Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #16
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Backup PG Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J000
Anyone know where Pargo is? I would love him to be the back-up behind Calderon. He is cheap, and he gives good minutes off the bench.

Also PG isn't a situation, defense overall is the situation.

janero pargo!!! good call

i think he was with the Hornets
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Pargo was a huge part of the Hornets' success last season, but I don't think an NBA team will get him until his European contract is up, and I'm not sure how long that is.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #18
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
yeah.. young american guard.. we tested a few in the past and they worked out alright (eg. alston, roger mason, arroyo, etc)

but they all became better once they left Toronto ..... LOL
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #19
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Pargo went to Europe IIRC.

he played well for new orleans.. im surprised they didn't re-sign him.. he would have been awesome for the raptors as a backup PG.. and ukic as a 3rd string for the next season or 2

i know the backup pg situation isnt a huge deal right now i just want to see what the rest of the raptor fans thought of solomon and ukic.. thats why i created the thread.. pretty sure nobody likes solomon and everyone wants him to go back to turkey or wherever he came from prior to this season
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:17 AM   #20
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

heres something funny ... im watching the score and they're in the gym talking to triano and players in their first practise with triano, and wut do i see...

in the background, ukic jokin around taking a backwards one handed over the head shot from the 3pt line

lol i know it coulda been after an actual practise, but still funny to see, since he has such a terrible jumper
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 AM   #21
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

^ But did he stick the shot, that's the important thing...
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #22
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Id give Ukic all the backup burn and leave Solomon as the 3rd stringer. The more Roko plays the more confident he seems to be getting.

I get a kick out of watching him play, he looks like he has slinkys for legs sometimes.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #23
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I like Roko on the floor in small doses, as he pushes the tempo of the offence, which is the direct opposite of Mr. Careful a.k.a. Jose Calderon.

Solomon is trash btw.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #24
Parps
I hit open 5-footers

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Id give Ukic all the backup burn and leave Solomon as the 3rd stringer. The more Roko plays the more confident he seems to be getting.

I get a kick out of watching him play, he looks like he has slinkys for legs sometimes.

+1. I think he's got potential... I call him the "Rooster".
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #25
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
But again, it's only BACKUP PG. There are far more pressing needs on this team than the quality of play of 12 minutes per game at that spot.

... unless Calderon gets injured, in which case the backup plays 30+ minutes and the second PG is suddenly the most important need on the team.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantona
... unless Calderon gets injured, in which case the backup plays 30+ minutes and the second PG is suddenly the most important need on the team.
Well tons of teams would have that problem. Not just the Raptors. Since it's not something you can anticipate, you can't stress over it too much.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #27
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Well tons of teams would have that problem. Not just the Raptors. Since it's not something you can anticipate, you can't stress over it too much.

Could you imagine NO without Paul?

Pargo might've been a good solution, but Mike James? He has really fallen of...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #28
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Quote:

I'll try not to. But the thought of Solomon getting any more than that 12 minutes a game...

I'd be a lot more comfortable with a halfway-decent backup. We have reasonable cover for O'Neal and Bosh (not stars but not catsatrophes) in Bargnani and Humphries but if Calderon goes down it will be an absolute nightmare.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:51 AM   #29
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

To add to the discussion, it's expected that Roko Ukic will struggle with his jumper. The Raptors coaching staff are actually breaking down and reworking his entire shooting mechanic, building it from the ground up.

If he was simply using the same form he used when he played in Europe, he'd undoubtedly be shooting a much better percentage. Instead, he's learning to shoot all over again, there will be an adjustment period (we're in it) but in the long run, it'll be beneficial to him and our team.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #30
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
To add to the discussion, it's expected that Roko Ukic will struggle with his jumper. The Raptors coaching staff are actually breaking down and reworking his entire shooting mechanic, building it from the ground up.

If he was simply using the same form he used when he played in Europe, he'd undoubtedly be shooting a much better percentage. Instead, he's learning to shoot all over again, there will be an adjustment period (we're in it) but in the long run, it'll be beneficial to him and our team.

That's interesting, I find it very confusing why they would do that during the season but I didn't know that.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: