Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: This is unbearable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Yea, great. Unfortunately in this one there was nobody with a hand in the shooter's face. In fact, Calderon got shook like Bryon Russel. F*cking great.

In what universe should Steve Blake be able to look like Michael Jordan, shaking off Calderon like he was nothing? That was sad.
and I fault the players for that of course, but i'm more upset with our late game offensive scheme's than I am with Blake going off on us. I believe that a sign of a great team is a team that knows how to win close games... I know that we didn't play a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination but we defnitely have glaring roster flaws that need to be fixed ASAP.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #32
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
The Raps need some practice time with the new coach.

B.C needs to pull the trigger on some kind of deal that strengthens our wings.

Its as black and white as that. If BC doesnt make a deal, its going to be a

lost year.

Smartest thing I've heard all day.

And I mean that. You guys read some of the Blazers homers in that Aldridge/Fernandez for Bosh/Moon thread? Apparently in 5 years time nobody on Portland's roster will have been traded, even if it means they're $900 million over the cap.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #33
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:

And I mean that. You guys read some of the Blazers homers in that Aldridge/Fernandez for Bosh/Moon thread? Apparently in 5 years time nobody on Portland's roster will have been traded, even if it means they're $900 million over the cap.
Maritimers are as smart as they come.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #34
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard

what is promising for the blazers though is that the contracts of lafrentz and francis come off the books.. so thats about 28M.. and darius miles contract is up next year at 9M.. so they can easily re-sign aldridge, roy and webster.. im not sure what they are going to do with outlaw, blake, diogu and frye.. they may be able to re-sign another one of those players but maybe trade? But another thing that looks bright is that bayless, fernandez and batum are all signed to 2012 for about 1M per year.. WHY CAN'T THE RAPTORS HAVE THIS KIND OF TALENT SIGNED LONG-TERM FOR THIS CHEAP.. arrgh scouting..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #35
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Maritimers are as smart as they come.

+1
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #36
bokes15
Playoffs!

Surprisingly i'm not that mad that we got decimated tonight... I hope BC is watching.......
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #37
RapsFan
Great college starter

5-12 since our 3-0 start.....
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:19 AM   #38
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
5-12 since our 3-0 start.....

Ouch, yeah it's been a rough strech to try and watch these fools play...

Was, just thinking it might be time to blow this mother up. I mean not completley, but it's pretty obvious this team aint goin NOWHERE. The roster needs a shakeup, we gotta get an upgrade on D wings-wise, and just a new team philosophy/theory/gameplan (Is Triano the man to do this?) doubt it.

Keep JO and Bosh I guess (That combo should actually be killer...hence need for new gameplan). But I might already be sold on the Calderon era, I know he still has potental and already serious talent, but his defense is pretty horrendous and if a team will give up some good assets(matching new gameplan), let him go, same for O'neal if someone want's that huge contract and lebron/rest of 2010 free-agent class bad enough. Our perimiter defense is HORRID, I'm thinkin Augustine and Aldridge in a massive 3 or 4-way trade(lmao). I mean give up Bargnani, Calderon, a first rounder and someone else and we could get some serious talent bi tches....

In conclusion something needs done. I guess it can wait, atleats until the all-star break, or until a good deal emerges(let Colangelo work his magic) but we need a shakeup, and from what I've seen so far this season the only untouchable is Bosh. He doesn't look too happy out there guys! We only have 2 and a half years(?) to show him what we got and if it's not good enough he could bolt. I know we'll have the most money but anything could happen. Bosh is a GREAT guy, and for that reason who knows what could happen. Alot of people (Americans) think he's crazy to intend on staying in Canada to begin with but he's so stand up and loyal, he thinks he will be here. But in 2 years, he might decide family is more important, or winning a championship, anything.

Yeah, I got way off topic there at the end, but surely w'ere probly gonna need a shakeup, maybe not tommorow, maybe not a month...but damnit we need one.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:33 AM   #39
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Cool
Ouch, yeah it's been a rough strech to try and watch these fools play...

Was, just thinking it might be time to blow this mother up. I mean not completley, but it's pretty obvious this team aint goin NOWHERE. The roster needs a shakeup, we gotta get an upgrade on D wings-wise, and just a new team philosophy/theory/gameplan (Is Triano the man to do this?) doubt it.

Keep JO and Bosh I guess (That combo should actually be killer...hence need for new gameplan). But I might already be sold on the Calderon era, I know he still has potental and already serious talent, but his defense is pretty horrendous and if a team will give up some good assets(matching new gameplan), let him go, same for O'neal if someone want's that huge contract and lebron/rest of 2010 free-agent class bad enough. Our perimiter defense is HORRID, I'm thinkin Augustine and Aldridge in a massive 3 or 4-way trade(lmao). I mean give up Bargnani, Calderon, a first rounder and someone else and we could get some serious talent bi tches....

In conclusion something needs done. I guess it can wait, atleats until the all-star break, or until a good deal emerges(let Colangelo work his magic) but we need a shakeup, and from what I've seen so far this season the only untouchable is Bosh. He doesn't look too happy out there guys! We only have 2 and a half years(?) to show him what we got and if it's not good enough he could bolt. I know we'll have the most money but anything could happen. Bosh is a GREAT guy, and for that reason who knows what could happen. Alot of people (Americans) think he's crazy to intend on staying in Canada to begin with but he's so stand up and loyal, he thinks he will be here. But in 2 years, he might decide family is more important, or winning a championship, anything.

Yeah, I got way off topic there at the end, but surely w'ere probly gonna need a shakeup, maybe not tommorow, maybe not a month...but damnit we need one.

agreed.. theres no sense in talking about it constantly though.. BC will get something done.. he only thing im eager to see is how hes going to pull off something substantial without giving up bargs
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:49 AM   #40
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Haha, ya we know he aint leting go of his baby...Although it might be necssesary, sadly.

Last edited by Too_Cool : 12-10-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: