Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Do You Regret Jefferson Trade?

It seems like all the Nets are really lacking is a small forward as Bobby Simmons is definitely not a starting caliber player in the league in my opinion. If Jefferson was never traded this team could be pretty scary (assuming Harris and Carter play like they have been thus far the season).

Do you guys with that Jefferson was never traded? I know that if he was still on the roster Harris and Carter would have to give up some shots and all that but just wondering what your guys thoughts are. What do you think the Nets would be like if they never traded Jefferson?
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do You Regret Jefferson Trade?

If Jefferson wasnt traded I can guarantee Harris wouldnt be playing this well.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nope, he was a ballhog, who did not mesh well with VC. I just wish we could have gotten something better than Yi Jianlian. Yi just does not seem to like or comprehend basketball. A competent 4 to pair with Brooke would have been a better use of Jefferson.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
It seems like all the Nets are really lacking is a small forward as Bobby Simmons is definitely not a starting caliber player in the league in my opinion. If Jefferson was never traded this team could be pretty scary (assuming Harris and Carter play like they have been thus far the season).

Do you guys with that Jefferson was never traded? I know that if he was still on the roster Harris and Carter would have to give up some shots and all that but just wondering what your guys thoughts are. What do you think the Nets would be like if they never traded Jefferson?

Honestly, gotta give a big fat "NO" on that one (I still like Jefferson though). Harris wasn't going to excel with RJ in town. Your right, RJ would be taking some of Devin's shots, but I just can't see that trio going anywhere. They need a more defensive style player at the SF position rather than RJ, who plays quite similar to VC, in which they do not need. Plus Devin's has better shot selection than RJ, and fits Frank's style perfectly.

It's best to go in a new direction and build from there. Just my opinion.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

good question, signor italiano.

i'm not real thrilled with yi right now (specific comments in the game thread) and i'm not sure we got good value for RJ. those are my concerns.

OTOH for being a no-name player simmons is playing well, and more importantly i'm not sure if RJ could function here any longer for two reasons: first, because his contract is balky and it's not clear he's worth the money. second, because IMO he took a real step back last season. i mean, yes, he became a bigger scorer, but just as importantly his defense dropped off a lot. that, and he was on the road to becoming a chronic whiner according to some sources. so i'm sorry to see him go on one hand, but i'm not sure if would have worked out if he had stayed.

we don't need him to shoot jumpers, move the ball around or drive the ball with this collection of players. he was good at all these things but not great nor irreplaceable.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool

Yes, indeed. The Nets could have been a top 4 team in this conference with this line-up:

C Brook Lopez
PF Sean Williams
SF Richard Jefferson
SG Vince Carter
PG Devin Harris

Too bad the front office wanted Bobby Simmons' expiring contract in 2010 to release salary space, which makes the Nets not even a favorable choice for a play-off team according to most experts earlier in this season.
The Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Come on, this is an even worse trade than the Lakers-Grizzlies trade unless we somehow manage to launch LBJ in 2010. Like The Nets said, we could have ranked No.4 in this conference with RJ instead of Simmons.

This is exactly why I hate the Nets team owner since he intends to save money while counting on the possibility of Yi's Chinese Market. Bruce Ratner is by far the worst Team owner in this league since he's the only one who successfully destroyed a title contender and turned his team into a non-playoff team.

Why didn't he sell the Nets to Russians in the beginning of this season? Tell me why!
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #8
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Come on, this is an even worse trade than the Lakers-Grizzlies trade unless we somehow manage to launch LBJ in 2010. Like The Nets said, we could have ranked No.4 in this conference with RJ instead of Simmons.

This is exactly why I hate the Nets team owner since he intends to save money while counting on the possibility of Yi's Chinese Market. Bruce Ratner is by far the worst Team owner in this league since he's the only one who successfully destroyed a title contender and turned his team into a non-playoff team.

Why didn't he sell the Nets to Russians in the beginning of this season? Tell me why!

You're relentless, aren't you?

Btw, why are you agreeing with yourself?

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 12-08-2008 at 01:18 AM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110

I'm sorry but what are you talking about?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

in this thread we're talking about how bruce ratner is a great owner, right?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #11
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110

Probably because nobody else ever agrees with him.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #12
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Probably because nobody else ever agrees with him.

Come on you guys, how come you regard The Nets as my alias? I hope you are just making a joke on me...
Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 AM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i figured out a long time ago that your alias is bruce ratner.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:55 AM   #14
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Okay let's get back to the topic. Honestly, I did think we need to move RJ sooner or later since he apparently didn't seem to fit the Nets anymore. However, trading RJ for Bobby Simmons and Yi Jianlian was still retarded, and I don't consider it was the idea of Rod Thorn. Bruce Ratner must have played a significant role in this trade in order to dump RJ's contract for nothing but salary space(even no draft picks!!!). In order to evaluate a trade made by the Nets, we have to look at what we get in return.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #15
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Come on you guys, how come you regard The Nets as my alias? I hope you are just making a joke on me...

I don't know. Same sentence structure, mannerisms, and you both used that same avatar. Oh yeah, and you both say "play-off" instead of "playoffs," and it annoys the hell out of me for some reason.

Yep, it's your alias.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: