Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 AM   #1
starface
Banned
 
starface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,006
Default Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-5 since

So what can we get for Kaman?

Last edited by starface : 12-17-2008 at 12:51 AM.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Kaman's stock is at an all-time low. So whoever you deal for will be of less value than what Kaman provides. I heard rumors flying around for Rip whcih would be pretty nice for the Clipps but I dont know how much truth there is in that. Def. if Kaman is dealt, a shooting guard needs to come in return. I though Jrich might have been an option, but he was traded.

But Gordon has been playing very well, and any acquisition of a shooting guard would stunt his development. I say let the trade offers come to the Clippers. Let it be known that he is availible, but dont actively shop him. When you actively shop a guy, you are going to get the least amount of value for him. Kaman is a very skilled center, they shoudnt make a deal just to make a deal
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Kaman's stock is at an all-time low. So whoever you deal for will be of less value than what Kaman provides. I heard rumors flying around for Rip whcih would be pretty nice for the Clipps but I dont know how much truth there is in that. Def. if Kaman is dealt, a shooting guard needs to come in return. I though Jrich might have been an option, but he was traded.

But Gordon has been playing very well, and any acquisition of a shooting guard would stunt his development. I say let the trade offers come to the Clippers. Let it be known that he is availible, but dont actively shop him. When you actively shop a guy, you are going to get the least amount of value for him. Kaman is a very skilled center, they shoudnt make a deal just to make a deal
Where did you here that rumor regarding Hamilton? I would take it but I agrre with you about Gordon. Didn't Hamilton just sign an extension? I read that Redd is on the trading block and I would take that in heart beat.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
Where did you here that rumor regarding Hamilton? I would take it but I agrre with you about Gordon. Didn't Hamilton just sign an extension? I read that Redd is on the trading block and I would take that in heart beat.

Dont have the link, but I know I readit some place. The Bucks have Bogut though, why would they want Kaman?
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
ZeN
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 23,968
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Dont have the link, but I know I readit some place. The Bucks have Bogut though, why would they want Kaman?

3 team deal?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,092
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Kaman + Hart + Ricky + Rights to Sofoklis + 2nd rounder to Sacramento for Brad Miller + John Salmons.

Hart is bought out and returns to the Clippers.

Kaman + Ricky Davis + Rights to Sofoklis to Minnesota for Mike Miller, Craig Smith + rights to Nikola Pekovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Dont have the link, but I know I readit some place. The Bucks have Bogut though, why would they want Kaman?

I see no reason to why a Kaman/Bogut front court won't work. Kaman can play the high post, Bogut in the low.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich



I see no reason to why a Kaman/Bogut front court won't work. Kaman can play the high post, Bogut in the low.

But does it make the Bucks better than if they had Redd? I dont know, both Bogut and Kaman need to be in the paint, more near the rim to be effective. I dont see how Bucks get any better with this deal. I think they are better off keeping Redd
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
ZeN
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 23,968
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Kaman + Hart + Ricky + Rights to Sofoklis + 2nd rounder to Sacramento for Brad Miller + John Salmons.

Hart is bought out and returns to the Clippers.

Kaman + Ricky Davis + Rights to Sofoklis to Minnesota for Mike Miller, Craig Smith + rights to Nikola Pekovic



I see no reason to why a Kaman/Bogut front court won't work. Kaman can play the high post, Bogut in the low.


I would looove that..

Finally Miller would be able to get some decents shots, and have a group of guys that can support his game. Plus, I prefer to have him as the designated 3pt shooter, rather than NOvack... seeing as how Mike can do more than just shoot 3's...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Had the Wolves been smart and just kept OJ Mayo, then a deal for Miller and Kaman would look very plausible. But I dont see it happening bc Mchale is in love with love (no pun intended) and it would be a huge detriment to his developement. A Kaman/AlJeff/Mayo trio would be very nice for the Wolves
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #10
Qlippers
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 332
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Had the Wolves been smart and just kept OJ Mayo, then a deal for Miller and Kaman would look very plausible. But I dont see it happening bc Mchale is in love with love (no pun intended) and it would be a huge detriment to his developement. A Kaman/AlJeff/Mayo trio would be very nice for the Wolves
How about Kaman for Mayo and anyone else or Kaman for Marion? Since we need a big perimeter defender
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
How about Kaman for Mayo and anyone else or Kaman for Marion? Since we need a big perimeter defender

Kaman for Mayo? I think you meant someone else. Kaman for marion wouldnt be horrible but Al plays the same position and its not like Marion is a great perimeter defender
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,092
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
How about Kaman for Mayo and anyone else or Kaman for Marion? Since we need a big perimeter defender

No way will we get Mayo, and with Darko/Hammidi[sp?]/Marc, Grizzles wouldn't want Kaman. Marion, no thanks. Dude is garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Had the Wolves been smart and just kept OJ Mayo, then a deal for Miller and Kaman would look very plausible. But I dont see it happening bc Mchale is in love with love (no pun intended) and it would be a huge detriment to his developement. A Kaman/AlJeff/Mayo trio would be very nice for the Wolves

I get what your saying, but I still believe the Wolves would be goo-goo-ga-ga over a Jefferson/Kaman front court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
But does it make the Bucks better than if they had Redd? I dont know, both Bogut and Kaman need to be in the paint, more near the rim to be effective. I dont see how Bucks get any better with this deal. I think they are better off keeping Redd

Strict salary cutting move would be my guess. Redd doesn't deserve the salary he is making, and since looking at how huge it is, I don't think I'd even do it myself because we'd need to add 5-6 mil or so to get Mike.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Clippers 2-13 before Zach became a starter, 4-4 since

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff #1
Randolph has always been underrated. I've always said he was unquestionably top 5 offensively at his position. They use the "teams never won with him" excuse, but now they can't.

I guess going 4-4 on a 6-17 team counts as "winning". lol, people will still use "teams never won with him" because its still true. A 2 game winning streak doesnt change that.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy