Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What Is A Contender?

i have a question? What is a contender in your opinion?
My definition would be an entity which is in competition for a championship at the present moment. Or one the best trying to be the best.
And my second question in terms of the nba is, do you think the CHICAGO BULLS ARE CONTENDERS?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:02 AM   #2
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
My definition would be an entity which is in competition for a championship at the present moment.

Umm then we would have 30 contenders...

Bulls are not contenders, but if they get one low post scorer then they become contenders straight away.

We will win a championship before the knicks are even in the playoffs again, sorry just thought i would share that opinion.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet

Bulls are not contenders, but if they get one low post scorer then they become contenders straight away.

We will win a championship before the knicks are even in the playoffs again, sorry just thought i would share that opinion.
You are entitled to that. I doubt that though
Old 09-20-2006, 04:02 AM   #4
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Not going to start a fight but to the Knicks fan, what makes you think the Knicks has the pieces to win and go to the playoffs this season or any other?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:35 AM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

a contender would be a team that is in the top tier of the conference. a team that has a legit chance of beating out the competition. with the offseason moves the bulls had and their ability last year to get to the second round, i would consider them contenders.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

There's proof everyone heard it even some of you Knicks fans can't deny anything because a Spurs fan said that the Bulls are contenders. What else do you need? The Spurs have been contenders every year since they first won it all in 1999, then in 2003, and finally in 2005. So seeing a Spurs fan say something good about the Bulls must mean we're legitamate contenders. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about and I totally agree with him.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 09-21-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
Not going to start a fight but to the Knicks fan, what makes you think the Knicks has the pieces to win and go to the playoffs this season or any other?

I truly believe that since Zeke brought these guys together, and they have his trust for starters. That means alot in any sport. Then the talent level which isn't great but it's good although we really don't have a legitmate post presence. Now the playoff race will be tough for any team not named miami, detroit. Im not gonna fight with you guys no more either but honestly, Ben Wallace signing seem to be a win now signing. Your coach will have to change his style to a more half court to be efffective. I watched quite a bit of games from every team last year, but i paid more attention to detroit only because i wanted to see how they were winning their games. Logging over 35 minutes per starter was part of it but the newly installed offense by flip opened up their more offensive capacity. The only starter it truly did hurt was Ben because as the team ran, Ben was the last to come half court alot due to the push of the balll. They capped on their infamous late second qtr, mid 3rd, and 4th quarter runs of 8-10 runs. If you could withstand those you could win. But you had to be strong defensively which most teams weren't where zone defenses best match the offenses.Ben truly didn't fit in it which made it so easy for him to leave.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
vmdv12

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

OH MY LORD!!! Knicks fans just won't leave it alone. At least you're not coming in a rage. I think this just shows that New York and Chicago fans are very passionate when it comes to our teams! THAT is something to be proud of! About the Knicks....they have nice pieces in place. I still believe they have to get rid of some pieces though. You can't have 2 shoot first guards like Crawford and Marbury and expect to get the most out of Curry or Frye. We had Crawford for a few years, we all know how he plays. He has skills but he'll never be a pass first guard. He was our LEADING scorer and we traded him away and made the playoffs the following year. Speaking of that. The next year we traded away our leading scorer, once again, and MADE THE PLAYOFFS again!! Do you people realize that??? Two years in a row the Chicago Bulls traded their LEADING scorer and we still made the playoffs. All these fans who say Ben Wallace will slow us down don't realize how limited Tyson Chandler was for us. They don't realize that in the Bulls offense we have right NOW, the BIG MEN are used to set screens more than anything. Tyson was NOT an offensive option. He was TERRIBLE at holding on to the ball. Ben is actually better than Tyson offensively. He at least can go up strong, Tyson can't. When is that last time Tyson actually dunked ON someone? He can't! BOTH players are terrible free throw shooters, so we haven't improved in that area. I don't see how replacing Tyson with Ben is going to make us worse!! WHY??!!?!?! Answer that please!! Also, how is adding P.J. Brown to the starting lineup, who is an 85% free shooter, going to make us worse???!! Back to the Knicks...I like Frye, Curry and Lee. They are great LONG TERM pieces. They will not grow like they need to with Crawford and Marbury dominating the scoring.

Lastly ....why is it that Knicks fans only rag on Wallace but they won't even mention P.J. Brown??? They have Crawford, Curry and even Rose. All former Bulls players and they are caught up in the POTENTIAL just like we were. Trade them now while they have value!!!

To answer your question...( sorry I got off track lol) I don't think the Knicks are contenders yet. The Bulls are for the next 2 maybe 3 years as long as they are healthy. To be a contender you have to first MAKE the playoffs. The Bulls have the past 2 years. You also need veteran league wide respect. The Bulls have that, EVEN the young players. Wallace and Brown add much respect and skill!!! Keep in mind we have that diamond in the rough, Tyrus Thomas and I guess even Thabo Sefolosha to develop at a stress free rate. Chemistry is also needed. We have that. Our core is playing great together and we added Wallace who like you guys say is terrible offensively so he won't get in the way of our 4 top scorers, our MAIN guys. The Knicks will start getting that chemistry this year and that will be great for them.

Last edited by vmdv12 : 09-24-2006 at 10:34 AM.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #9
KnickFan4Life
Banned

KnickFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet

I smell an avatar bet @$$hole. You on?

Terms:

If Knicks make playoffs before Bulls win their next championship than you change your avatar to whatever I want FOREVER. But if they don't, I change my avatar to whatever you want FOREVER!
KnickFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
a contender would be a team that is in the top tier of the conference. a team that has a legit chance of beating out the competition. with the offseason moves the bulls had and their ability last year to get to the second round, i would consider them contenders.

first of all, the bulls didnt make it to the second round and they didnt have the ability too.

also, dont automatically assume that the bulls are at the top tier of their conference. they have a good defense but a good defense can't stop a wade or a james or a kobe. you need to have a good offense as well to be a contender with the way the game is being called now. the bulls seem like they are trying to be the LB pistons you can't win games with tough man to man defense like the pistons used to. maybe if they adapted ot the new rules by perfecting a zone we could see strictly defensive teams rise up again. but ben wallace refuses to play the zone so i dont see that happening.

P.S if the knicks get KG they will get to the playoffs before CHI wins a championship. heck, they might even do that without him. with LB gone marbury will be scoring a lot more and they will have at least some amount of team chemistry.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:13 AM   #11
Internet

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnickFan4Life
I smell an avatar bet @$$hole. You on?

Terms:

If Knicks make playoffs before Bulls win their next championship than you change your avatar to whatever I want FOREVER. But if they don't, I change my avatar to whatever you want FOREVER!

Done I like it, best of luck my friend.

I will remind you of this when the time comes
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:19 AM   #12
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Bulls can be considered a contender to reach the eastern conference finals, and if wade got injured they'd be a contender to reach the finals, but talent-wise they shoudln't be considered a championship contender yet. Too young, need more low-post offense
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:10 AM   #13
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I truly believe that since Zeke brought these guys together, and they have his trust for starters. That means alot in any sport. Then the talent level which isn't great but it's good although we really don't have a legitmate post presence. Now the playoff race will be tough for any team not named miami, detroit. Im not gonna fight with you guys no more either but honestly, Ben Wallace signing seem to be a win now signing. Your coach will have to change his style to a more half court to be efffective. I watched quite a bit of games from every team last year, but i paid more attention to detroit only because i wanted to see how they were winning their games. Logging over 35 minutes per starter was part of it but the newly installed offense by flip opened up their more offensive capacity. The only starter it truly did hurt was Ben because as the team ran, Ben was the last to come half court alot due to the push of the balll. They capped on their infamous late second qtr, mid 3rd, and 4th quarter runs of 8-10 runs. If you could withstand those you could win. But you had to be strong defensively which most teams weren't where zone defenses best match the offenses.Ben truly didn't fit in it which made it so easy for him to leave.

Ok. I can dig that. You didn't come with the hellfire and brimstone most Knicks fans have. You are a different breed, you talk.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: