Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Yi's chemistry and B-ball IQ

I have been noticing this the last couple of games...
Lopez seems to be getting mad with Yi... I have watched Yi not try on D and then jump in front of players(from the same team) for the ball(from a reb)
You can tell Marv and czar are trying to ignore it and not tell the fans but it looks like most of the team mates are not to big of fans of Yi.
Last night:

Carter called out a play, He looked at Yi and signaled him to go around Young... Yi just sat there along the perimeter and VC had to throw up a deep 3 point attempt...while going up the court VC looked at him and rolled his eyes and said something(not sure what)

Then with Lopez twice Yi jumped in front of Lopez and stripped the ball away form Lopez. Lopez what I saw had the board and Yi was in the air came down with Lopez and grabbed the ball... Lopez just put his hands up and let Yi take it.
The later on in the game Brook yet again got the Reb and Yi knocks it out of his hands and one of the 76ers got the ball and was fouled...Brook immediately yelled something to Frank, Frank Yelled "come on Yi"... and before Frank was done Yi just turned around...

Is Yi an arrogant player?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Yi's chemistry and B-ball IQ

wow, interesting observances. i'm not very impressed with yi after watching this game closely but i completely missed those things. props to you, man.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I've been noticing it with Devin. Devin seems to get frustrated with Yi all the time, especially when Yi turns the ball over or doesn't lock down on defense.

I don't know, but Yi just seems lost out there at times, like he doesn't understand the offense at all. I see Devin and Vince constantly telling him where to go and what to do. Our offense isn't that complicated, is it? Maybe it's because he's still learning English. Maybe it's that he's still used to the offensive schemes he had in China. Or maybe he just isn't basketball savvy enough. After all, he's still really young, and it's only his second year.

It'll take some time before he understands his role better. Right now, he still has a lot of talent, and he's the main piece that we traded RJ for, so it's in the best interest of Frank and the other players to tutor him and show him how to use his talent more efficiently.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

I havent notice any of this. I just hope it isn't bad. I always see Carter give hi fives to Yi.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Maybe it's a little bit of the language barrier? Who knows...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I've been noticing it with Devin. Devin seems to get frustrated with Yi all the time, especially when Yi turns the ball over or doesn't lock down on defense.

I don't know, but Yi just seems lost out there at times, like he doesn't understand the offense at all. I see Devin and Vince constantly telling him where to go and what to do. Our offense isn't that complicated, is it? Maybe it's because he's still learning English. Maybe it's that he's still used to the offensive schemes he had in China. Or maybe he just isn't basketball savvy enough. After all, he's still really young, and it's only his second year.

It'll take some time before he understands his role better. Right now, he still has a lot of talent, and he's the main piece that we traded RJ for, so it's in the best interest of Frank and the other players to tutor him and show him how to use his talent more efficiently.
Yup, Devin, Lopez and Carter are the only one's i really noticed this from. Nice post.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ive notieced it also.
Like others have mentioned, I think its because hes still learning english. Ive seen him speak it before, its really shaky. Give him time though, look what happened to Yao. He even knows how to curse now.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Ive notieced it also.
Like others have mentioned, I think its because hes still learning english. Ive seen him speak it before, its really shaky. Give him time though, look what happened to Yao. He even knows how to curse now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4sqJ...eature=related

RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think Yao hung out with KG to much in his first 2 seasons. More and more people are saying he is becoming a trash talking big man.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #10
east_woods
I airball my layups

east_woods has an OK reputation so far

I know there are a lot of Yi haters in USA, that's not new, there are even more Yi haters in China. I know that some of you guys dont like him just because nets traded hime for your hero RJ, which is unacceptable for some nets fans. But I'd say the nets did a good job and it's totally worthy in a long run. I believe Yi will be better than RJ soon, not to mention from that trade nets got B.Simmons, whose agreement will expire soon,so that nets can jion the competition to get LBJ, IMO that's the real purpose of the trade.

Now I will tell you why I am so confident to Yi.

Yi started playing basketball very late when he was 12, and after 3 years he jioned the CBA(China), also after 4 years when he was 17 he became the youngest player of China National Team. You know Yao just started play CBA when he was 17.That's to say,this guy was improving all the time, and he still has big potential.

Speaking of Yi, you have to mention Yao. Yao's last season in CBA can get 33 pts 20 rebs 6 blocks, but Yi's last season in CBA can only get 19 pts 10 rebs.Obviously Yi was not as good as Yao, even Michael Harris (Rockets player last season) can get 30 pts 15 rebs in CBA. How about David Harrison (pacers player last season), he got 20 pts and 17 rebs. Do you think Micheal Harris and David Harrison are better players than Yi?

Yi scores most from mid-range and downtown. Yi put in 24 numbers of "3"s (24-52)in this season, compared he shoot 20 "3"s in total 5 seasons of CBA and only six "3"s(6-21) in last season, Yi really did a better job in downtown and he improved a lot on his shoot skill. That's a temporary suprise and the most important thing is he will become better, especially in the paint.

The biggest chanlleng for Yi in NBA is he's not tough enough to play in the paint.Yi played 5 in China and most of time he played in the paint, but in NBA he can only play 4, even in 4 his defense is not good because of his strength and experience. But with Yi's strength training,in 2 years he will be able to play in low post. Dont be surprised when you saw Yi score mostly by hook, fade-away,dunk in a near future.

US media always put Yi as a model of Dirk, but IMO if everything goes well Yi will be a Dirk-KG-like mixture or next Chris Bosh.This guy has too much to develop, he is the fastest and most athletic 7 footer player and this guy can jump (His parents were both the handball player of China Handball National Team), shoot at any place. He also got low-post techniques and skills, what he has to do now is to be stronger and stronger.

For an international player, Yi started getting more and more used to American Culture,language and all NBA teams, and he is still young, he has a good coach and good teammates. Sky is his limit if everything goes well, Let's just be patient. PG or SG is easily to be matured, but it will take 3-5 years for a Center or Big Forward to get matured, because they need to put on more muscles, overcome more injuries and learn more skills.

PTS REBS
Andrea Bargnani 11.6, 5.1
Andrew Bogut 11.0, 10.5
Darko Milicic 5.2 4.4
Yi 11.0 6.2

Let's remember the stats of these guys in this season, and we will see what's going on after 2 years.
east_woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by east_woods
I know there are a lot of Yi haters in USA, that's not new, there are even more Yi haters in China. I know that some of you guys dont like him just because nets traded hime for your hero RJ, which is unacceptable for some nets fans. But I'd say the nets did a good job and it's totally worthy in a long run. I believe Yi will be better than RJ soon, not to mention from that trade nets got B.Simmons, whose agreement will expire soon,so that nets can jion the competition to get LBJ, IMO that's the real purpose of the trade.

Now I will tell you why I am so confident to Yi.

Yi started playing basketball very late when he was 12, and after 3 years he jioned the CBA(China), also after 4 years when he was 17 he became the youngest player of China National Team. You know Yao just started play CBA when he was 17.That's to say,this guy was improving all the time, and he still has big potential.

Speaking of Yi, you have to mention Yao. Yao's last season in CBA can get 33 pts 20 rebs 6 blocks, but Yi's last season in CBA can only get 19 pts 10 rebs.Obviously Yi was not as good as Yao, even Michael Harris (Rockets player last season) can get 30 pts 15 rebs in CBA. How about David Harrison (pacers player last season), he got 20 pts and 17 rebs. Do you think Micheal Harris and David Harrison are better players than Yi?

Yi scores most from mid-range and downtown. Yi put in 24 numbers of "3"s (24-52)in this season, compared he shoot 20 "3"s in total 5 seasons of CBA and only six "3"s(6-21) in last season, Yi really did a better job in downtown and he improved a lot on his shoot skill. That's a temporary suprise and the most important thing is he will become better, especially in the paint.

The biggest chanlleng for Yi in NBA is he's not tough enough to play in the paint.Yi played 5 in China and most of time he played in the paint, but in NBA he can only play 4, even in 4 his defense is not good because of his strength and experience. But with Yi's strength training,in 2 years he will be able to play in low post. Dont be surprised when you saw Yi score mostly by hook, fade-away,dunk in a near future.

US media always put Yi as a model of Dirk, but IMO if everything goes well Yi will be a Dirk-KG-like mixture or next Chris Bosh.This guy has too much to develop, he is the fastest and most athletic 7 footer player and this guy can jump (His parents were both the handball player of China Handball National Team), shoot at any place. He also got low-post techniques and skills, what he has to do now is to be stronger and stronger.

For an international player, Yi started getting more and more used to American Culture,language and all NBA teams, and he is still young, he has a good coach and good teammates. Sky is his limit if everything goes well, Let's just be patient. PG or SG is easily to be matured, but it will take 3-5 years for a Center or Big Forward to get matured, because they need to put on more muscles, overcome more injuries and learn more skills.

PTS REBS
Andrea Bargnani 11.6, 5.1
Andrew Bogut 11.0, 10.5
Darko Milicic 5.2 4.4
Yi 11.0 6.2

Let's remember the stats of these guys in this season, and we will see what's going on after 2 years.

Great post.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #12
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

He's Soft and hasn't proven JACKSH*T to me so far...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #13
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
He's Soft and hasn't proven JACKSH*T to me so far...
He has proven to me that his J is smooth as silk!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #14
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
He has proven to me that his J is smooth as silk!

That is one thing that I will agree with. His J is silky smooth...but we need someone to slap some iron balls on that kid!
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: