Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #31
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 3 Team Trade - Antonio Daniels to Hornets

Someone wanna tell me what type of player crittenin will be on the wiz i know next to nothing about him as a player.

Do you think he will fit in?
How much playing time?
Does he have potential?
How much does he have left on his contract?
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #32
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3 Team Trade - Antonio Daniels to Hornets

It's really a toss-up between he and Juan for the starting spot until Gil gets back. I really have no idea what was going on with the PG battle between Brown and Dixon - Brown's a decent player who plays hard on defense and can outrun just about anyone in the league, but he was pretty clearly outplayed by Dixon for the first few weeks of the season. And then he gets the starting spot for the last 2-3 weeks. I dunno, Dixon's far from perfect, and he still has a tendency to go into chucker mode every once in a while, but his defense is improved and he's quick to make good decisions, not nearly as hesitant as Brown had a tendency to be.

So unless they decide to just throw Nicky into the starting lineup, Dixon will probably start out in that spot. But like I said, it's a toss-up and anyone's game at this point. Javaris has the potential to be a good player, he's got a jumper and he's quick to find openings in the lane. I'd think he'll start out around 10-15 minutes, but if he performs in any way, he'll find himself some minutes even after Gil returns.

That is, unless Tapscott actually decides to play James. Which I hope he doesn't.

Edit: He's still on his rookie contract as far as I know. This is only his second year, and he was a low first rounder, so that's... 2 years left I think.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #33
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation
Default Re: NO-Was-Mem dealing (Daniels, James, Javaris)

Good move by the Hornets..
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #34
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Wiz should give Jcrit, young, Javale lots of playing time.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #35
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

damn sons and daughters i dunno what the Grizz saw in Conley that made them think he would be better than if they played Crittenton, I mean 5'11 midget vs 6'3 beast i dont get it o well
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #36
Owen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Owen has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wizards trade Antonio Daniels to Hornets in 3-team trade. Mike James, JavarisC to Wiz

Mike Jones!
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #37
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Wizards trade Antonio Daniels to Hornets in 3-team trade. Mike James, JavarisC to Wiz

Great move by the Hornets and the Grizz. But i don't know why the Wizards did this trade...
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #38
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.2.1.
Great move by the Hornets and the Grizz. But i don't know why the Wizards did this trade...
They still have an expirer for next season (James instead of Daniels), they didn't need Daniels because he couldn't really handle starter minutes for them anymore, plus they get a player with a good of potential in Crittenton. The only thing they give up was the conditional draft pick they got from Memphis in the Juan Carlos Navarro trade last season.

Last edited by steve : 12-10-2008 at 11:24 PM.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #39
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

The biggest problem with Daniels this season is that the Wizards needed him to play starter's minutes and he just couldn't do that anymore. But he's perfect for playing 12 to 15 minutes a game backing up Paul.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 AM   #40
markymark
Local High School Star

markymark has not been impressing people

How the hell will caron, et al get their shots when arenas comes back?

Hibachi + Mike James = 50 attempts a night, guaran-sheed
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 AM   #41
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

wizards better watch out. Mike James is an idiot, and he will single handedly run that team to the ground for personal stats.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:20 AM   #42
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
wizards better watch out. Mike James is an idiot, and he will single handedly run that team to the ground for personal stats.

Yep, sounds like Mike James alright.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #43
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Wait....a terrible Wizards team just traded away a 1st round pick and Daniels to get Mike James and Javaris??

Can't wait for that draft when the wizards should be in line for a top 5 pick, but it goes to the Griz instead.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #44
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Can't wait for that draft when the wizards should be in line for a top 5 pick, but it goes to the Griz instead.
The best they could have possible gotten next year is the 17th, so there isn't too much to worry about. The pick they gave to the Grizz wasn't their own, it was a protected Grizzlies pick that they had received in the Navarro trade.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #45
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
And James isn't going to get burn like that. He's just a stop gap until Arenas comes back. Once that happens I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more of J Critt and Arenas rather than James and Arenas.
With the, uhh, pretty clear direction of this year's team... yeah, I'll be really pissed if James gets any sort of run over Critt.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: