Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 AM   #1
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Arrow Why Jordan isnt in Any Baskeball games?

Refer to my Title, I only saw Jordan in NBA live 03.

Why u think why they didnt put hin there?

anyways Jeffrey Jordan is a Joke..He's Just a litlle joke who runs around the court.. No Offense.

I think Jordan Would be the best player.. he's rating would be 99!!

I noticed something in NBA live Series, the players oVerall Rating is low, i mean when i played NBa live 05 I noticed that there players sucks comparing to NBA 2k's's ..if you dont get what i mean then i guess just dont bother to reply O.o
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why Jordan isnt in Any Baskeball games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
Refer to my Title, I only saw Jordan in NBA live 03.

Why u think why they didnt put hin there?

anyways Jeffrey Jordan is a Joke..He's Just a litlle joke who runs around the court.. No Offense.

I think Jordan Would be the best player.. he's rating would be 99!!

I noticed something in NBA live Series, the players oVerall Rating is low, i mean when i played NBa live 05 I noticed that there players sucks comparing to NBA 2k's's ..if you dont get what i mean then i guess just dont bother to reply O.o

They lost the rights to him after a few games...I remember both nba live 00 and nba live 02 had him but i think 03 was the last to have him....I think that's why they don't have 50's/60's/70's/80's/90's all star teams on the game now

He was 99 rating in both games i had.

I've also noticed that the players are ranked higher in 2k than live i think thats because 2k must go by 1 is worst nba player and 99 is best nba player type thing and live goes by 1 is worst 99 is perfect type thing. Live has never been one to rate someone perfect on its games... I think Kobe and Garnett being 97 is highest they've ever had besides Jordan

Last edited by AJ2k8 : 12-08-2008 at 03:26 AM.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
They lost the rights to him after a few games...I remember both nba live 00 and nba live 02 had him but i think 03 was the last to have him....I think that's why they don't have 50's/60's/70's/80's/90's all star teams on the game now

He was 99 rating in both games i had.

I've also noticed that the players are ranked higher in 2k than live i think thats because 2k must go by 1 is worst nba player and 99 is best nba player type thing and live goes by 1 is worst 99 is perfect type thing. Live has never been one to rate someone perfect on its games... I think Kobe and Garnett being 97 is highest they've ever had besides Jordan

on what NBA live? or 2k?

if its Nba live then ok i didnt know.. well on 2k you're wrong Lebron James was on 98 and im not sure if his the highest though...but why did they loose the rights??
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
on what NBA live? or 2k?

if its Nba live then ok i didnt know.. well on 2k you're wrong Lebron James was on 98 and im not sure if his the highest though...but why did they loose the rights??

I won't swear to it, but I think it has to do with Jordan signing exclusive rights with another company.

Because ironically, back in the late 80's early 90's, EA did a Michael Jordan video game for the PC called Michael Jordan In Flight Basketball. So it's clear that at one point, they had his rights. Why they lost them, I don't know.

The only players I can remember not being in a game due to a rights issue, are players who had their own game out like Barkley and Shaq.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

I thought it was because when it came time to resign some agreement, Jordan didn't sign. That seems pretty stupid, because having himself in a video game would be a good business move to make sure young kids who only got to see him in highlight videos would ensure his legacy "lived" on.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
Kobe8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I won't swear to it, but I think it has to do with Jordan signing exclusive rights with another company.

Because ironically, back in the late 80's early 90's, EA did a Michael Jordan video game for the PC called Michael Jordan In Flight Basketball. So it's clear that at one point, they had his rights. Why they lost them, I don't know.

The only players I can remember not being in a game due to a rights issue, are players who had their own game out like Barkley and Shaq.

Mathius

Barkley and shaq has there own game?

Google never gaved me any good result, what was the name of the game?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Shaq has a game called Shaq-Fu for Sega Genesis. It's an action fighter game.

Jordan had a game back in the days called "Chaos in the Windy City". It was an action game for the Genesis as well I think.

I was under the impression that Jordan messed up and lost his rights when he signed the contract for that game... and thus has never been licensed to be in another game.

However, some people in this thread said he was in NBA Live... so I'm not sure what's up.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #8
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
on what NBA live? or 2k?

This is on Live series...Kobe and KG (if i remember correctly) had 97 rating on 04... But there could've been higher because i didn't play live05-07
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:27 AM   #9
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jordan,Pippen,Stockton all did not resign their contracts after NBA Live 2003
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'd say he's just pulling a Barry Bonds move and just being an ass.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #11
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Yeah, Barkley had one called shut up and jam or something for Genesis and SNES I think.

The others are listed above. I think Shaq had more than one game actually.. I know he had Shaq Fu... I thought he had one later on the N64 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
Jordan,Pippen,Stockton all did not resign their contracts after NBA Live 2003

I think it's more complicated than that. I don't for one second believe that EA Sports had to get agreements from every player in the league to be in their video game. Could you imagine them having to get a signature from Danny Ferry and Tim Kempton way on the end of the Cavs bench? Why would they bother?

I think they sign a general contract with the NBA players association that gives them general rights to the players. I think Jordan, Shaq, Barkely, etc. weren't available because they had separate licensing agreements.

IIRC, PIppen and Stockton were both in Live games after 03.

I think Barkley only missed one year or so. I'm not sure Shaq missed any years.

Mathius
Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If Jordan was in a game, they'd have to have an actual stat for 'clutchness' just to make the avatar's abilities that believable.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #13
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1cOvZ3nS8
Charles Barkley RPG as funny as that sounds
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #14
dogman652
Serious playground baller

dogman652 has decent reputation

i just adjust the ratings if i think they're wrong. but Live 09 has helped me out this year...
dogman652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #15
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1cOvZ3nS8
Charles Barkley RPG as funny as that sounds

Actually, that game was something of a homebrew and was "unofficial"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkley...nd_Jam:_Gaiden

The original shut up and jam was a street basketball game of some sort.

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: