Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-17-2006, 06:38 AM   #1
-=[1]=-
Can barely lace up my sneakers

-=[1]=- has an OK reputation so far
Default Man

tell me 1 thing,nick have
MArbury,Francis,Robinson+they draft picked another PG
that means they will have 4 PG.And that PG which was picked was selected in the first round,I mean,they couldn7t pick someone else?better?.
I am not a KNICKS fan but I am sorry for you guys,KNICKS have so much money and they suck(sorry).Maybe something changed,I don`t know.I didn`t read the news a longtime a go.You tell me
-=[1]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Actually, that comment makes it pretty obvious you dont watch basketball. Its not as if on our depth chart, we have Marbury, then Francis, then Nate, then Mardy. If you havent realized yet, all four of these guys play both point guard, AND shooting guard. So with Crawford, its more like 5 guys in the backcourt, rather then 5 guys playing point guard.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Also, its Knicks, with a K.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Also, its Knicks, with a K.

Knickerbockers with a k
you know like the pants
thats tough

(thats for knickscity)

Last edited by goillcity : 09-17-2006 at 09:45 AM.
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillcity
Knickerbockers with a k
you know like the pants
thats tough

(thats for knickscity)

Thanks dude! I still want you to explain that 41-41 record.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 AM   #6
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Underdog has an OK reputation so far

"knickerbockers"

Does anybody know why they called themselves after these pants? I mean did they actually play in those back in the days? If they did, that would be funny to watch them play in those during the throwback jersey games that they have during the season.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #7
goillcity
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Thanks dude! I still want you to explain that 41-41 record.

41 wins is a lot better than 23
41-41 means that the bulls won 41games and lost 41games
i think that explains it pretty well
the bulls lost eddie last year and got scrubs from the knicks ie thomas and sweetney
chandlers was constantly bothered by his lower back
thats no excuse for lossing 41
but at least we didn't lose 59
the bulls added wallace thomas and sefalosha
bulls will win 50-60 this season
Old 09-17-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
-=[1]=-
Can barely lace up my sneakers

-=[1]=- has an OK reputation so far
Default trade

I just wanted to say that they should trade 1 of thoese guys.I mean,you have Marbury and Steve Francis in a same team.They spend to much balls.Why don`t they trade 1 of them for a good SG or maybe... I don`t know,Just change something,Suckz.And why you said its written with K,I did
-=[1]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillcity
41 wins is a lot better than 23
41-41 means that the bulls won 41games and lost 41games
i think that explains it pretty well
the bulls lost eddie last year and got scrubs from the knicks ie thomas and sweetney
chandlers was constantly bothered by his lower back
thats no excuse for lossing 41
but at least we didn't lose 59
the bulls added wallace thomas and sefalosha
bulls will win 50-60 this season
lET ME HELP YOU 41-41 IS .500 ONLY HALF!!!! For some reason with this lovely offense and defense the bulls claim to have it resulted in a .500 record. Actually right now sweetney and curry career averages are idebtical. check their careers so far. right at the 15 point 7 board range.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
goillcity
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
lET ME HELP YOU 41-41 IS .500 ONLY HALF!!!! For some reason with this lovely offense and defense the bulls claim to have it resulted in a .500 record. Actually right now sweetney and curry career averages are idebtical. check their careers so far. right at the 15 point 7 board range.

sweetney is huff
i don't know where you got you numbers did you guess that sweets had 15 a game
because sweetney has 7.4 points a game and 5 boards with a .444 feild goal pecentage career in his best season with new york he had 8.4 points a game
nowhere near 15
curry's got 12.2 points a game and 5.1 boards a game with a .536 feild goal pecentage career
what does idebtical mean
let me help you 23-59=.280
and the bulls offense and defence will be on point this year
Old 09-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=[1]=-
that means they will have 4 PG.And that PG which was picked was selected in the first round,I mean,they couldn7t pick someone else?better?.
I am not a KNICKS fan but I am sorry for you guys,KNICKS have so much money and they suck(sorry).Maybe something changed,I don`t know.I didn`t read the news a longtime a go.You tell me
Umm, no you didnt?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:33 AM   #12
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

"knickerbockers"

Does anybody know why they called themselves after these pants? I mean did they actually play in those back in the days? If they did, that would be funny to watch them play in those during the throwback jersey games that they have during the season.

It has nothing to do with the pants! They are named for Father Knickerbocker who was synonymous with New Yorkers and New York City since the 1800's.

"...in 1809, a book appeared called A HISTORY OF NEW YORK FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD TO THE END OF THE DUTCH DYNASTY. The cover said it was written by one Diedrich Knickerbocker ("Diedrich" means "father" in Dutch, and the last name, according to the author's note, meant "to nod or doze over books.") In fact, the book had been written by a 26-year-old ex-lawyer named Washington Irving, who would later pen THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.

Knickerbocker's New Amsterdam
Knickerbocker's book was Manhattan's first best-seller. New Yorkers were charmed by the book's colorful, offbeat characters. Irving mixed fact and fiction, while ignoring the darker side of New York's past, such as the Indian wars and slavery.

Some readers probably never realized that the "history" was a spoof, and took it literally. Some eventually claimed that they were related to Father Knickerbocker! Later, "Knickerbockers" became a term for the city's oldest families, who were proud of their long residence there. "
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:41 AM   #13
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=[1]=-

You have a valid point in all those guards. However, the Knicks are deep at every position. I expect that Francis and some bench players will be traded later in the season. The problem is not the numbers it is getting them to play well together.

Hopefully that will happen this season.

BTW: Mr expert, what NBA team do you play for? Or are we missing something here? Are you so great that others "suck" by comparison to you?

By all means make your observations; but don't call names unless you want your accomplishments questioned.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: