Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-13-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Default What can we get for Deng?

Pax turning down Pau Gasol for Deng was a joke.... can we get anything for this jackass now?
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Default Re: What can we get for Deng?

PK Deng and Ben Gordon for either Nick Collison or Jeff Green, filler and their 2009 First round pick
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

The Bulls need to try to make deals for Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson. That will require giving up a draft pick and Dung. I am sure we could get Bargnani for Dung.

I still think trying for Biedrins and Anthony Randolph/Marco Belinelli is possible if the Bulls give a pick, Dung, (and probably one of our guards) in a deal with Golden State.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
The Bulls need to try to make deals for Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson. That will require giving up a draft pick and Dung. I am sure we could get Bargnani for Dung.

I still think trying for Biedrins and Anthony Randolph/Marco Belinelli is possible if the Bulls give a pick, Dung, (and probably one of our guards) in a deal with Golden State.

idk if i'm really ready to take a gamble on two big unathletic white boys in spencer hawes, we're already so-so on aaron gray .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
idk if i'm really ready to take a gamble on two big unathletic white boys in spencer hawes, we're already so-so on aaron gray .

Are you kidding me? Spencer Hawes has ****ing game! The dude can shoot, rebound, etc. all the things you want from a 7 footer. Plus he is only 20 years old, his ceiling is sky-high.

Aaron Gray is a good young guy trying his best but someone who will most likely have a short NBA career. Gray is very different from Biedrins who is super athletic, oh and Hawes is athletic enough. The Bulls don't need any more dunk contest types, they need bigs with brains and sound fundamentals.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: What can we get for Deng?

I like Thompson over Hawes, but they are both good. I just can't see any scenario where the Kings would give either of them up. They are in a semi-rebuilding phase, and the only big guy they would give up right now is Brad Miller. Thompson and Hawes have been great this year.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
PK Deng and Ben Gordon for either Nick Collison or Jeff Green, filler and their 2009 First round pick
G
T
F
O
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:14 AM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

It's so frustrating to watch Luol Deng right now because I just think back to the second half of the 2006/2007 season when he was finally showing signs of becoming an All-Star. It stinks that he's never improved since then and in fact has gotten worse instead of getting better. I really like him and would love to see him play to his potential but it's just not working out. I really would keep Ben Gordon over Deng right now and start Nocioni.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #9
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

I agree... I really hoped this guy would become a solid #2 option ( 20 PPG, 5, 5) type of guy... oh well... maybe we can get Kaman for him....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

And his defense the other night against Vince Carter was awful. I realize that VC is a superstar and, while aging, is still one of the better players in the league when he is on, but when Larry Hughes can come in and shut a guy down with his old knees, there is no reason for Deng not to be able to do it as well. I don't know what is going through his mind, but he needs to fix whatever it is and get his head out of his ass. The Bulls need significant contributions from him this season if they hope to go anywhere near the playoffs.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #11
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Why is everyone hating on Deng? I don't follow the Bulls too closely but why are people calling him a jackass and Dung etc.. Is there some stuff behind the scenes that I don't know about? .. and why do you like Bargnani so much CelticForce, he's not exactly Dirk Nowitzski or anything.. and judging by his slow development I don't think he will ever will be?

I think I would give you Bargnani and Parker for Deng. Contracts match up nicely I think and the trade helps out both teams. But explain to me why everyone is hatin on Deng please?

Last edited by Toni : 12-16-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
And his defense the other night against Vince Carter was awful. I realize that VC is a superstar and, while aging, is still one of the better players in the league when he is on, but when Larry Hughes can come in and shut a guy down with his old knees, there is no reason for Deng not to be able to do it as well. I don't know what is going through his mind, but he needs to fix whatever it is and get his head out of his ass. The Bulls need significant contributions from him this season if they hope to go anywhere near the playoffs.

...and his defense against Rudy Gay was non-existent. Actually...the more I think about it I start to realize his defense is pretty damn weak for a guy that is supposed to be so important to the team. Pure comedy.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #13
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Why is everyone hating on Deng? I don't follow the Bulls too closely but why are people calling him a jackass and Dung etc.. Is there some stuff behind the scenes that I don't know about? .. and why do you like Bargnani so much CelticForce, he's not exactly Dirk Nowitzski or anything.. and judging by his slow development I don't think he will ever will be?

I think I would give you Bargnani and Parker for Deng. Contracts match up nicely I think and the trade helps out both teams. But explain to me why everyone is hatin on Deng please?

He's a nice guy as far as I know I don't dislike him as a person. But with the contract he has right now he's definitely not playing the way he should be.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

Did he seem to let up after signing that contract?

Or what? Is there something else, like an injury I don't know about?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Did he seem to let up after signing that contract?

Or what? Is there something else, like an injury I don't know about?

He missed some time earlier this year with a pulled left hamstring. I don't know if the rest of you noticed, but it looked like he landed awkwardly last night and tweaked it again. He was definitely affected by it, and was really slow at the end of regulation and in overtime. I'm really surprised Vinnie put him in over Hughes once Gooden fouled out. We were still in the game at that point, but with Deng limited by the hamstring, he couldn't help out on defense and couldn't make any good cuts on offense. I realize Hughes was sucking it up all night, but I'll take the completely healthy guy over the injured guy any day.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: