Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 AM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Joakim Noah should have left for the draft

Joakim Noah is dumb for staying in college. whats the point of staying in school u won a national title and your draft stock couldnt be any higher if he left he couldve been possibly the #1 pick, it not goin to happen next year because u got greg oden. he's athletic, he is a great defender and shot blocker all he had to do was gain some weight and he would have been good.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:23 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

Tough call. If someone just wants to chase money, it makes sense to go pro the second you know you are a lottery pick. But if someone cares about enjoying life more than chasing money, maybe it's understandable to prolong college if it's fun

Or something
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Tough call. If someone just wants to chase money, it makes sense to go pro the second you know you are a lottery pick. But if someone cares about enjoying life more than chasing money, maybe it's understandable to prolong college if it's fun

Or something

you still have to admit, that was an incredibly idiot move by Anders- I mean Joakim
Old 06-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

No, college is probably the best time of your life (or H.S. depending on the person you are) and I don't think he wants to leave yet. He could prove he is the #1 definite pick for next season's draft or be a sure fire #2 pick. If he ends up having a better year then Oden people might think he is the better player.

If Noah wins another championship and has a stellar season, he could be on that list of greats who played college bball w/ Walton, Alcindor, Laettner.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #5
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

Noah needs to fine tune his game anyway, why not work on his game at Florida where he'll get lots of minutes and oppurtunities to shine? His game that made him a lotto pick this year isn't going to go away, and Noah will likely improve his play more by staying in school then he would have by jumping to the NBA. I think Noah is wise for staying in and not jumping right away, he'll come out a much more ready-to-go player than those with "raw" "potential" and little game sense.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
jnossaman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

His style of basketball needs to be worked on, he will not have that success in the NBA, Dennis Rodman type player.
jnossaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i don't understand why people care if he entered the draft or not.

unless you're so mooch friend of his who can't make a living on your own....it really shouldn't matter.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:57 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
i don't understand why people care if he entered the draft or not.

Because it's about speculation about where he would have gone in the draft, how it would have affected others, where he'll go next year, etc
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

Quote:
Because it's about speculation about where he would have gone in the draft, how it would have affected others, where he'll go next year, etc

i can understand someone wanting to know how his decision will effect the draft, but to call him stupid for not leaving when he was a guaranteed top three pick is sad.

you guys should be happy someone decided to stay another year cause it only makes college bball stronger. he's also rich already.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #10
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default re

Ya his pops has money, and he will have insurance thatīll pay him out if he sustains a major injury that holds him back from the NBA.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #11
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

He wouldn't lasted longer than no. 5 where the Hawks picked this year.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #12
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

he's still projected to go top three right now.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

First of all, there is no way he is gonna be the #1 pick next year, short of a career ending injury to Greg Oden. Career wise, he should have left this year.
But as a personal choice, who are we to judge him. He won the national title, his whole team is coming back, including two potential lotto picks in him and Al Horford. They made a choice to come back together and try to win another title.

The public often criticize the attitudes of young players, it is said they leave college to early and all that. And Joakim Noah is nothing of all that. I have to guess, but there is no way I could imagine him being a bad teammate. He doesnt come over as arrogant and is a total team player.
How in the world can anyone say he made a bad choice to stay at college. That is beyond me.

Add to that that he does not have to care about money at all.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:31 AM   #14
hateraid
Is it in you?

Dudes got money anyways. His pops was a successful top notch athlete. He doesn't need the money. His stock may drop, but he'll be thankful for the experience.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
First of all, there is no way he is gonna be the #1 pick next year, short of a career ending injury to Greg Oden. Career wise, he should have left this year.
But as a personal choice, who are we to judge him. He won the national title, his whole team is coming back, including two potential lotto picks in him and Al Horford. They made a choice to come back together and try to win another title.

The public often criticize the attitudes of young players, it is said they leave college to early and all that. And Joakim Noah is nothing of all that. I have to guess, but there is no way I could imagine him being a bad teammate. He doesnt come over as arrogant and is a total team player.
How in the world can anyone say he made a bad choice to stay at college. That is beyond me.

Add to that that he does not have to care about money at all.

co-sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
Joakim Noah is dumb for staying in college. whats the point of staying in school u won a national title and your draft stock couldnt be any higher if he left he couldve been possibly the #1 pick, it not goin to happen next year because u got greg oden. he's athletic, he is a great defender and shot blocker all he had to do was gain some weight and he would have been good.

I don't think I've ever heard anbody say you're dumb for staying in college. Isn't that some kind of oxymoron? But considering your username is "brooklynchild155", you're obviously from Brooklyn so I guess it would be stupid to stay in school and pass up an opportunity at a guaranteed million for being a lottery pick.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: