Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far
Default Jason Richardson Traded to Suns

Just caught the end of the story on ESPN. Five player deal. J Rich to Suns for Diaw and Raja Bell. Two other players involved. Not sure of names.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Richardson Traded to Suns

The Suns acquired Jason Richardson and Dudley and a 2010 second-round draft choice to the Suns in exchange for shooting guard Raja Bell, forward Boris Diaw and rookie point guard Sean Singletary.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Are you ****ing ****ting me?!?!?!?!?!?

Link please or this thread is canned
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

son of a *****, its true.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I am extremely pissed off right now.
Of all people we trade, it's ****ing Jason Richardson?!?!?!?! We pick him up last year, he's our best player, and we give him away. WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?!?!?!

On top of that we give up Jared Dudley? What the hell? We just lost our top scorer and best young defender for a guard with less talent and a big man who needs to be motivated to play well, along with ANOTHER young point guard.

I don't know about this one.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

It's legit

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3760914

Wishing we would have just thrown fatass May in their also. At least May will no longer be starting.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

This link says it as well. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...adeonline.html

What a trade for PHX! Wow this may just change their whole season around.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Why Dudley though?!?!? Of all guys with the highest potential?!?!?!? Morrison is one dimensional, May is 30-dimensional physically, yet we give them Dudley.

And to think we could have had Nenad Krstic a couple of years ago for May. Even though he's in Europe right now, we wouldn't be dealing with him.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

What???

Raja has lost lots of his lateral quickness, and his whole schtick was his defense.

Diaw is lazy and tends to turn it on in contract years (and occasionally during the playoffs). Larry Brown will tire of him VERY quickly.

Singletary is a non-factor.

I'm glad J-Rich will finally have a chance to win, but seriously...this franchise is a joke.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #9
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Wow this has got to be the dumbest trade I have seen this year. Somebody in the Bobcats front office needs to be fired. You basically give away Jason Richardson for trash. Then on top of it you still have to give them a second for that trash as if Jason Richardson wasn't enough. I have to give Phoenix props for robbing the Bobcats in broad daylight without even using a gun.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by obonpaxis
What???

Raja has lost lots of his lateral quickness, and his whole schtick was his defense.

Diaw is lazy and tends to turn it on in contract years (and occasionally during the playoffs). Larry Brown will tire of him VERY quickly.

Singletary is a non-factor.

I'm glad J-Rich will finally have a chance to win, but seriously...this franchise is a joke.

Agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the players but really, do you have to come on to our forum and insult our team by calling the Cats a joke?
We welcome well-based criticizm but not wholesale put downs. So please, go fly a kite.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
Wow this has got to be the dumbest trade I have seen this year. Somebody in the Bobcats front office needs to be fired. You basically give away Jason Richardson for trash. Then on top of it you still have to give them a second for that trash as if Jason Richardson wasn't enough. I have to give Phoenix props for robbing the Bobcats in broad daylight without even using a gun.

True. May, Hollins, Nazr and Carroll are basically useless (and that's probably why no one else wants them either in addition to Nazr and Carrol's contracts!) and we get rid of JRich and Dudley.........There was a time when Raja Bell and Diaw really were worth something and we didn't have the sense to go after them when they were in their primes. I have a thought. Why don't we offer half of our team for Bosh and Kaman...........
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #12
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

At least Raja Bell's contract will expire next year, plus he's receiving "MATT CARROLL" money - $5 million/yr this year and $5.25 million next year.
Diaw's taking $9 million per year until 2012, but his age should not be a problem.

Actually, Richardson's contract is a bit troubling, $11.1 million this year and an annual increase of $1.11 million for the next two years (weird numbers... wonder who designed it).

So here's another problem, we have Wallace, Morrison, and Diaw who are natural SF, or does Larry Brown want to use Diaw as PF? Diaw does have a bit of experience at PF and C when Phoenix haven't acquire O'Neal.

I personally think trading Richardson is better than trading Wallace.
For "some" reason, Richardson is not playing the way he used to when he was in California (don't like to call that place Golden State, no more Gold Rush). Richardson can score, but not a very good clutch player (check the game versus Miami, you'll see that he missed TWO free throws that could tie the game.

Bell and Diaw can provide some playoff experience, but the chance for playoffs this year is dim, very dim.

In the end, there is still no solution for the Cats' frontcourt depth, but I say this trade is fair, but not great. Big contracts like Richardson's is hard to deal with.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #13
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the players but really, do you have to come on to our forum and insult our team by calling the Cats a joke?
We welcome well-based criticizm but not wholesale put downs. So please, go fly a kite.

I could walk through West Charlotte right now and find three crackheads who could have made better draft selections and parlayed players into more sensible trades. Most posters here probably feel the same.

I hope the new guys prove me wrong, but face it. Bad bad trade.

I seldom post at ISH anymore and rarely post here. If it's "your" forum, then fine. I'll fly my kite.

However, I stand by what I said. Our franchise is a joke.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
True. May, Hollins, Nazr and Carroll are basically useless (and that's probably why no one else wants them either in addition to Nazr and Carrol's contracts!) and we get rid of JRich and Dudley.........There was a time when Raja Bell and Diaw really were worth something and we didn't have the sense to go after them when they were in their primes. I have a thought. Why don't we offer half of our team for Bosh and Kaman...........
I would say both Bell, Diaw in their primes were very good role players at best imo. Still either in their primes are no where near the player Richardson is, and maybe some Bobcats fans think i'm overrating Jason but I think not. I just don't see where this trade benefits nobody but Phoenix. Charlotte is sitting pretty decent salary wise their is no need to rebuild.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #15
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

yeah, this trade is absolute garbage. getting rid of our best scorer and one of the only ones who can take it to the rim at will for a mediocre shooting guard past his prime. and lol at the lineup tonight. no wallace or richardson. this amazes me.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: