Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Ben Gordon continues to impress, IMO, this team would be...

Ben Gordon continues to impress me and I'm starting to think that if they just fixed the problems with the 4 and 5 and signed/traded for Chris Kamon and Carlos Boozer they'd have a legit chance at being contenders.

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Carloz Boozer
C: Chris Kaman
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Ben Gordon continues to impress, IMO, this team would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Ben Gordon continues to impress me and I'm starting to think that if they just fixed the problems with the 4 and 5 and signed/traded for Chris Kamon and Carlos Boozer they'd have a legit chance at being contenders.

that team right there could win a championship in 2010.. if we unload Hinrich's contract for a one year dump salary, then we could have this team...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I thought Ben played pretty lousy tonight, but yes, that line-up would be sick. Have you noticed the number of bad shots that Gordon takes, or the turnovers he creates by handling the ball so much? He does so on a very regular basis.

Ben really needs to understand that he is most helpful to the team letting Derrick set him up for a catch-and-shoot.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 12-11-2008 at 11:01 AM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Ben Gordon continues to impress, IMO, this team would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
I thought Ben played pretty lousy tonight, but yes, that line-up would be sick. Have you noticed the number of bad shots that Gordon takes, or the turnovers he creates by handling the ball so much? He does so on a very regualr basis.

Ben really needs to understand that he is most helpful to the team letting Derrick set him up for a catch-and-shoot.

That won't happen until Rose asserts himself and makes Gordon give him the ball. Right now, when Gordon gets it at the top of the key, Rose runs away to a corner to let him do his thing. If Rose doesn't have the ball right away, he needs to go get it from whoever has it. There is no flow if the offense isn't run through Rose. Gordon might not like that, but in the end it is better for him and the Bulls.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Gordon realizes he can contribute just as evenly as a spot up shooter, but right now since they have no post threat, and since he's working towards a possible contract in the offseason... he has to play the way he's playing.

In all reality Gordon would be great coming off the bench as a 6th man, especially when Rose & other scorers come out of the game, so he can do his own thing like Ginobili, and not have to defend starters.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

captainkirk has an OK reputation so far

I've found the perfect shooting guard for Rose: Marco Belinelli. Talented, unselfish, great shot, good defense, young...He will become the next Ginobili, I'm sure.
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
I've found the perfect shooting guard for Rose: Marco Belinelli. Talented, unselfish, great shot, good defense, young...He will become the next Ginobili, I'm sure.

Oh really? You did? lol!

Quote:
This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
Chicago Bulls

Incoming Players

Anthony Randolph
Salary: $1,709,280 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.8 REB: 4.4 AST: 0.7 PER: 12.63

Marcus Williams
Salary: $1,262,520 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 0.5 REB: 0.0 AST: 1.8 PER: -0.71

Marco Belinelli
Salary: $1,446,720 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.9 REB: 0.5 AST: 0.5 PER: 9.75

Golden State Warriors

Incoming Players

Tyrus Thomas
Salary: $3,749,880 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 6.5 REB: 5.3 AST: 0.8 PER: 10.1

Cedric Simmons
Salary: $1,742,760 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.5 REB: 1.0 AST: 0.3 PER: 17.61

Would a trade LIKE this PROPOSAL interest Warriors fans at all? I am wondering if you guys feel that Tyrus would be better in your run-and-gun system rather than Chicago's Talk-about-playing-fast-but-not-really-do-it system?

I also noticed that Belinelli is unhappy and talking about wanting out, which was actually the initial reason I tried to find a trade between these two teams. Good idea? Bad idea? Somewhere in between?

Keep up the good work Kirk.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 12-11-2008 at 11:09 AM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Would a trade LIKE this PROPOSAL interest Warriors fans at all? I am wondering if you guys feel that Tyrus would be better in your run-and-gun system rather than Chicago's Talk-about-playing-fast-but-not-really-do-it system?

I also noticed that Belinelli is unhappy and talking about wanting out, which was actually the initial reason I tried to find a trade between these two teams. Good idea? Bad idea? Somewhere in between?

Keep up the good work Kirk.

I dont think the Warriors would like that at all. Randolph is already showing more skills than TT has in 3 years in the NBA, and Simmons is definitely not worth Williams and Belinelli. Also, in a shot-happy offense like the one Nelson runs there would be no room for TT and Simmons who can't hit shots outside of 10 feet.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #9
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

What about if we threw in Kirk Hinrich?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
What about if we threw in Kirk Hinrich?

That would make the salaries uneven.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: