Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe he can participate in the rookie challenge and stuff if he's good enough...I wanna see more people besides kobe in the All star weekend event.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elebrond
But Have a Problem, Big Problem. The Defense and The Offence.

I would agree that Smush definitely needs work on his defensive footwork. I have said this for quite some time, so I agree totally. However, I do believe it is something he can improve on. He has good size and good skills. I do also believe he does have the ability to improve. He is still young.

That is why I hope between Farmar and Smush that they will both raise the bar to improve each other!

Farmar has way better court leadership though. It will be interesting to see how that leadership meshes with Kobe.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:01 AM   #18
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Farmar may be the starter by the end of the year, but guys like Morrison, Roy, Foye, and Rudy Gay will get major minutes all year long, especially Morrision. Farmar may prove to be at their level by the end of the year, but he won't get enough playing time early on to get rookie of the year.

MEN YOU COMPARED PLAYERS SELECTED IN THE FIRST 10 PICKS LIKE Morrison, Roy, Foye, and Rudy Gay.

FARMAR WAS SELECT No. 27. YOU NEED THINK THE DIFERENCE. MORRISON FIRST OVERALL PICK, ROY AND FOYE HAVE THE OPORTUNITIE TO STAR IN HIS RESPECTIVE TEAM. RUDY GAY THE SAME THING.

FARMAR NEED PROVE HE CAN PLAY AND NEED BE CONSISTENT IN HIS GAME TO STEAL DE POINT GUARD POSITION FROM SMUSH.

ELEBROND
elebrond@yahoo.com
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #19
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
MORRISON FIRST OVERALL PICK

????
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #20
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark
????

SORRY I KNOW HE WAS NOT THE FIRST OVERAL PICK , BUT HE MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST ONE, BECAUSE BARGANIN NOT DIRK AND NEED TO BE DEVELOP IN THE NBA LEAGUE.

FOR THIS REASON I THINK MORRISON MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST ONE.

ELEBROND
Old 09-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #21
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
SORRY I KNOW HE WAS NOT THE FIRST OVERAL PICK , BUT HE MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST ONE, BECAUSE BARGANIN NOT DIRK AND NEED TO BE DEVELOP IN THE NBA LEAGUE.

FOR THIS REASON I THINK MORRISON MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST ONE.

ELEBROND

aldridge was the 2nd pick tho....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #22
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
aldridge was the 2nd pick tho....

ALDRIGE IS BENCH IN PORTLAND . . . MORRISON MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST ONE IN THE DRAFT.

ELEBROND
Old 09-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #23
traditionone

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
ALDRIGE IS BENCH IN PORTLAND . . . MORRISON MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST ONE IN THE DRAFT.

ELEBROND

If Portland is smart, they will play their young kids (Jack, Roy, Webster, and Aldridge), and showcase Zach Randolph. The only person dumb enough to take him would be Isiah Thomas. If no one bites, sit Randolph and go with the youth movement.

Morrison has to prove he is better than Wally Z or Mike Miller. Can he defend players on the perimeter? Can he create his own shot?
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #24
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Wink

Quote:
If Portland is smart, they will play their young kids (Jack, Roy, Webster, and Aldridge), and showcase Zach Randolph. The only person dumb enough to take him would be Isiah Thomas. If no one bites, sit Randolph and go with the youth movement.

Morrison has to prove he is better than Wally Z or Mike Miller. Can he defend players on the perimeter? Can he create his own shot?

Morrison don't need Defend. He in the Team to Shoot not for defend. Finally He Can Create his Own Shoot. He Prove That in all NCAA Season Scoring 28.5 ppg. and Them in the Summer League Scoring 22.3 ppg.

Without Mentioning The Big Game where he Shoot 28 point per Half. You se That . . 28 Point in Each Half.

What do You Think . . Ha Can Create his Own Shoot or Not ?

ELebronD
Old 09-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #25
dblockallstars

Quote:

apparently denver had interest in getting him 4 kenyon martin
Old 09-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #26
dblockallstars

Quote:
Morrison don't need Defend. He in the Team to Shoot not for defend. Finally He Can Create his Own Shoot. He Prove That in all NCAA Season Scoring 28.5 ppg. and Them in the Summer League Scoring 22.3 ppg.

Without Mentioning The Big Game where he Shoot 28 point per Half. You se That . . 28 Point in Each Half.

ELebronD

I think traditionone was sayin that we all know he can score n create his own shot n what have u but 2 take his game 2 the next level n b a more complete player, that he'd have 2 play D etc,....but I kinda agree w/ you b/c Okafor is a great shot blocker n Wallace has big ben type defensive #'s, so the Cats just might need morriosn 2 fill that offensive void @ the wing.

Last edited by dblockallstars : 09-20-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #27
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Jordan Farmar definitely has game in him he has good court awareness (ala magic johnson)and has the potential to be a good floor general (ala avery johnson) with the ability to create for himself and for his teammates aswell, Jordan also looks to drive often and is very aggressive in penetrating to the hole. Jordans' a 3rd stringer at best (for now) behind Smush & Shammond and should
be considered a lucky dog if he doesn't get sent to the D League and knowing the triangle will help him to see a little more PT but the truth of the matter is he's still a ROOK that will be kept on a short leash inside phil's doghouse.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-20-2006 at 01:01 PM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can he at least evetually overtake shammond's spot? or does this all depend on how well shammond plays.

Because if shammond is i a slump I see different possibilities.

1) We waive him
2) We use farmar instead of him
3) we use sasha instead of him

what would be more reasonable?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #29
traditionone

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

ELebronD

You have to look at the kind of competition he played against. Gonzaga's schedule isn't exactly difficult. He didn't play in the ACC, Big 10, SEC, or any other power conference. When he plays against players more athletic than him, which will be practically every single game, can he create his own shot or will be a jumpshooter in the mold of Wally Z. He's not at Gonzaga anymore. He's in the NBA.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
You have to look at the kind of competition he played against. Gonzaga's schedule isn't exactly difficult. He didn't play in the ACC, Big 10, SEC, or any other power conference. When he plays against players more athletic than him, which will be practically every single game, can he create his own shot or will be a jumpshooter in the mold of Wally Z. He's not at Gonzaga anymore. He's in the NBA.

But he is the type that will find success right away because of his talents.

doesnt matter what competition he will play against because the guy has skills.

He will be better than wally Sczerbiak too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: