Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #16
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
uh, why? outside of majoring in finance at wharton or stern or MIT, 99% of business majors are retards. Molecular cell bio is a fascinating field on the other hand

MCB was just so much work and ass-r@ping. Business majors have it so much easier. Social life, partying and networking are requirements. Plus, the money my business friends are now making is insane. Six figures straight out of college is ridiculous. W-T-F

I'm definitely planning to study on the east coast to get an MBA eventually. Mix that with the pharmaceutical experience I'm gaining right now. I think that'll make up for my crappy undergraduate biology studies...
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #17
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
MCB was just so much work and ass-r@ping. Business majors have it so much easier. Social life, partying and networking are requirements. Plus, the money my business friends are now making is insane. Six figures straight out of college is ridiculous. W-T-F

I'm definitely planning to study on the east coast to get an MBA eventually. Mix that with the pharmaceutical experience I'm gaining right now. I think that'll make up for my crappy undergraduate biology studies...

Is money really that important? Ibankers work 90 hour weeks and do useless work and waste the best years of their lives. I wouldn't trade a million a year salary in the business world for what I'm doing now.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #18
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
uh, why? outside of majoring in finance at wharton or stern or MIT, 99% of business majors are retards.
You forgot about Actuaries
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #19
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Just curious

What have these friends of yours become? Like what are their job titles?

I know Investment Banking...but what else?
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Oh yeah to answer the question

I wish I had known that McNabb was going to have a better day at QB than Hasselback today
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #21
rocfan1
Kids at the park dunk on me

rocfan1 has an OK reputation so far

I wish I would have known about Microsoft stocks in the 80s so I would be rich right now!!!!!!!1

All of you just got Sonned!!!!
rocfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:24 PM   #22
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking
You forgot about Actuaries

true. Actuarial science is all math and passing those tests is incredibly difficult (i think very few people get past test 4-5)
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #23
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

I wish i knew that nothing came for free.

School gives you a full schlarship, but you got to be 1 of 15 black people in your class. Def not worth it. Id rather go in debt.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #24
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocfan1
I wish I would have known about Microsoft stocks in the 80s so I would be rich right now!!!!!!!1

All of you just got Sonned!!!!
i wish i was alive in the 80s so I could have invested in microsoft...

no really, I wish I knew how lucky I was to have such a happy childhood and be loved by so many people
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #25
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub

Are you saying if you are an introverted person, you shouldn't get a business degree?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #26
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I wish i knew that nothing came for free.

School gives you a full schlarship, but you got to be 1 of 15 black people in your class. Def not worth it. Id rather go in debt.
i go to a priv catholic high school and 90% our student body are really rich white kids who haven't shopped outside of A&F in their lives, but never buy new shoes...Kinda digressing, but the kids at my rich high school are loaded with new cash and have tons of clothes but they have one pair of crappy dirty kicks.
Theres only 10-15 black kids in my class but most of them are sports stars, guess thats how they got in...too bad I'm the only brown guy and aren't a sports star...it sucks..
I went to a mostly mexican elementary school and when I got to the all white HS, its was like culture shock. First day of school I was like "Wtf is American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Puma? what happened to jordan, southpole (my mexican friends' fav company, and ecko?"
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #27
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far
Default re

I wish I had known what Bin laden was up to so I could have prevented 9/11.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #28
exit
I brick open layups

exit has no real reputation yet.

'd know that daydreaming is a time waster
exit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #29
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

I wish I had known what Robert Horry was gonna do to the Kings, so that i could blast his freakin head off.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #30
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
i go to a priv catholic high school and 90% our student body are really rich white kids who haven't shopped outside of A&F in their lives, but never buy new shoes...Kinda digressing, but the kids at my rich high school are loaded with new cash and have tons of clothes but they have one pair of crappy dirty kicks.
Theres only 10-15 black kids in my class but most of them are sports stars, guess thats how they got in...too bad I'm the only brown guy and aren't a sports star...it sucks..
I went to a mostly mexican elementary school and when I got to the all white HS, its was like culture shock. First day of school I was like "Wtf is American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Puma? what happened to jordan, southpole (my mexican friends' fav company, and ecko?"

Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: