Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Jordan Farmar for rookie of the year!?

Now I know Phil as we all do and he wont give Farmar minutes to start out...but notice how he started giving Ronny minutes after ronny displayed knowledge of the triangle.

So Since we heard that farmar is learning soo quickly and is understanding a lot of it...

Do you think phil can give him many mminutes and he can win rookie of the year?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Now I know Phil as we all do and he wont give Farmar minutes to start out...but notice how he started giving Ronny minutes after ronny displayed knowledge of the triangle.

So Since we heard that farmar is learning soo quickly and is understanding a lot of it...

Do you think phil can give him many mminutes and he can win rookie of the year?

That's a hard one! Farmar is a natural with the triangle. But ya Phil don't like to play Rookies, your right he did give Ronny some min when he showed promise with the triangle, but Ronny also gave the Laker's a-lot life on the court and on the bench. Some thing I haven't seen since Vlade, look what he did in Sac.
Farmar was very impressive in the summer league, in fact him and Bynum played very good together. In one game they seemed to look like Shaq and Kobe. In the Laker's 87, Grizzlies 84 win Bynum had 24pts and 7 rebounds, Farmer had 21 pts and 5 assists. I know it was just a summer league game, and nothing to get all hyped about.
If Farmer can show he can play D' in the NBA, I'm sure he'll get his min. It's a long shot, but he does have a shot at rookie of the year. I been following the players development very closely and believe the Laker's are going to do a-lot better then most people think.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I think Phillip will be forced to give Farmar minutes, despite his philosophy on rookies. At the Summer Pro League, he had amazing court presence and that surprised me more than any one aspect of his game.

The only concern I have is that he is a small guy relative to the other players in the NBA. I think he weighs like 170 or so? (correct me if im wrong). I would like to see him bulk up, and that just takes time.

I think he will turn out to be a gem.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I think he needs to get bigger too,

I mean hes only 19 (like me hahaha)

but he will get bigger workin out with kobe eventually.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Elebrond
I brick open layups

That not happen. Why?

Simply. KoBey Bryant get a lot Minute in the Game. Kobey charges too much the team.

Giving a little Credit, He can Win the smush posicion (I expect do it) and be done regular player. Assuming Phil Jackson see its His Development with the system of the triangle.

That is the Amazing Step for a 27 Draft Pick.

ElebronD
elebrond@yahoo.com
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elebrond
That not happen. Why?

Simply. KoBey Bryant get a lot Minute in the Game. Kobey charges too much the team.

Giving a little Credit, He can Win the smush posicion (I expect do it) and be done regular player. Assuming Phil Jackson see its His Development with the system of the triangle.

ElebronD
elebrond@yahoo.com

De donde vive Elebron? Gracias por escriba aqui.

Ok, my spanish is not very good, but I think its great to get Laker fans from outside the U.S. Welcome!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #7
Elebrond
I brick open layups

My English is so bad that you know that I am not From U.S ?

I'm From Puerto Rico. Thank's

ELebrond
elebrond@yahoo.com
Old 09-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #8
SoCalMike

Quote:
My English is so bad that you know that I am not From U.S ?

I'm From Puerto Rico. Thank's

ELebrond
elebrond@yahoo.com

I have been to Puerto Rico before.. its a beautiful country! Again, welcome to the forum. Your english is fine!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:45 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
That not happen. Why?

ElebronD
elebrond@yahoo.com

Welcome dude!.

But here is what I think...He can be great right away because he wasnt even supposed to be Picked number 27. he was supposed to be picked earlier.

So we got a steal pretty much we almost ended up with Guilermo diaz probably.

He was the drafts number 2 best point gaurd begind marcus williams who is apparenty out of shape.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Theres always a chance. Farmar has potential and has the skill he needs. He looks like hes in good shape for now..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #11
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

no chance. He's definitely not taking smush spot b/c smush is 2 nice w/ it n Roy Foye, Morrison r all prolly penciled in as starters so unless he pulls a Ben Gordon, I don't c him even....Isn't he like 3rd on the depth chart....that would b unheard of if he won.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
no chance. He's definitely not taking smush spot b/c smush is 2 nice w/ it n Roy Foye, Morrison r all prolly penciled in as starters so unless he pulls a Ben Gordon, I don't c him even....Isn't he like 3rd on the depth chart....that would b unheard of if he won.

Every person, all my friends, and even insidehoop's jeff thinks that Smush will eventually lose his spot to Jordan Farmar.

I think that can happen too. but smush has the better outside shot.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:14 AM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Every person, all my friends, and even insidehoop's jeff thinks that Smush will eventually lose his spot to Jordan Farmar.

I think that can happen too. but smush has the better outside shot.

Interesting... one thing I hope happens then, is that they develop a friendly rivalry that makes both players better. Now that would be fun to see them both get much better regardless of who ultimately starts.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:20 AM   #14
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Cool

- That is the Problem Smush is Very Inconsistent. He Has the Abilities, Big Movements, A Great Talent, I Like as Plays and Its Style.

- But Have a Problem, Big Problem. The Defense and The Offence.

- If You See at the Begining of the Last Season (2005-2006), He Star with some Qualities and Great Inspiration That All we Told us Smush is the Man, the Key for us Problems. Helping Kobey and Odom.

- What Happen Later . . . Smush Down Down Down The Glory that Obtained Go. For the Rest of the Season he only Move the Ball.

One Example (Big): Lakers vs Suns - Nash Play all Game with Him. 7 Games 7 Loss for Smush.

I Told You Seriously, we Need some Point Guard that wait the Presure of the Game and Defend the Other Players.

Smush not The Guy.

ELebrond
elebrond@yahoo.com
Old 09-19-2006, 12:44 AM   #15
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

Farmar may be the starter by the end of the year, but guys like Morrison, Roy, Foye, and Rudy Gay will get major minutes all year long, especially Morrision. Farmar may prove to be at their level by the end of the year, but he won't get enough playing time early on to get rookie of the year.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: