Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #16
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why Jordan isnt in Any Baskeball games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1cOvZ3nS8
Charles Barkley RPG as funny as that sounds

I actually played through that one. It was interesting, I'll leave it at that.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #17
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat coolMiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
They lost the rights to him after a few games...I remember both nba live 00 and nba live 02 had him but i think 03 was the last to have him....I think that's why they don't have 50's/60's/70's/80's/90's all star teams on the game now

He was 99 rating in both games i had.

I've also noticed that the players are ranked higher in 2k than live i think thats because 2k must go by 1 is worst nba player and 99 is best nba player type thing and live goes by 1 is worst 99 is perfect type thing. Live has never been one to rate someone perfect on its games... I think Kobe and Garnett being 97 is highest they've ever had besides Jordan

wrong. live 2004 was the last time they had jordan in an nba video game.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #18
TootsieRoll
Kids at the park dunk on me

TootsieRoll has an OK reputation so far

Maybe because Jordan abused his rights?
TootsieRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #19
El Seano
Hey Boston! **** you!

El Seano has an OK reputation so far

MJ isn't in the games anymore because he's been out of the league for a while and the reason NBA games are allowed to use the real players names is because they pay the players association (in essence the league) for the rights to use them. Players rights are still retained for a year or two after they leave the league I believe so the last games to feature MJ in was NBA Live 04 and I'm not sure if 2k4 had him but 2k3 definately did. NBA Street Vol.2 also had three different versions of him.

This applies to lots of players, if you watch over the years the classics teams in games are getting absolutely awful. I think Chris Mullin starts for 90's teams in 2k9 and they've taken to using young versions of existing players. But look at the 70's and 80's teams and youll often see glaring emissions because the game producers cant get the rights and won't pay for them.
El Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jordan was in NBA Street. You could be 80's and 90's Jordan.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #21
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

In NBA live 96 in the snes you'd have to "create" the rookies using create-a-player. I remmeber once you put "garnett", a special chime rings and Kevin Garnett is automatically made.

Same for Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley. You just put in "Jordan" and "Barkley".

But maybe they caught on afterwards because on NBA live 97, you'd see Michael Jordan as a 6'5 SG named Roster99 with a 99 rating.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #22
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation

Jordan was in a couple games in the early 90's.

I used to have a game by EA called Bulls vs Blazers. It was basically what Live was before it was called live. Before that game was Lakers vs Cetics and Bulls vs Lakers. Jordan was in those games.

I also had a nintendo game called Jordan vs Bird. You could play one on one, have a dunk contest or a 3 point contest.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Got this from WikiAnswers

not sure if its right but it says that MJ wants more money than they're offering
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #25
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
In NBA live 96 in the snes you'd have to "create" the rookies using create-a-player. I remmeber once you put "garnett", a special chime rings and Kevin Garnett is automatically made.

NBA Live 96, Best Live game ever created. By following the steps above, u were actually able to unlock pretty much EVERY legend possible, put in Bob Cousy, boom, hes there.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #26
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
NBA Live 96, Best Live game ever created. By following the steps above, u were actually able to unlock pretty much EVERY legend possible, put in Bob Cousy, boom, hes there.

No doubt. Used to make 4 or 5 custom teams with that unlock featuring some all-time greats. Didn't even have to make ratings for them either.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: