Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
StephenDedalus
Banned

StephenDedalus has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Lebron always terrible in the 4th?

We know he can't make free throws in the clutch or make jumpers in the clutch, but is he just in general not a good crunch time player?
StephenDedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
CvsFan
I brick open layups

CvsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Lebron always terrible in the 4th?

Are you kidding me? What criteria are you using to make this statement? If I'm not mistaken he lead the league in 4th quarter scoring last year. He hasn't had to play a lot of 4th quarters this season due to blow out victories, so his 4th quarter numbers this year wouldn't be anything special. He nearly assisted on game tying shots twice in the final seconds of tonight's loss at Atlanta.
CvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Yes, you're exactly right, he's the worst player on the Cavs. No scratch that, he's the worst player in NBA history. He should be shot.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
lilyi
RIP Pete Maravich #44

lilyi has an OK reputation so far

Well judging from tonight's game he is scared to shoot because he kept passing it back out... Joe Johnson was the man and hit the big turn around fadeaway! We gotta see Lebron doing it more
lilyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
StephenDedalus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
Yes, you're exactly right, he's the worst player on the Cavs. No scratch that, he's the worst player in NBA history. He should be shot.

I'm not saying that. I mean, if he showed up more than 1 game against Boston they could have won. I must never see the games when he's clutch though.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvsFan
Are you kidding me? What criteria are you using to make this statement? If I'm not mistaken he lead the league in 4th quarter scoring last year. He hasn't had to play a lot of 4th quarters this season due to blow out victories, so his 4th quarter numbers this year wouldn't be anything special. He nearly assisted on game tying shots twice in the final seconds of tonight's loss at Atlanta.

crunch isnt 4th quarter, its when the game is close with a couple minutes left.and hes isnt clutch in that time. check your stats again because when hes in those sitiations he shys away from the ball, shots jumpers,misses free throws and isnt the best player but not the worst. he wouldnt make my top guys i want down the stretch
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
StephenDedalus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
crunch isnt 4th quarter, its when the game is close with a couple minutes left.and hes isnt clutch in that time. check your stats again because when hes in those sitiations he shys away from the ball, shots jumpers,misses free throws and isnt the best player but not the worst. he wouldnt make my top guys i want down the stretch

Yeah exactly.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #8
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenDedalus
We know he can't make free throws in the clutch or make jumpers in the clutch, but is he just in general not a good crunch time player?
wrong player description

Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
CvsFan
I brick open layups

CvsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyi
Well judging from tonight's game he is scared to shoot because he kept passing it back out... Joe Johnson was the man and hit the big turn around fadeaway! We gotta see Lebron doing it more
Scared to shoot? Not exactly, he has teammates that he trusts to hit open shots, which just were not dropping tonight. Probably due to the fact they are minus two key contributors and were on the road for the second game of a back to back. Don't compare Joe Johnson chucking up bad shots to LeBron being a team player. LeBron drove to the basket and drew the defense and kicked it out for a 3 which they needed to tie the game. Then gets the offensive board and found Delonte wide open out top. Unlucky both shots failed to go in.
CvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #11
StephenDedalus
Banned

Also I am pretty sure the Cavs record is inflated due to their easy schedule. And the few good teams they have played have all been hurt (similar to their Finals run).
Old 12-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #12
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
Except by this description not only was LBJ the most clutch in the entire NBA last year, he was also one of the clutchest of all time. He had some crazy amount of points in the clutch last year.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #13
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Also I am pretty sure the Cavs record is inflated due to their easy schedule. And the few good teams they have played have all been hurt (similar to their Finals run).
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #14
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
So is the Celtics record then. Their schedule has been even easier than the Cavs.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #15
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

And i am also pretty sure that you are the biggest moron on this site. Cavaliers are a top 3 team in the NBA, and the Hawks just got lucky that Z was on the Cavaliers injured lists.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: