Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default My theory on Chris Bosh

First, i'll say that I ackowledge that he's an up and coming brink of superstardom franchise player and I appreciate everything that he's accomplished in his 5+ seasons here. But this is what I think of the guy, semi-non basketball related. I believe that he's a loyal guy. Someone who would probably stick with whatever situation he's throw into without complaining. Granted, this can be a good quality or a bad quality as we've seen in this league. Kevin Garnett basically said the same things that Bosh is saying now that all he cares about is winning. So he sat idly by and for the most part kept his feelings inside. So because of this, Minnesota management made a bunch of average moves and didn't really significantly upgrade his teammates, which lead to several years of frustration... Now, i'm not saying that Bosh should go the Kobe route and throw his teammates under the bus but I do think he needs to speak up and stop being so nonchalant about everything "we're fine. we made some mistakes i'm not frustrated. we're just not doing what we're supposed to do." I applaud BC for putting together a Euro team that got us back into the playoffs, but I think that in the long run, Bosh was surrounded by the wrong type of guys given his personality type...
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Default Re: My theory on Chris Bosh

I hope your loyalty theory is right cause if he bolts in 2010 it could set the franchise back many years. I just hope he's honest and tells management what his intentions are this coming free agency. At least they'll know whether to move him or not.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

While I doubt that Bosh would pull a Vince on us, as in giving up on the team and demanding a trade or not playing hard until he moves in free agency, I don't doubt that he will pull a T-Mac on us and leave in free agency for greener pasture (ie. a more competetive team).

That is why BC has to build a winner around him NOW, but unfortunately we have very few trade pieces. I'm beginning to agree that we might have to trade Jose. I know, he's really efficient, great shooter, great floor general, but his defense is mediocre and his value is very high, higher than any Raptor except Bosh. Like, if we could get a legit 2nd option wing for him, I might just do it.

And Bargnani NEEDS to be moved. I know he might become a good big man, maybe even like a dumber, more athletic Mehmet Okur. He definitely has potential to be a 20 ppg scorer. But he is a POWER FORWARD, not a C and definitely not a SF. Neither Bosh nor Andrea can really play center in this league, so you can't start them together. Bargnani does not fit.

So here is the plan, move Bargnani for a good PG who can defend. Move Calderon for a starting calibre SF or SG who can defend, slash, and act as a legitimate 2nd option for Bosh.

How about Calderon and Kapono to the Lakers for Lamar Odom?
And Bargnani to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich and maybe some filler?
And then sign Bonzi Wells or some other veteran SG for a small contract.
Moves like this are totally possible, and leave us with:

JO/Hump
Bosh/Joey/Jawai(hopefully)
Odom/Moon
AP/vet(Bonzi)/Adams
Hinrich/Ukic/Solomon

That would be a tougher and better defensive team than what we have now. If we could get a veteran defensive center to back up JO, we'd be set.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I hope your loyalty theory is right cause if he bolts in 2010 it could set the franchise back many years. I just hope he's honest and tells management what his intentions are this coming free agency. At least they'll know whether to move him or not.
But that's the thing. It's worrisome for the guy who never voices his frustrations and gives standard, generic answers to everything asked.. My theory is not even necessarily that he'll be loyal to us, it's just that he'll be a guy who does what he has to do without complaint for the duration of his contract. After that its anybody's guess.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
ejeezy
I airball my layups

While i think Bargs should be moved, he most likely will not due to his potential to be a great player. He has low value right now, no point in trying to trade him.

From this then, we should downgrade our pg position to trade for a stellar SG. A competant PG who can dish is really all we need (i.e. Boston and rondo last season).

Hence, Calderon+ Parker or Kapono, to land us a superior Shooting Gaurd. Sign a cheap yet efficient point gaurd, and have an amazing bench player in Parker to work with.
ejeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Theres a lot of hopeing going around for Bosh in 2010.

I see it like this.....

If we don't have a great team together by the Allstar Break, then I might start shopping Bosh if im Colangelo. My reason for this is because in the 2009 season Bosh is going to be considered a rent a player by any suitor in a trade. Thus not getting as much in return as this year. Im think this year He's worth several first round draft picks and an outstanding young talant to boot.

Honestly folks, this team isnt working out the way it is. It might be time to start thinking this way.

Unless we put together a championship caliber team in the next 6 months using virtually no trading pieces, then Bosh is gone in 2010, and we'll get nothing for him.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

I think drafting Bargnani was probably the biggest mistake ...... that first overall pick was really suppose to help out team in the coming years and it's been 3 years and it hasn't really been successful. As for Bosh if we don't improve this year and next there is no doubt that he will leave in 2010, he is serious about winning and with the money that will be coming his way .... Winning Team + Big Bucks he will be gone for sure ..... that's why Toronto's GM has to step up and start making some moves because this team even gets worse naw mean?
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
Big Rook
I airball my layups

Something has got to give.

Ever since Garbo went down the raps have never been the same defensively and in general seem to have something missing.

We talk about all these trades that need to be made, but there is not much to work with. We have very little in the way of trade-bait and we all know it.

What are we going to do?
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

I realize some are big fans of Bargs...but other then dealing him, what possible option is there? The ridiculous proposals people put out with guys like Kapono are a joke. Nobody wants him at his contract. Bargs, Hump and Graham are all we can move.....AP too but sadly we need him.

If we aren't willing to deal Bargs.....then we're doomed.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
Big Rook
I airball my layups

I know I have an Avatar of Bargs, but I say trade him if we have to.

And of all the people I would like to see in a Raps uniform - Caron Butler.

I know people say this will never happen, but it could and if it requires a three way deal with Bargs, Calderon others and picks I say do it.

I love Calderon, but Ukic is coming along nicely and is already a better defender than Jose. His shot will develop just like Jose's and he has shown and ability to drive to the paint in traffic and actually finish the play off.

Let's be honest, this year is a re-tooling year, if not a rebuilding one.

Last edited by Big Rook : 12-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

[quote=Big Rook]I know I have an Avatar of Bargs, but I say trade him if we have to.

And of all the people I would like to see in a Raps uniform - Caron Butler.

I know people say this will never happen, but it could and if it requires a three way deal with Bargs, Calderon others and picks I say do it.

I love Calderon, but Ukic is coming along nicely and is already a better defender than Jose. His shot will develop just like Jose's and he has shown and ability to drive to the paint in traffic and actually finish the play off.

Let's be honest, this year is a re-tooling year, if not a rebuilding one.[/QUOTE]

That's not what everyone was saying at the start of the year 12 games ago ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

I'm not sure if i'm ready to throw in the towel just yet. I say that we have a fair amount of time to turn our season around.... And my suggestion of how to do that is a simple one. TRADE BARGNANI! People say that he has low value, but his valuethis year is definitely more than it was last year. From all i've read, phones have been ringing off the hook about this guy and Colangelo basically tries to just offer Kapono, Moon, Parker, and whoever else as if someone seriously wants any of them. LET GO OF YOUR PRIDE AND JOY! Sure he could be a 20+ ppg scorer somewhere but as others have said, he doesn't fit properly on our team and will not help us attain elite status... Boston ships out their "future" Al Jefferson and what do they get? Championship.. Not saying that we could instantly get a player who will bring us the chip but we could definitely get a star quality player or two who are ready to win now.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Agreeing with bokes.

Bargnani will have a ton of value to a team who isn't going to be anywhere near the playoffs this year. You can trade Bargnani to one of the shitty teams who are going into a rebuilding phase and you might be able to pry away a veteran or two. Win-Win situation.

I really think Bargnani's prime will be about 19ppg, 8rpg as a number two option on an average team. On Toronto, he will NEVER be a number two option because he will be stuck either on the bench or playing out of position.

This is a bad time for the Raptors as a team and as a fanbase, and something needs to change.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #14
Big Rook
I airball my layups

They have been struggling since the last 25 games of last season. I would think that most people that watch nearly every game would agree. The first three games of this year we may have won, but there was always that lingering doubt if they could pull it out. During this stretch it’s become glaringly apparent, no lead is safe and teams are never taken out of the game, unlike many of our opponents taking us out this year.

The Raptors have been the same team for 3 years and the scouting report reads:
“Good shooting team, stay in your man’s face b/c you will never get exposed; no one is a threat off the dribble except Bosh. Defence- what defense?-penetrate the point and pick your poison – back door cut, take it in for the layup, kick it out for the three and if all else fails penetrate the point. Make baskets and repeat as desired.”

I would not like to see Calderon, or Bargnani involved in any trade, but the reality is they’re the only assets we have that anyone would want for a premier SF/SG (short and long term). This team will not be able to compete with the elite and good teams until that is addressed. I am tired of 1st round exits and the 2nd round is nothing but a marginal improvement (we were suppose to be there 2 years ago).

I’m a realist. I love my Raps, but things are not right.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Rudy Gay was late for a shootaround recently. LOCKER ROOM CANCER!!! Memphis needs to get rid of him before his horrendous attitude infects the rest of his hard working teammates and tears down that team from the inside without any hope of recovery!!!

PS. Trade him to the Raptors.

Calderon, Bargnani, Kapono

for

Gay, Conley, Jaric w/ Adriana Lima, Warrick

Conley/Roko/Jaric
Parker/Jaric
Gay/Graham
Bosh/Warrick
O'Neal/Humphries

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: