Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #106
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: hakeem vs d. robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Whatever dude.

All four are awesome, unstoppable scorers in different ways.
All four were great defenders (shaq not as much, but he was a great shot blocker/defensive rebounder).

All four are all time greats.

I doubt you have even seen them all in their prime, or 95% of ISH for that matter.

Think again buddy. I grew up watching Hakeem dominate. I watched him dominate Robinson, Ewing, and even give Shaq fits. I saw the absolute look of frustration on the faces of Robinson and Ewing, because THEY HAD NO ANSWER FOR HIM and they were mentally broken, especially Robinson

Robinson and Ewing were not on Hakeem's level, Hakeem was arguably the most complete center of alltime. He had unparalled defense, crazy footwork, a array of offensive moves that shook people right out of their shoes, and insane court vision and handles for a big man.

Shaq also played against all the great players of that era and Shaq has said many of times that Hakeem was the greatest big man he ever played against.....Shaq has got mad respect for Hakeem.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-14-2007 at 11:44 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #107
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Hakeem
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #108
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

G-Train,

You have some pretty shytty arguments. Hakeem, one on one, was by far the toughest big man matchup of any of those. Ask Shaq. Shaq was/is a bulldozer of sorts so it is different from the agility and finesse side of things. Hakeem beat Robinson, just watch his low post moves in that utube video. I had the pleasure of watching the entire series live and Robinson was shyt on. Hakeem beat Ewing. Hakeem beat Shaq. And he did it when it mattered most. All Hakeem had around him was role players in the first championship. Hakeem had Drexler in '95 but it wasn't the Drexler of '87-'92.

People are judged on their post season accomplishments. McGrady is a two time scoring champ and and a hellava good player. But what is he remembered for? What is Garnett remembered for? What is Barkely remembered for? What is Robinson and Ewing remembered for? They are all remembered for not being able to individually carry their team to greatness in the playoffs. That is what truley matters most. It's not the only thing, but it is what matters most. So...

Hakeem>>Robinson
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #109
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

This is what Olajuwon did to Ewing and the Knicks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjs1sdRpSV8

and this is what Olajuwon did to Drob and the Spurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

How anybody can say those players were on the same level as The Dream is beyond me.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #110
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
People are judged on their post season accomplishments. McGrady is a two time scoring champ and and a hellava good player. But what is he remembered for? What is Garnett remembered for? What is Barkely remembered for? What is Robinson and Ewing remembered for? They are all remembered for not being able to individually carry their team to greatness in the playoffs. That is what truley matters most. It's not the only thing, but it is what matters most. So...

if this is the case, then why are people still arguing that KG > Duncan or Malone > Duncan. those same people who are arguing that Hakeem > Robinson because of post season success cant have it both ways.

I am not here to argue that David > Hakeem because thats not true...but I will argue that the gap that many are claiming to be HUGE is not that big. People here are making it seem like we are arguing Rasho Nesterovic vs Shaq.

David has had some great games against hakeem. just like how KG has had some great games against duncan. yet everyone says the gap between KG and Duncan is narrow but the gap between David and hakeem is huge? how so?
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #111
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Hakeem Olajuwon, my all time favorite player, takes the cake here.

Not that I'm being biased or anything like that.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #112
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Hakeem was the better center in my opinion. As far as scoring goes, Robinson was better BUT overall, Hakeem was better (rebounding, blocking shots, skills, etc.). I think Olajuwon is actually one of the most underrated stars in NBA history. He really deserves more respect.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #113
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
if this is the case, then why are people still arguing that KG > Duncan or Malone > Duncan. those same people who are arguing that Hakeem > Robinson because of post season success cant have it both ways.

I am not here to argue that David > Hakeem because thats not true...but I will argue that the gap that many are claiming to be HUGE is not that big. People here are making it seem like we are arguing Rasho Nesterovic vs Shaq.

David has had some great games against hakeem. just like how KG has had some great games against duncan. yet everyone says the gap between KG and Duncan is narrow but the gap between David and hakeem is huge? how so?

I don't think the gap is huge. But people only seem to remember player's post season success and use that as the measuring mark. I'm a big tmac fan but if you aren't its easy to say well, dude aint been out of the first round so he sucks. I think the difference between great and legendary is post season success and the ability to carry a team of lessers on your back. David Robinson was a great center, one of the greatest of all time. Hakeem was a legendary center probably top 4. That little difference, as seen in their head to head, is what people see and judge an extrodinary athelete by. Just the way it is.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #114
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
I don't think the gap is huge. But people only seem to remember player's post season success and use that as the measuring mark. I'm a big tmac fan but if you aren't its easy to say well, dude aint been out of the first round so he sucks. I think the difference between great and legendary is post season success and the ability to carry a team of lessers on your back. David Robinson was a great center, one of the greatest of all time. Hakeem was a legendary center probably top 4. That little difference, as seen in their head to head, is what people see and judge an extrodinary athelete by. Just the way it is.

fair enough
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #115
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train

People say that...
1. Hakeem has two rings as a featured player, Robinson has two only as a complementary player
2. Hakeem has a better post game then Robinson
3. Hakeem outplayed Robinson head-to-head in their one playoff match up.

1. is true, but Duncan has more rings than Hakeem, so is he better? maybe, maybe not. Its not a fair way to judge.
2. is false. It is a dead heat pretty much. There is no analytical way to prove one is better than the other.
3. One series cannot be an over ruling judgement

You are smoking with number two......Of course you can analytically show that Dream was a better post player...you can go through post skills Dream possessed that D-Rob did not..you can talk about back to the basket scoring and about ability to score from the post in the clutch...

Dream vs D-Rob is truly like the TD vs KG argument except Dream has interior skills on D-Rob while TD doesn't have more post skills than KG he is more effective becuz he is simply stronger and has a better center of gravity....
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #116
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i like how this thread got recycled!

how many of the recent guys read through its development from the beginning?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:22 AM   #118
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

Being rockets-oriented, gotta say Hakeem.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: