Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #31
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Hey sizzle, you know the order is messed up on the nba.com page. It has me and 5 and 15. You forgot D Tech's team and need to move Carbs and Nexus up one.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #32
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
When does your overall record come into play?

This thing goes by weekly, so does that mean your performance for the week in a category is the average of your team's player's stats in the games he played that week?

i.e. My players score 300 points in one week consisting of 3 games. So my points would be 100 then?

Or do values come from your team's player's ever-slightly-changing season averages?

11:30 would suck incomparable ass for me btw. I have a quiz for 7% of mark at 8:30 the next morning.

No, the points only count for that week and you get all the points, rebound, etc. Your weekly score goes to your season total. Which determines the standings for playoffs.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #33
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
When does your overall record come into play?

This thing goes by weekly, so does that mean your performance for the week in a category is the average of your team's player's stats in the games he played that week?

i.e. My players score 300 points in one week consisting of 3 games. So my points would be 100 then?

Or do values come from your team's player's ever-slightly-changing season averages?

11:30 would suck incomparable ass for me btw. I have a quiz for 7% of mark at 8:30 the next morning.

i think you'r reffering to point based fantasy systems. heres wut happens here..there are 9 categories..pts,stl, rebs, etc

yor players will accumalte points for each category and so will your opponents players..now, if your players scored more points than his, you get a point, if his players get more steals then you, he gets a point...after all 9 categories have been taken into account, the person that wins more categories win the match..but if you win your match 5-4..and someone else wins their match 7-2..they're better.

most likely the draft wont be on wednesday at all...there are alot of opend slots for friday and on..
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #34
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Hey sizzle, you know the order is messed up on the nba.com page. It has me and 5 and 15. You forgot D Tech's team and need to move Carbs and Nexus up one.

yea the order is messed up because doubletech isnt officially in..he needs to give me his email so I can invite him in as an owner.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #35
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Fridays after 11:15 are great for me.

Ok, I think I got the scoring thing down.

Just one thing: It is recorded if u win 5-4 etc... so at the end you'll have a total like 100-74 (or w/e) right? Which is more important, the amount of categories you won or the amount of games you won?
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #36
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Fridays after 11:15 are great for me.

Ok, I think I got the scoring thing down.

Just one thing: It is recorded if u win 5-4 etc... so at the end you'll have a total like 100-74 (or w/e) right? Which is more important, the amount of categories you won or the amount of games you won?

yes you may end up with like 100-74.when you win more categories, you win games. but in the end, its gonna come up to what your record is which is the amount of categories you win. so basically, every single category counts and every single game counts.

there are other systems like "most categories is win" meaning if you win more categories and win your game, you're 1-0..but I think most of us prefer the one we have now
Old 09-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #37
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
so basically, every single category counts and every single game counts.

Ok, but how much? They obviously aren't weighted equally.

Actually, screw it, I'll figure it out eventually. Ima make a thread about the categories now...
Old 09-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #38
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Sizzle,
lets just do Weds, Sept 20, 11:30PM EST

Same day, just a little later time (like ClutchCity said).

Friday, for sure, a lot of people probably wont be able to make it...like me. Weds during the day, I doubt anyone aside from students can make it. So ya, most logical thing to do would be same day, the later time. Cool?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #39
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wait a second....
We're not changing the times,are we? Otherwise i got to redo my schedual.
I told my employees, i had to take of early on Wed. cause i was doin an online draft. They were like WTF? I love being the boss.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #40
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Dude how is 11:30 good for students?!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #41
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Dude how is 11:30 good for students?!

I didnt sleep till 4am when I was in college, buddy. Now, I have 8am WORK.

11:30 is fine. Anything that early in the day is not feasible.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #42
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

11:30 may not be feasible for the east coasters. Depend if they want to stay up till possibly 2 am their time when they have work at 8 am. It's 10:30 for me and I don't mind staying up till 1 or so, but I can't speak for them.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:27 PM   #43
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
11:30 may not be feasible for the east coasters. Depend if they want to stay up till possibly 2 am their time when they have work at 8 am. It's 10:30 for me and I don't mind staying up till 1 or so, but I can't speak for them.

Well, consider the other 3 available time slots. They're all in the middle of the day. These people who have work, like me, have zero chance at making those live drafts. I'd rather stay up a little later for one night than not doing the draft at all.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:31 PM   #44
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Wait a second....
We're not changing the times,are we? Otherwise i got to redo my schedual.
I told my employees, i had to take of early on Wed. cause i was doin an online draft. They were like WTF? I love being the boss.

yea hateraid, there are no available time slots for wednesday at 9pm est. but we're discussing 11:30 pm est right now
Old 09-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #45
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Oh I'm with you on the daytime slots. Even though I wouldn't mind leaving work early to draft! But I realize not everyone can do that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: