Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #31
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I was not bashing Vick. I think he's a fantastic talent. Just look at the Falcon's record without him. I was just arguing that the bit about advancing farther really isn't that big a deal. It has no bearing on how good he is.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #32
RiseUpAtlanta
I hit open layups

It does have a bearing on how good the players are, by way of how much their contribution to the team results in wins!

A blind man can see that LT has a great impact on his team's success...but that impact hasn't resulted in the strides that Vick has made. So isn't it safe to say that Vick is the better winner of the two? Especially considering his position is regarded as being the leader of the team?
RiseUpAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #33
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I dont care how far anyone goes really. When deciding how good they are I mean. But it seems people always say "You cant win by ____" thing on Vick and ignore the fact that he HAS won. Just never went to the superbowl. Neither has Manning, Warren Moon, and many other great pure passers. Hell Dan Marino only made it once as maybe the best passer ever.

Teams win and lose not quarterbacks. And if winning must be considered(some think so) then vick is the equal of plenty of great passers. If its being effective and getting the ball down the field hes the equal of plenty of passers. Really all he doesnt have is QB friendly numbers. Which isnt that great a concern considering the rest.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:18 PM   #34
Hawker
Banned

i shouldve taken LT over shaun alexander.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #35
RiseUpAtlanta
I hit open layups

I see a lot more people saying they are against Vick, rather than really saying they are for LT...just my opinion. I haven't really seen a compelling set of reasons to take LT over Vick.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:21 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseUpAtlanta
It does have a bearing on how good the players are, by way of how much their contribution to the team results in wins!

A blind man can see that LT has a great impact on his team's success...but that impact hasn't resulted in the strides that Vick has made. So isn't it safe to say that Vick is the better winner of the two? Especially considering his position is regarded as being the leader of the team?

Cant say Vick is the better winner. It is however a team game and Tomilson (lets stop caling him LT) doesnt handle the pigskin as much as Vick. Measure thier impact more than who wins more. To me when you rank the top playmakers in the game Vick & Tomilson are high. If one wasnt that is how i would determine who won this deal or not. IMO both got franchises players who could very well end thier careers or play a considerable amount of years with thier respective franchises. And at the same time impact the teams more than any other player on thier team would. For SD to go far u want Tomilson to do this thug thizzle. Atlanta? You want Vick to do the same. Sure other areas, players will get mentioned but these are the guys u want making the most impact. They both do it well.

Good trade for both teams. I cant see a winner unless Drew Brees was still on SD and one of the elite QBs.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #37
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

5 years down the line were gonna be asking ourselves the same question regarding Manning and Rivers.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #38
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Im a Bears/Panthers fa.s a Panther fan? give me LT every time. Jake is ok by me and with a guy like LT rushing the ball 30 times a game might actually pay off. anything to get Foster downthe depth chart. But as a Bears fan I take Vick. not if I knew Rex would keep up what hes done early(he wont. hes on pace for 50 something TDs). but based on history id take Vick.

Just goes to show its case by case. Falcons and Chargers both had reason to make the deal.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:27 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
5 years down the line were gonna be asking ourselves the same question regarding Manning and Rivers.

You left out a KEY name. Fgure it out.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #40
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

As a poster before said, Falcons made the right pick with Vick, b/c he is the face of the franchise and he's a superstar. He has helped rejuvinate (sp?) that franchise and probably has brought them a ton of revenue.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #41
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseUpAtlanta
I see a lot more people saying they are against Vick, rather than really saying they are for LT...just my opinion. I haven't really seen a compelling set of reasons to take LT over Vick.

Because you asked who got the better of the trade to start the thread. People are saying it worked out well for both teams. They are answering your question. If you want people to say Vick is better, then that's the question you should've asked.

There also hasn't been any compelling set of reasons to take Vick over LT either.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:31 PM   #42
RiseUpAtlanta
I hit open layups

Haha, I refer to him as LT cause I don't feel like spelling Ladainlian or Tomlinson repeadedly...I don't buy the "good trade for both teams"....I feel there's always a winner and loser in any trade situation. Of course it is a team game and there are many factors that go into every win...but I feel Vick's impact on the game is greater than LT's. It goes beyond simply stating that each team needs them to "do their thing" in order to win. That could be said for anyone on the team. I still haven't heard anyone really make the case to draft LT over Vick, based on what we know now.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:32 PM   #43
SCY
Put yr guns up

Neither team would switch. The Lt. does play in a better conference and has team has made some dopey decisions. Vick's played with a better team/franchise, can't give him all the credit for that.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #44
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You left out a KEY name. Fgure it out.

Wouldn't be a qb that plays for another team in your state would it?
Old 09-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #45
The Mamba
High School Starter

I like them both, but I'd take LT over Vick.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: