Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Default Trade Trade Trade

Why do all of our solutions have to come from a trade???

Am I the only one that thinks that its NOT our players that aren't up to par, but the system that is developing them?

There is no way that we can go anywhere, with any players when the workouts, the schemes, the coaching, the physical therapy, the commitment, the ability to take a no-name player, and make him useful is NOT HERE.

Trade all you want, the Bulls will not win a championship with the All-Star team and this system.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Default Re: Trade Trade Trade

no... actually it is the players... they suck ( other than Rose).... if we had Garnett, Pierce and Rose we would be a championship team... you sound like Jerry Krause " organizations win championships" bull****.... great players win championships... just ask 2005 Celtics....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

It's the players just as much as it is the front office. When your PF and C's are Drew Gooden, Tyrus Thomas, Noah and Gray and your best shooting guard on the team is Ben Gordon then you're in trouble and need to make some trades.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
buechlerforthree
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
no... actually it is the players... they suck ( other than Rose).... if we had Garnett, Pierce and Rose we would be a championship team... you sound like Jerry Krause " organizations win championships" bull****.... great players win championships... just ask 2005 Celtics....

We definitely do not have the team to make a run in the playoffs, but I think the team we have would be a lot better if we did in fact have those intangible values that a good organization provides for their team. I think Skiles is one of the worst coaches in the league. He cannot relate to players at all. Doc Rivers is not even close to being one of the best strategic head coaches in the league but he knows how to enhance chemistry among his players and relate to his team. Skiles does not have the ability to develop players at all and the mistake of all mistakes was drafting Ty and placing him in that assclown's hands.

Any team that has Garnett, Pierce, and even a decent PG could win a championship. Youre not really saying much there. And the '08 Celtics would be the team I'm asking.
buechlerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Trade Trade Trade

The players are the problem, and it's indirectly associated to the coaching staff. Player development and scouting, as I have stated before, has been nonexistent with this team for a long time. We have a history of making bad draft selections while teams later in the draft end up with all-stars, and when was the last time we developed a "raw" player that had "potential" to the point where he actually realized it? It just hasn't happened with this team. Most of the development has to come from the player, putting in the time and effort to get better, but he cannot take the next step without the coaches helping him there.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Why do all of our solutions have to come from a trade???

Am I the only one that thinks that its NOT our players that aren't up to par, but the system that is developing them?

There is no way that we can go anywhere, with any players when the workouts, the schemes, the coaching, the physical therapy, the commitment, the ability to take a no-name player, and make him useful is NOT HERE.

Trade all you want, the Bulls will not win a championship with the All-Star team and this system.

We just lost to the Grizzlies. If you still think the Bulls don't need to make a trade...congratulations. You are hopelessly stupid. I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:36 AM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Assistant Coach for Player Development
"Dave Severns, 51, comes to the Windy City after spending the last 12 years at Nike as a player development coach. While at Nike he worked with college players at its All-American Camp, Skills Academies and the Jordan Flight School. Prior to Nike, he spent three years as the Video Coordinator at Fresno State University, two years as an Assistant Coach at Fresno City College and one year as an Assistant Coach at Chico State University. Severns earned both a bachelor’s and master’s degree from California State University-Chico."

Is this guy proven? No. Gamble? Yes...

Bernie Bickerstaff
Experience: 10 years as an NBA head coach
ZERO seasons with .500 or better record!

Del Harris
Experience: 400 years as a NBA head coach
0 championships. Although he has had some REALLY GOOD TEAMS!
He is about 10 years past his coaching prime, and not helping. <sarcasm>I bet HE could coach the Celtics players into another championship</sarcasm>

Bob Ociepka
WHO YOU SAY? Well, he's been an assistant at all of your top programs.
Such as The Minnesota Timberwolves, Clippers, and when the Pacers really sucked, he was there.

Pete Meyers
COME ON! The dude filled in for Jordan for 1.5 years, so now he has to have employment from the Bulls when nobody else wants him?

Mike Wilhelm
Okay, this guy isnt a top assistant, but I wont rip on him. He has potential, but not ready to be the #2, maybe a #4 or #5 assistant, like he is now.

I'm sorry, but say what you want, this staff won't get the All-Star team a championship. This is the kind of staff that can take the US Olympic Basketball team, and win a BRONZE!
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
It's the players just as much as it is the front office. When your PF and C's are Drew Gooden, Tyrus Thomas, Noah and Gray and your best shooting guard on the team is Ben Gordon then you're in trouble and need to make some trades.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Check this out.

Sources say guards Larry Hughes and Thabo Sefolosha and forward Tyrus Thomas are the Bulls who are very much available. But the Bulls aren't ready to part with second-year center Joakim Noah, one insider insists, even though Noah appears to have frustrated first-year Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro as much as Thomas has.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-081213-14

I say trade Larry Hughes (whose contract expires in 2010), and trade Thabo, and Tyrus Thomas (who are still young and can probably develop better with another team) and get at least some decent picks for them.

Its a heaven to hell chance that the Bulls make the playoffs, so I say try to get the best and decent offers for them and that way the Bulls can get a low post scorer (NO MORE DAMN ENERGY GUYS) and a SG ( SOMEONE WHO IS AT LEAST 6'4 AND TALLER WHO CAN SHOOT, ATTACK THE RIM AND DEFEND) in the draft.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Hopefully Noah is on the blocks but the Bulls are just "playing hard to get" to increase his value. If not the Bulls are just desperate to keep a 7 footer and they might feel he deserves more time before they flush him down the toilet.

I assume the Bulls are looking to let go of Hughes to make room for signing Gordon this summer. Tyrus? Well, well, well...The Bulls might just be realizing that Tyrus and his athleticism and "raw potential" is actually a pile of ****.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
kshutts1
Great college starter

Trading away those young talents could net some more young talent instead of picks. With our organizations history of botching the draft, I'd rather not gamble on picks, but rather young talent.

Would the Clippers take the 3 of them for Kaman and a pick? Or give us Thornton and salary cap filler (I doubt this one)?

Something like that is what we should be looking for; still young, but more advanced talent for our two young, high potential talent and 12 million of salary.

What about Chris Wilcox, Nick Collison, a 2nd rounder and salary filler for Hughes, Thabo, TT and 1st rounder?
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #11
Rondo

Rumor has it that we might be getting the matrix for hughes t-time and sefolosha which could be an improvement takes almost 20million off our cap and i doubt he'd want to resign for more than 15 but it takes out of 2010 if we do resign him so take that as you will
Old 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
kshutts1
Great college starter

Granted, Marion doesn't score in the post, and he isn't particularly young, but I LOVE that trade.

He can hit an open shot, regardless of range, he's a strong defender and rebounder, and he's an open-court player.

If we make that trade for Marion (not the ideal trade, but better than what we have) then we NEED to change our style of play to run and gun.

We have the PG to run it, a SG that can go 7-11 from 3 on some nights, a SF that isn't necessarily suited for it, but isn't "unsuited' for it either, Marion was born to play in it, and Gooden/Noah can do an admirable job as well.

I would like to see that.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #13
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

I'll trade you Anthony Parker (Expiring Contract) and a 2nd round pick in 2009 for Tyrus Thomas and Aaron Gray.. deal?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:35 AM   #14
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I'll trade you Anthony Parker (Expiring Contract) and a 2nd round pick in 2009 for Tyrus Thomas and Aaron Gray.. deal?

Look at this ^^^Raptors homer coming into our forum with his wack trade. Is this dork trying to make himself feel better about his team, or just himself?

The Bulls will give you Simmons and Sefolosha for Bargnani...take it or leave it.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #15
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Look at this ^^^Raptors homer coming into our forum with his wack trade. Is this dork trying to make himself feel better about his team, or just himself?

The Bulls will give you Simmons and Sefolosha for Bargnani...take it or leave it.

HAHA I KNEW you would say something like this! I will actually admit I am a homer though, I'm not ashamed .
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: