Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Timberwolves fire coach Randy Wittman, Kevin McHale takes over

I called it on draftday, this team has no direction. They made a great pick in May who could have failed there need as a go-to guy and been a great compliment with Al on the perimeter but they traded him for another in 4 in Kevin Love who doesn't even have superstar potential. This team is among the worst you could build around a star big man, and are headed for the lottery again for what the 4th or 5th straight year? Its time to get rid of McHale and give the GM job to Fred Hoiberg.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I still can't believe he traded OJ Mayo for Kevin Love. At least with the Brandon Roy trade, I can somewhat understand that blunder since Roy wasn't considered to be such a hot NBA prospect, but there has been so much hype for OJ Mayo, and so far it was well deserved.
Roy was considered the most ready NBA prospect out of that entire class.

Foye was like the only senior, and those 2 are on just 2 different levels. The Roy and Foye trade is the type that sets a franchise back a decade. The Love/Mayo is just pure dumbassery, especially when the centerpiece you get back is the position you dont need to be filled.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #18
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I still can't believe he traded OJ Mayo for Kevin Love. At least with the Brandon Roy trade, I can somewhat understand that blunder since Roy wasn't considered to be such a hot NBA prospect, but there has been so much hype for OJ Mayo, and so far it was well deserved.

ya pretty stupid move
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Losing Roy and then Mayo ? I don't think I could handle it.

I am still trying to get over the Korolev over Granger pick but losing those two are far, far worse.

Al Jeff + either of those guys would be a solid core.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #20
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Wow.....at this point even Kevin McHale is asking "What must I do for them to finally fire me!?"
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #21
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Losing Roy and then Mayo ? I don't think I could handle it.

I am still trying to get over the Korolev over Granger pick but losing those two are far, far worse.

Al Jeff + either of those guys would be a solid core.

I would say Al Jeff + Roy + Mayo = playoffs.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #22
TheGame
Serious playground baller

TheGame has an OK reputation so far

They need to hire Sam Mitchell bring him back to Minnesota where he had a great career there. He's a great coach to help develop all the young players there just look at what he did in Toronto with Bosh and Calderon.
TheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #23
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Bout dang time!! We need to put in a call for Avery Johnson and Flip before the season is over. Heck before the month is over. We still have time.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #24
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i completely forgot about the roy for foye trade... goddamn that was retarded.

wolves could be pretty decent with roy, they could have a lineup like this..

roy
miller
gomes
love
jefferson

or this if they wanted everyone to play their true positions..

telfair
roy
miller
love
jefferson

not bad.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #25
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can a Wolves fan tell me how well AlJeff and Keb=vin Love play together? I havnt seen many games. Im wondering how and if they are going to be a capable duo on the court at the same time
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #26
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: I'm sorry Minny fans, Wittman fired, McHale takes over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west
oh no..........................
McFail is the only person in the NBA comparable with Isiah Thomas
Backwards.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #27
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I still can't believe he traded OJ Mayo for Kevin Love.
Ditto. Yet there were a surprising # of people here defending the move. I don't have the time to search for the threads, but posters were actually defending Lurch for drafting a potential All-Star, then trading him for an average PF who will soon be fat and out of shape again.

Seriously, how does one person in an executive position make so many bad decisions and still hold on to their gig?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow...
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #29
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

BUT ... BUT...

MCHALE STEPS DOWN FROM GM!!!!!!!! (according to espn.)
no party emoticon? well
party party party party.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #30
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like Fire McFail Please will come back to ISH soon.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: