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Green is a punk, he wouldn't play in Toronto anyway. Green will be better than Joey, but I still think joey was a good pick. A solid, low maintenance player that tries hard to play D.

I have to agree with you on this one... even tho i am a retard..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #5
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Gerald Green has shown that he just has hops. I think there was surely no mistake made.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #6
Salami_N_Cheese
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Salami_N_Cheese has an OK reputation so far

Joey graham will be a good player in a year or two...when the raptors are ready to make a real run in the playoffs. Gerald Green will take 4-5 years before he becomes a good player (like T-Mac). Therefore Joey Graham is a better player for the raptors. PLus Green has that cockiness that will eventually lead to him getting good, than leaving the raptors (if we picked him) for more money in the states.
Salami_N_Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_N_Cheese
Joey graham will be a good player in a year or two...when the raptors are ready to make a real run in the playoffs. Gerald Green will take 4-5 years before he becomes a good player (like T-Mac). Therefore Joey Graham is a better player for the raptors. PLus Green has that cockiness that will eventually lead to him getting good, than leaving the raptors (if we picked him) for more money in the states.

I disagree. Graham is ok, but Green has easily more skillz. Did anyone watch him play late this year for Boston? He has a change to be great and we all make 'character' comments and really, we have no idea what type of guy he is. Graham is ok, but that's it.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think Green will be more likely to be a superstar, but I don't regret it at all. Graham plays tough D and Toronto already has a superstar in Bosh, and two reliable options in Charlie and MoPete. There isn't any need to have Green on the roster, Grahams a better fit.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

Bigtortiaman has an OK reputation so far

i think the raps are misusing joey and he needs to be used more like corliss williamson in detriot
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Whatever happened to Corliss Williamson anyway... he kinda just disapeared. Or did I miss a retirement party of some sort?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #11
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

Bigtortiaman has an OK reputation so far

^yah where the hell is he

last i heard he was playing for the kings
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #12
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I assume Green well be better then Graham. but like everyone mentioned he is perfect for our team, we need defence and he well povide that, esspecaily in the future.

Bigtortiaman your right Corliss Williamson is with the kings, you dont notice him because he's like the last player of the bench lol.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

The mistake was made when we passed on Danny Granger. Gerald Green didnt want to be here no there was no mistake there even though is will be the beter player.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Lightbulb alllllllright

i give you guys my personal guarantee that joey G will be a MUCH better player this season.

gerald green is the 2nd coming of JR Smith. Athletic dunker who can shoot the ball but can't play ANY defense whatsoever and has a bad attitude. He'll have his moments when he shines with his athleticism, but will then find himself stapled to the bench after his man continuously blows by him for layups.

graham will be a big contributor to our team this season, he's only going to build on his rookie campaign. also remember that it was graham who tested as the best athlete before last years draft. he dominated the bench, sprints and vertical leap.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #15
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

As far as THIS season goes I agree he'll be more valuable than Green, but in the long run Green will be the better player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: