Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #46
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Emmitt>Barry
No way in hell.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #47
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Blaze you bring up how he moves the football down the field. I'm assuming you're relating points scored/yards to how well a QB performs/makes plays. His Falcons have been middle of the pack during his time there. Of course he makes unheard plays with his feet, but, and this is just me, a great read/great throw for 40 is just as effective as a breath-taking 40 yard run were he drops a few defensive players on their rears. Making a play is making a play. Certain players skills/athletic ability determine how well it might look.

Nobody cares about Peyton making the right read & make the perfect pass, but everyone is interested in Vick and his runs. Peyton plays a perfect game today & nobody cares. 400/3tds/0ints That's making plays. The media as a whole wants to be entertained & at the end of the day people are drawn to players like Vick and what he can do athletically and it blinds them from his obvious weakness as a quarterback. The intangables. I rarely hear about his leadership abilitys. The missed reads, the over throws, the under throws, just everything man. For every play he makes there are two he doesn't. ya know?

Back to Tomlinson.

He makes plays. He has no weakness as a football player on the offensive side of the ball. He can pass, block, run in between tackles and get the tough yards, bust it outside, catch the football. He controls the clock.

Alexander is great, but I think his line had/has more to do with his numbers than his actual talent. Hate to bring it up but having a great line can do worlds of good for you as a running back. Ask Emmit.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #48
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What is suprising about Manning going for 400 yards? Hes got all kinds of records. hes gonna do that a few times a year. And vick getting big rushing yards isnt exactly a news flash either. They didnt even mention it on any recap ive seen so far. Both have done it enough to not shock anyone. Now if Vick had 400 yards passing or if Manning rushed for 130 it would be a big deal.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #49
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
5 years down the line were gonna be asking ourselves the same question regarding Manning and Rivers.

Not really. Chargers really had no choice; they made the best out of a bad situation by acquiring extra draft picks (Kaeding and Merriman) as well as Rivers.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Wouldn't be a qb that plays for another team in your state would it?

You lost me.

I was talkin bout Shawn Merriman that beast of a LB that SD got out of that deal for Eli Manning.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #51
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I thought you were talking about Big Ben for the Steelers. Another qb from that draft. But you are right about Merriman.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #52
DCL
NBA lottery pick

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
The Chargers. LT is the undisputed best running back in the NFL. Vick isn't the best QB in the NFL. Most likely not even top 3.

if you want to use that simpleton argument, you might as well say the best #1 kicker >>>> vick, which is retarded.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:36 PM   #53
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

We (charger fans) got the better deal of the trade by far. We got the best RB in LT and a draft rights to Drew Brees.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #54
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Emmitt>Barry
Trippin.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: