Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #16
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is unbearable....

Thus my original question "what was the real play call at the end of the game"
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #17
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

I watched the postgame interview with Triano and he said that last play was a broken play, that wasn't suppose to happen.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
I watched the postgame interview with Triano and he said that last play was a broken play, that wasn't suppose to happen.

Well damn, how easy is it to break the Raptors plays then? Once they fail to inbound it to the right guy it's time for mass panic?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #19
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

again as someone said in here: we are one or two players away from winning most of these games. Thats a good sign and BC is seeing that.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
again as someone said in here: we are one or two players away from winning most of these games. Thats a good sign and BC is seeing that.
we're not a team looking for good signs.. If we were we'd still have Smitch. We showed good signs against several of the teams we lost against.,.. Moral victories are for non-playoff teams... And unless you guys have accepted us as a non-playoff team, it's not good enough anymore.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #21
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
we're not a team looking for good signs.. If we were we'd still have Smitch. We showed good signs against several of the teams we lost against.,.. Moral victories are for non-playoff teams... And unless you guys have accepted us as a non-playoff team, it's not good enough anymore.

Exactly. It's time to start wanting more. I don't care if Joey Graham looked fine....we lost. Bargs was a no show, so there, that cancels out the good news from Joey.

That game was painful to watch. We have a seriously flawed roster. Bosh doesn't get a free pass either.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #22
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

that is actually what i meant. With all the flaws this team has, we are still capable of beating some good teams. When BC makes the trades and gets the missing pieces, this team is going to be a very good team. Thats what i meant.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #23
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
One or two plays and we could've won the NJ game. I mean, even though we gave up a big lead, it was a fadeaway 3 from way back with a hand in his face that took it to OT.

Yea, great. Unfortunately in this one there was nobody with a hand in the shooter's face. In fact, Calderon got shook like Bryon Russel. F*cking great.

In what universe should Steve Blake be able to look like Michael Jordan, shaking off Calderon like he was nothing? That was sad.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #24
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

If only we still had Vince to give the ball to in those last few possessions each game this year, we might be 12-5 as much as i hate to say it! That last play was just awful, maybe he should have dished it off to Jermaine for the slamma jamma. It's gonna be ugly in Cleveland!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #25
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

The Raps need some practice time with the new coach.

B.C needs to pull the trigger on some kind of deal that strengthens our wings.

Its as black and white as that. If BC doesnt make a deal, its going to be a

lost year.

Its beyond me that that we can put Bosh 6'10, Jermaine 6"10 and Bargs 7"

out there and still get trounced on the boards.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #26
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

While that loss was painful, there were plenty of good signs. Flashes of great team defense, far more heart and pride: when they Portland went on a run they were able to fight back, and already a much improved fast break.

I wish they'd realize you have to feed Bargs early buckets inside early, to get his confidence up, though. I also want Triano to give him enough run to either: see if he work in the system/ highlight him for a trade. He's my favorite player, but if he doesn't jive with the best system move him for SF/SG that can. Having him hang around all year out of position does no one any good.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #27
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I agree with Valliant, there were flashes of improvement throughout the game, we just need more time to fix the flaws and/or make some roster moves to shore up our weak spots (which are plain as day)
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #28
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

This is the crucial moment of Bryan Colangelo's tenure. Right now the team look poor and I am much less confident that they will reach the playoffs this year than I was before Mitchell was fired (I don't know if Mitchell would ever have been the right man to take us to the next level, but he would probably at least have maintained the level we have already attained). Given the situation (Bosh's contract status, O'Neal's age + contract status), throwing a season away doesn't look like the brightest of moves but I am just about prepared to accept that if the Raptors can be greatly improved for next year (like genuine conference finalist threats) then the sacrifice will have been worth it.

So this is what I am expecting from Colangelo before the start of 09/10-

- a new coach who is either already in the NBA elite or has the potential to gatecrash it quickly (I'd prefer a high-risk high-reward gamble like Messina to a middling NBA coach like a J Van Gundy)

- a drastically upgraded roster with Bosh and Calderon aided by a star on the wing.

That is not easy, but if Colangelo is as good as his reputation, he'll deliver. If we end up with another average NBA coach and a roster about as flawed as the one we have now, then as far as I'm concerned he can go, and Bosh will go.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #29
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation

I think there is far too much panicing going on. I'm hearing people talking about trading Bosh and rehauling the roster. It's a dry spell. One that where there's been a coaching change. Give it some time. I think we are one player away from being a legit contender. Yes, Bosh has played bad and yes the team has looked brutal. But I think they've had a tough schedule. Hopefully management will approve going over the luxary tax. I do believe they are a small piece away from turning this thing around.

Keep the faith!
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #30
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN

B.C needs to pull the trigger on some kind of deal that strengthens our wings.

Its as black and white as that.
If BC doesnt make a deal, its going to be a

lost year.

And that's pretty much what i'm getting at. I'm not pushing the panic button, sure we could scratch and claw our way into the 7th or 8th seed and get trounced by the Cavs or Celtics in the playoffs, but the point is that just making the playoffs is no longer our goal. With our current team as is, even when it gels, and gets accustomed to Jay Triano's system, is still not an upper eschalan team in the east, and that's the main point. We definitely need a move to be made, and soon if we don't want to remain a middle of the pack team at best.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: