Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Jay Williams returning to the NBA

Recently Jay Williams was invited to practice with the Nets and he wants to come back to the NBA, although he is not 100% sure where he wants to play. Now he says that he feels like 90% of his old self and is close to being in top shape. He also feels that he can immediately make a difference in a team. So far Williams only played one year as a rookie with Chicago after being the second overall pick of the 2002 NBA Draft. In his first year, he was pretty good, averaging close to 10 points a game and about 3 rebounds. Unfortunately his career was cut short because of motorcycle accident. When he decides on what team to play on he should strongly consider the Bulls and Iím not saying that just because Iím a Bulls fan. This would be smart move because he can come back and prove something more to the team. With hard work he can show how he improved off his rookie season with the Bulls. It would be great to see him back in a Bulls uniform. I donít think it would hurt to add him because we can afford a back up point guard to Kirk Hinrich and Chris Duhon. It would be something like Jannero Pargo last year, except Jay Williams would probably get more playing time and fight for better position with Chris Duhon. Right now I feel that two point gaurds on a team is not enough. What do you do when one of them gets injured. You would have to play someone that originally plays a different position. Maybe Ben Gordon would be a reasonable replacement, but I prefer him at shooting guard. Jay Williams returning to the Bulls would be a great comeback to his career. Also, If we were to get him this year than we wouldnít have to look for someone latter on. It would make matters much easier. The Bulls canít afford seeing him going to another team because you rarely ever have the chance to have the second overall pick in the draft. Iíd be happy if he were to come back to the Bulls. I really believe he can help the team in one way or the other.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation
Lightbulb come bacc jay!

i totally agree!! jay williams had a great rookie season with chicago..i dont think anyone can foget the double crossover he had against the lakers...that was insane!....anyways if thy get him bacc now they wouldnt have 2 pay him much and it would be a great restart for him because DABULLS already have 2 good PGs and he could slowly work his way back into game shape and just get more experience and get that knee back in shape....whatever he does i just wish him well.....he seems like a good guy and i beleive if he comes back to chicago he'll be a great player within a few years as long as he stays healthy........
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Be free to post your opinions on this player I think he would be productive off the bench.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Sam Smith says he wont be back, and many ppl are saying he wont be productive if he makes it back at all... Remember the doctors considered amputating his leg... so its understandable if he doesnt get back. Plus his quickness is gone for good. Still it would be a nice story and I hope he ends up at the Bulls again it was really sad what happened to him.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:00 AM   #5
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Two words: Bobby Hurley.

I'd like to see Jay come back, but it's been said he would not be the same Jay Williams that was in a Bulls uniform. But who would have a need for him team wise?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: