Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
terp954
I brick open layups

terp954 has an OK reputation so far
Default Elton Brand wonders what could of been in Chi

Good audio interview with former Bull Elton Brand where he says that Bull team is the one he really feels like it could of been special. He questioned the Fiezer drafting..take a listen.

www.playersvoice.com
terp954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Elton Brand wonders what could of been in Chi

With Elton Brand, Brad Miller and Ron Artest they could have been and still could be contenders out east.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
With Elton Brand, Brad Miller and Ron Artest they could have been and still could be contenders out east.

that team would have just been ok... Brand appears to already be in decline... look at it this way... if we had those 3 we wouldn't have Rose... those 3 are just alright... Rose is a superstar...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Oh I know but I mean there would be no "what if's" with that team since this team really did actually have them together but Krause blew up that team way too soon. If you added two real solid guards to that team then, IMO, that team is a real contender out east and would have been contenders from 2003 or so until now.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
that team would have just been ok... Brand appears to already be in decline... look at it this way... if we had those 3 we wouldn't have Rose... those 3 are just alright... Rose is a superstar...

What? I'm not fully understanding that point of view

I'm not sure if your saying that team is still not a championship contender, so it would not have mattered... or your saying the potential of Rose is better than those players.

Because if its the latter....
Brand + Artest + Miller + Crawford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rose + Scrubs
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
What? I'm not fully understanding that point of view

I'm not sure if your saying that team is still not a championship contender, so it would not have mattered... or your saying the potential of Rose is better than those players.

Because if its the latter....
Brand + Artest + Miller + Crawford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rose + Scrubs

Brand+ Artest+ Miller + Crawford= 45 win team on decline.... I'll take Rose and scrubs b/c we have a chance to win a championship from 2010 and beyond... so you're saying you would trade Rose for those 4 players.... uh thanks but no thanks... those 4 players wouldn't win a damn thing.... Rose just needs a post player and we could start seeing championships....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Brand+ Artest+ Miller + Crawford= 45 win team on decline.... I'll take Rose and scrubs b/c we have a chance to win a championship from 2010 and beyond... so you're saying you would trade Rose for those 4 players.... uh thanks but no thanks... those 4 players wouldn't win a damn thing.... Rose just needs a post player and we could start seeing championships....

45 wins... you can't be serious. That's atleast a 50 win team... about equal with Orlando

I'm not a diehard... more only a passing fan of the Bulls, so this might not sound genuine coming from me, but, hell yeah over the past 6 years... I would have no doubt traded all players they've gotten within this span, including Rose for that roster. That team, along with Roger Mason, Jr who they also had, if put together today with 3-5 years of chemistry would no doubt be an eastern confernce final contender at minimum.

And nothing is a guarantee... the Bulls have scrubs, and no real potential except for Rose, the faster fans understand its not a give-in that a superstar will sign with the Bulls in 2010, the better. It's just like me as a Heat fan... in fact we have more money than pretty much everyone except Toronto in 2010, but Im not going to be over zealous just because of that. I know even with having a young core with Beasley and Chalmers, without Wade, Im pretty sure we have no chance of luring in another superstar.

I'd really hate for the Bulls to take a full gamble at 2010, not get anyone, and have no plan B like NY has done and suck for another decade. I've been saying this forever and a day, but I think they should move right now to try and get Boozer in the offseason. Then only worry about complimentary players in 2010.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

45 wins when right now? Probably... but in 2003 when they were entering their primes? That's a good 60 win team. But like I said it depends on who they had as guards. If it was Crawford then no... I don't think they would have worked well but if they had Steve Nash and a good SG? Now that's a championship team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: