Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-12-2006, 12:17 AM   #31
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Of course, he'll be gone by the time we get him

why would you select him over the surefire ROY fatboy? lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:28 AM   #32
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Keep in mind that he's already worked out for:

#7 - Boston
#8 - Houston
#9 - Golden State
#10 - Seattle
#12 - New Orleans
#14 - Utah
#15 - New Orleans

Minnesota (Griffin/Garnett/Blount), Orlando (Howard/Milicic), and Philly (Webber/Daly) are the only lotto teams after the Hawks that he would be "snubbing."

Shelden hasn't even worked out for the Hawks yet so I seriously doubt they would give him a guarantee.

/end thread
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #33
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

i hope the Atliens do draft him, then Gay will fall down to the Celtics and their reign of terror on the league will begin

BEWARE...
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #34
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

If we pick him it is only to ship him and Childress to Philly for A.I.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #35
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
If we pick him it is only to ship him and Childress to Philly for A.I.

Do you think the Hawks can afford to trade for AI, with the ownership situation the way it is now, would AI report- how bad does he want to win and will Billy King dog him out and trade him to a non-contender.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #36
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
Do you think the Hawks can afford to trade for AI, with the ownership situation the way it is now, would AI report- how bad does he want to win and will Billy King dog him out and trade him to a non-contender.

If we get A.I we would be a contender...well for the playoffs at least

A.I. would report because he probably hangs out here more than he does up there. And the ownership situation won't change for at least a couple of years since the ownership group will appeal and Stern will probably step in eventually.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #37
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
If we get A.I we would be a contender...well for the playoffs at least

A.I. would report because he probably hangs out here more than he does up there. And the ownership situation won't change for at least a couple of years since the ownership group will appeal and Stern will probably step in eventually.

You may have a point, I forgot about the strip clubs.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #38
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
You may have a point, I forgot about the strip clubs.

And in Atlanta they get All Nude!

I feel sorry for you states where they have to wear pasties and G strings...tragic....
Old 06-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #39
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

If AI was traded to Philly he'd report because he's too young to leave that much money on the table.

I don't see why drafting Williams would be bad. On a team full of face-up "tweeners" he's a back to the basket power foward who's an excellent rebounder and shot blocker.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #40
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Lascar78 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I feel sorry for you states where they have to wear pasties and G strings...tragic....
I agree. They should not be allowed to be called strip clubs
Lascar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #41
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
why would you select him over the surefire ROY fatboy? lol
Because Shelden fits a great need for us.

Our power forwards are Stromile Swift and Juwan Howard.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #42
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If this is true, its awesome news! It means that one of the following (Morrison, Gay, Bargnani, Aldridge, Thomas, Roy) will slip to 7 where the Celtics can grab him!
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #43
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
If this is true, its awesome news! It means that one of the following (Morrison, Gay, Bargnani, Aldridge, Thomas, Roy) will slip to 7 where the Celtics can grab him!
If it's Thomas who falls to the Celtics, I wouldn't get that excited about it.

I don't know how far he'd have to fall for me to consider drafting him as a good move rather than a mistake.

Hakim Warrick didn't do anything in his rookie year because he didn't (and still doesn't) really have a position. Thomas is going to have even bigger problems with this (as he's lighter) AND he's far less skilled than Warrick.

I honestly don't see a situation in the first half of the first round where drafting Thomas is a GOOD idea.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #44
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

I don't know how far he'd have to fall for me to consider drafting him as a good move rather than a mistake.

Hakim Warrick didn't do anything in his rookie year because he didn't (and still doesn't) really have a position. Thomas is going to have even bigger problems with this (as he's lighter) AND he's far less skilled than Warrick.

I honestly don't see a situation in the first half of the first round where drafting Thomas is a GOOD idea.

It's starting to look like Aldridge and Thomas will be around when the T-Wolves select at 6, and they could choose M.Williams
Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #45
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It would still be exciting to me. Granted Thomas is a work in progress, but could develop into a terrific small forward. The future frontcourt (Perk, Al, TT) would be in place.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: