Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 09-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
yclau
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default the Net seriously need to get a dependable big men

when to u guys think that the net will get one?
would it be through the draft or via trade?
yclau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

Jason Collins and Nenad Krstic are dependable big men in terms of defense and offense respectively.

both are not complete players though, but they fill the niches.

what you mean to say is that the Nets need a GOOD big man.

the free agent market has been thin in years past, and the Nets only trading assets are pretty much Vince Carter and bench players. RJ is younger and about to be primed, Jason Kidd is honored in New Jersey, Nenad Krstic is untouchable.

so far the Nets have been trying to build up big men thorugh the draft. Josh BOone is currently injured, but he supposedly has the potential to be Mini Ben Wallace with a better shooting touch.

Mile Ilic is also said to be a carbon copy of Krstic.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

you think they should gamble on Olowokandi? Hey, he's a big with some skills, maybe Kidd and co. could revive him. maybe....
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
you think they should gamble on Olowokandi? Hey, he's a big with some skills, maybe Kidd and co. could revive him. maybe....
The roster is full. They would have to buy Mcginiss out if they wanted to add anyone.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:08 AM   #6
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
The roster is full. They would have to buy Mcginiss out if they wanted to add anyone.

Don't they have the intention of buying out McGinnis? We've been hearing about that since the 2nd half of last season. Let me add that I don't think the Kandi man is dependable, but neither is McGinnis. I think we should at least give him a tryout.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:31 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:

hey... he isn't a 1st pick fer no reason! Kandi man can play ball...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #8
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

the nets really do need a dependable big man you cant have your point guard being the team leader in rebounds, i wouldnt mind seeing garnett in a nj jersey but to get him you would probably have 2 trade carter and kidd, the 2 most important assets to the nj team.
if your aiming at a big man atm one that can get you everything you need in a big man i would want to try and get odom on the team sum1 i would trade nenad and collins for

Last edited by jo3y91 : 09-16-2006 at 09:41 AM.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #9
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

I think Ely would be a great fit for the Nets. He is ready for a breakout year and he could fill the gap at the 4 spot. But the Cats would ask for Wright and I don't think that would be the best deal for the Nets
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #10
Smokey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
the nets really do need a dependable big man you cant have your point guard being the team leader in rebounds, i wouldnt mind seeing garnett in a nj jersey but to get him you would probably have 2 trade carter and kidd, the 2 most important assets to the nj team.
if your aiming at a big man atm one that can get you everything you need in a big man i would want to try and get odom on the team sum1 i would trade nenad and collins for

NENAD AND COLLINS FOR ODOM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!?!?!?!?!

ODOM IS A SF/PF AND U WANNA TRADE ONE OF THE BEST UP AND COMING CENTERS IN THE LEAGE KRSTIC AND OUR BEST DEFENDING BIG MAN COLLINS FOR HIM, HES NO WHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUGH, I WOULDNT TRADE ONE OF THEM FOR HIM
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

McInnis wants too much money. buying him out at the rate he wants will hold up the cap longer than the Nets want.

i think people forget that Nets management want people with GOOD personailities on the team. they don't want little thugs and gangster wannabes on their team. moreover, they want to get intelligent players who know the meaning of pick and roll.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:01 PM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
NENAD AND COLLINS FOR ODOM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!?!?!?!?!

ODOM IS A SF/PF AND U WANNA TRADE ONE OF THE BEST UP AND COMING CENTERS IN THE LEAGE KRSTIC AND OUR BEST DEFENDING BIG MAN COLLINS FOR HIM, HES NO WHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUGH, I WOULDNT TRADE ONE OF THEM FOR HIM

exactly... the Nets shouldn't trade... they should sign... maybe a young PF and groom him... say Ely or Mario Kasun... Krstic can play PF if they sign Kasun...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Okay everyone relax. As we all know the Nets need a big rebounder. The Genius will do his work. Rod has done his offseason moves. He will wait till halfway through the season for a blockbuster. He always has one up his sleave. Believe me somthing is in the works. It's like a card game, He is just waiting to make a move. He is not gonna rush into a bad move to early and settle for somthing less. He (like all of us) knows he is working within a two year window. He will have a better feel for what Carter will do by about mid season a big decision will be made around the all star break. I trust the Genius. He has done more for this franchise in the past 6-7 years than anyone else has. Work your magic Rod. We have faith.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:59 AM   #14
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

dude odom is better then collins and kristic together, odom in any other team besyds the lakers is a superstar, imagine a line up like this vc, lamar odom, jkidd, rj and build either josh boone or mile ilic into a productive center
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #15
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
dude odom is better then collins and kristic together, odom in any other team besyds the lakers is a superstar, imagine a line up like this vc, lamar odom, jkidd, rj and build either josh boone or mile ilic into a productive center

No, Odom is not worth giving up Collins and Kristic for...You're just a little retarded.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: